HAX is a browser-based tool that allows for the quick editing and creation of content, with ways to drag-and-drop content from multiple places (such as Wikipedia or YouTube) within one browser window, and content is then rendered in real-time.
Goals of HAX:
- Build a second to none authoring experience for content
- Make web development accessible and free to all through well-designed elements that empower all users to project their ideas on the web.
- Produce incredibly accessible, high-quality experiences without needing to understand HTML or have any innate technical ability beyond accessing a browser or desktop app and clicking edit.
- Decentralize the world's knowledge by putting advanced knowledge production capabilities in the hands of everyone at no cost (100% open source, always).
- Support Open Educational Resource (OER) initiatives through the schematization (automatic or user-defined) of every aspect of the core elements leveraged by HAX
- Foster innovation through extensibility and pluggability, allowing any developer to take HAX and make it talk to their design assets.
- Integrate with anyone, anywhere they'll have us. Be fun, be welcoming, be awesome.
- Maintain forever portability and replicability of the world's knowledge by leveraging HTML / Web Components to power content production