Introduction to Dental Terminology
This program covers an introduction to dental terminology. This lesson was created for dental assisting and dental hygiene students as they start within their program of study.
1. Distinguish between the primary, secondary and mixed dentitions.
2. Describe the arrangement of the teeth in each dentition, arch and quadrant.
3. Identify any tooth in either dental arch by name and / or tooth letter or number.
4. Demonstrate a use of the universal numbering system for deciduous and permanent teeth.
5. Identify each tooth surface that is found on anterior and posterior teeth.