Skills & Interests
Science and Technology / Physics / Optics
Technical consultant with special expertise in laser physics and laser technology, nonlinear optics, fiber optics, and noise in optics. Formerly worked as a university researcher. Published around 100 papers in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- habilitation in applied physics (10/2002)
- Ph. D. (09/1994)
University of Konstanz, Germany
Beam quality of lasers
- SPIE – Physics
- Short course at the Photonics West conference
Fundamentals of fiber lasers and amplifiers
- International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP Trieste) – Physics
- Introduction to active fiber light sources, supplemented by material on mode-locked fiber lasers
Ultrafast Laser Physics
- ETH Zurich – Physics
- One-semester lecture course on ultrashort pulses, pulse generation with lasers, pulse characterization, applications
Honors & Awards
- Fresnel Prize of the European Physical Socienty (10/2002)
awarded for an "outstanding contributions to ultrafast all-solid-state lasers by pushing the frontiers in average power and pulse repetition rates by orders of magnitude"
- Encyclopedia of Laser Physics and Technology, 09/20/2004
This free online encyclopedia explains the terms and principles of laser physics and technology. It also covers other topics such as general optics and optoelectronic, nonlinear optics, quantum optics, fiber optics, ultrashort pulses, and communications.
- CEO (06/2004 – Current) RP Photonics Consulting GmbH