This course is provided for anybody who wants to learn English as in the second language. Listening and Speaking for Communication course is provided by Mahidol University’s MOOC system (MUx), in which we are developing from open-source software platform named Open edX, to help people practicing listening and speaking in everyday life situations; discussion; speech acts; interpretations; analyzing data from conversations, lectures, and reading academic issues, news, and reports from various sources.
Contents are including teaching videos, sound clips, exercises, and discussion topics.
How to Use MUx.mahidol.ac.th
1. Scroll down to change the language to English, the button will appear at the right end corner.
2. Click the register button, the site will bring you to our registration page.
3. The registration page will automatically show the left tap, which is for Mahidol University's students and staff. Click on the right tap to register as a guest.
4. Make sure you click the activation link in your registered email for the next sign-in.
5. If you already have MUx account, click on the log-in button and select the right tab to log in as a guest. The left tab is for Mahidol University's students and staff.
Strategy of uses
As in MOOC(Massive Open Online Course) aspects, students are welcome from all over the world to enroll in this course and get certificated if the learners pass 50% bar in the final test at last.
This course offers the opportunity to learn English online with no fee and easy to access learning resources.
The course contains 15 hours of the lesson teaching in Thai language, 5 hours per week. The course level is intermediate and students are not required any basic knowledge beforehand.