“Binary Base-2 & Hindu Arabic Base-10 Counting”
Binary Base-2 & Hindu Arabic Base-10 Counting
Apr 15, 2010
- An interactive animation which illustrates counting in binary.
- Type of Material:
- Interactive Animation.
- Recommended Uses:
- In class - as a demonstration with the teacher explaining what is happening. With additional support it could be used for independent learning.
- Technical Requirements:
- Requires Flash. Works in Firefox and IE - failed to work in Chrome (with Flash installed)
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- Understanding of the binary counting system
The conversion from base 10 to base 2 numbers.
- Target Student Population:
- Mathematics, computer studies, basic electronics.
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- Boolean algebra.
- Exciting lively animation.
- It could benefit from an audio description to explain what is happening in the animation and why.
- Once the mechanism is understood the illustration should provide a memorable experience that leads to a good understanding.
- The mechanism needs to be explained. A simple video with accompanying audio would be a useful addition for independent learning.
- It has very limited functionality but very good at what it does.
Very eay and fun to use.
- When you access it first, it is not immediately obvious what you have to do. However a small amount of instruction from an instructor will solve that.
- Other Issues and Comments:
- Creative Commons: