Mar 16, 2014
- This is a lesson plan for teaching the concept of remote desktop control to assist users with computer issues. The students are given a hands on assignment that includes the availability and use of free tools to use for running a remote control session.
- Type of Material:
- Written lesson plan with an embedded video
- Recommended Uses:
- This assignment is useful for introductory computer courses; technical support training classes.
- Technical Requirements:
- Computers, desktop, laptop, browser, Adobe Reader, solid high speed internet access
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
1. Identify the purpose and function of remote desktop control software.
2. Find free remote desktop control software on the Internet.
3.Install and use remote desktop control software.
- Target Student Population:
- High School, College, course designers, students who are learning technical support; computer lab student assistants; technical support teams (entry level)
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- Basic understanding of Internet search, application download and installation.
Basic computer mousing and keyboarding skills.
- The lesson plan provides a solid examination of the topic by addressing the purpose and function of such software, when it would be used,how to find good, free software to use, how to install the software, and a hands-on test of the software functionality.
- The lesson plan should be more extended. There are no actual "hands on" component instructions.
It would be helpful to have several scenarios to test out in class.
- This lesson plan could be very effective as a standalone (with more extensive examples and hands on activities), or as a part of class.
- Full lab portion would make this lesson plan exceptional. Please consider developing the lab portion.
- Clear explanations; clear reasons for the lesson and clear instructions.
- This lesson plan will be truly complete with a full lab assignment.
- Other Issues and Comments:
- Good Framework; lesson can be used as a standalone but the audience would benefit greatly from a full lab assignment.
- Creative Commons: