Public Speaking - Copy - Copy
This collection contains the Affordable Learning Solution for the Southern University System (AL$4SUS) list of peer-reviewed textbooks for Public Speaking (common course-id COMM 110), one of the top 50 college courses identified for inclusion in the Southern University Online Library for Education (SUOLforEd).
See LA Master Course Matrix
General Course Description: COMM 110
Theory and techniques of public speaking in democratic society. Discovery, development, and criticism of ideas in public discourse through research, reasoning, organization, composition, presentation, and evaluation of various types of speeches including informative and persuasive speeches.
Minimum Units: 3 units
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Explain the basic principles of human communication;
- Analyze their communication situation, audience, occasion, and purpose; and selection of subject matter;
- Formulate through research, analysis, and organization of material; presentation of the message; and evaluation of the effectiveness of their communication;
- Demonstrate that they are careful and critical thinkers and communicators, both as speakers and as listeners;
- Explain their relationship and ethical responsibilities to others involved in the communication transaction.
- Speech presentations in front of a live audience
- speech outlines and bibliographies
- critiques of speeches
- quizzes and tests
Stand up, Speak - The Practice and Ethics of Public Speaking (Open (Access) Textbook)While both classic and current academic research in public speaking guide this book, the authors believe that a new... More