The purpose of this resource is to have a web based, readily accessible learning tool for medical students and residents to learn and improve musculoskeletal exam of the knee.
Components of the unit include:
- A video showing the complete knee exam
- Lists of common causes of knee pain
- A brief synopsis for each diagnosis of knee pain
- A quick reference guide to specific exam manuevers
- Photos and drawings to assist with visualization of knee anatomy
- Review of documentation of a knee examLinks to further references
This resource is proposed to be used during medical student teaching of the musculoskeletal exam and during the resident sports medicine and orthopedics rotations or during routine clinical visits for patients with musculoskeletal complaints.