21st Century American Government and Politics
In covering American government and politics, our text
- introduces the intricacies of the Constitution, the complexities of federalism, the meanings of civil liberties, and the conflicts over civil rights;
- explains how people are socialized to politics, acquire and express opinions, and participate in political life;
- describes interest groups, political parties, and elections—the intermediaries that link people to government and politics;
- details the branches of government and how they operate; and
- shows how policies are made and affect people’s lives.