This module explores treatment options for depression that can be used alone or in combination with medications such as selective serotonin uptake inhibitors (SSRIs). This is important information because many patients with depression do not want to take medication but believe this is their only option.
Components of the unit include:
- Overview of commonly used integrative approaches
- Discussion of treatment benefits, indications, and contraindications
- Prescription guidance for supplements and behavioral treatments
- Resource materials for patients
- Demonstration videos highlighting common behavioral techniques
- A review of when emergency and non IM interventions are indicated
- Additional resources for physicians.