More about this material
Disciplines with similar materials as Using Design Patterns to Develop Reusable Object-Oriented Software
Benjamin Rice (Student)
technical data useful to an engineer, it is a good read from a market-place
trend viewpoint. It would have carried more value if it had spent more time on
solutions, and less on detailing the problems and making predictions.
Alvin Williams (Student)
2. Although a little dated(1996), it had some great insight into what is being
done to facilitate Detailed Design of Obj. Oriented Software today.
3.Would be a great tool for beginners/students in Design but woulld be old news
Tracey Jensen (Faculty)
2. Good position paper discussing the current situation with object oriented
programming, i.e. its limited use for solving complex programming patterns.
3. There is ample discussion material here for a class assignment.
4. The reader requires some background in the subject matter.
design patterns to develop object oriented software.
2. Good content. Achieving widespread reuse of complex software components
requires a concerted focus on the fundamental design patterns that underly
software systems. A design pattern is a successful solution to a set of forces
and problems that arise when building software. Patterns aid the development of
reusable software by expressing the structure and collaboration of components to
developers at a level higher than (1) source code or (2) object-oriented design
models that focus on individual objects and classes. Therefore, patterns
facilitate reuse of software architecture, even when other forms of reuse are
infeasible (e.g., due to fundamental differences in operating system mechanisms
or programming language features).
3. Effective teaching/learning resource.
4. A little on the dry side, but not bad.