Criminal Justice Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the MERLOT Criminal Justice Portal, an educational resource for teaching and learning. Use this portal to discover online learning materials, MERLOT members, journals, professional organizations, and news in your discipline.
You are also invited to join MERLOT – it's free! As a member, you can contribute to this growing community of instructors and students by using and rating the learning materials you find, submitting online learning materials for evaluation that you have created or that you have used.
MERLOT prides itself on the peer reviews of material in our collection. As a member you can become a peer reviewer. The peer review process for evaluating the teaching and learning resources in MERLOT follows a standard model and is led by Editors and editorial boards. For more information, email email@example.com or visit our Peer Review Information page.
Paul Bowdre, Editor - Criminal Justice Editorial Board
This is a game based on a TV show "The First 48". The true life show follows detectives from the first call to a murder scene through the first 48 hours. This game allows the user to examine finger prints, process a crime scene, and interview suspects and family among other things.
N. Marteache - CJUS 470 - Environmental Crime Prevention Faculty e-Portfolio for California State University, San Bernardino
This textbook is being utilized in a Criminal Justice course for undergraduate students by Nerea Marteache, Ph.D. at...
Introduction to the American Criminal Justice System
There is a dearth of OER textbooks in Criminology and Criminal Justice, which made creating this textbook all the more...
Introduction to Criminal Investigation: Processes, Practices and Thinking
Introduction to Criminal Investigation, Processes, Practices, and Thinking, as the title suggests, is a teaching text...
Criminal Law begins with the foundations of law and the legal system and then extensively explores criminal laws and...
OEWeek 2019 CCCOER Faculty Dialogues: Admin of Justice
to celebrate Open Education Week, CCCOER held a 45-minute webinar where faculty in a specific discipline will discuss the...
Criminal Justice Degree and Career Guide
Criminal Justice is all about providing particular criminal justice degree, schooling, career ifnormation. You can lear,...
Principles and Procedures of the Justice System
This is a comprehensive overview of the legal procedures and constitutional requirements followed by law enforcement, the...
The Open Data Barometer
The Open Data Barometer (ODB) is a global measure of how government and publishing are using Open Data for...
Bibliography on the Social Aspects of Terrorism
This bibliography contains journal articles, book chapters, books, edited volumes, theses, grey literature,...
Bibliography of Terrorism Research Literature (Part 1)
This bibliography is the first in a series that contains journal articles, book chapters, books, edited volumes, theses,...
Bibliography on Terrorism Research Literature (Part 2)
This bibliography is the second in a series that contains journal articles, book chapters, books, edited volumes, theses,...
Bibliography of Terrorism Research Literature (Part 3)
This bibliography is the third in a series that contains journal articles, book chapters, books, edited volumes, theses,...
Collaborating Against Child Abuse | SpringerLink
This edited collection explores the background and implementation of the Nordic Barnahus (or 'Children's House') model –...
TEDxBrussels: Open Science can save the planet
Frontiers’ CEO, Kamila Markram, makes a case at TEDxBrussels for why open science is the key to innovation, economic...
Fundamentals of Personal Finance: A Guide for Helping Professionals
Fundamentals of Personal Finance: A Guide for Helping Professionals This is my OER guide to very basic concepts of...
Societal Implications of Community-Oriented Policing and Technology | SpringerLink
Part of the SpringerBriefs in Criminology book series (BRIEFSCRIMINOL) Also part of the SpringerBriefs in Policing book...
White-Collar Crime in the Shadow Economy | SpringerLink
This open access book examines the magnitude, causes of, and reactions to white-collar crime, based on the theories and...
Beyond Safety Training | SpringerLink
This book investigates why, despite more and more resources devoted to safety training, expectations are not entirely...
Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST)
The Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST) is a collaborative effort by like-minded individuals and organizations...
Community-Oriented Policing and Technological Innovations | SpringerLink
This book is open access under a CC BY 4.0 license.
Radicalisation: A Subtype of Religious Conversion?
This Research Note addresses Radicalisation: A Subtype of Religious Conversion? by starting with an evaluation Lofland...
Recent Online Resources for the Analysis of Terrorism and Related Subjects
This collection of reference material focuses on recent online resources for the analysis of terrorism and related...
130+ (Counter-) Terrorism Research Centres – an Inventory
In the still expanding field of Terrorism Studies, it is difficult to keep track of who is doing what. Anyone looking for...
N. Marteache - CJUS 590: Special Topics – Wildlife Crime Faculty e-Portfolio for CSU San Bernardino
These open resources are being utilized in a Wildlife Crime course for undergraduate students by Nerea Marteache, Ph.D....
Jacqueline CahueCalifornia State University, Bakersfield
Salma PerezCalifornia State University, Bakersfield
noemi vargasCalifornia State University, Bakersfield
Raven BolesLafayette Campus, Lafayette
Courtney MarksSouth Louisiana Community College
Hope TrahanSouth Louisiana Community College
Farah IsmailAsia Pacific Universiry
Kathryn HowardWeber State University
Nicole YeoCharles Sturt University
Chris PotierSouth Louisiana Community College
Rick MulvihillRichard Stockton College of New Jersey
Pei Yi YapManagement and Science University (MSU)
Tabitha FitzwilsonHendersonville High School
Jonathan ManipolOld Dominion University
Carina GalloSan Francisco State University
Olivia MarrufoUniversidad Autónoma de Ciudad Juárez
William BoederInterested Observer
Peyton PaxsonMiddlesex Community/Technical College
Astrid IbanezSouth Louisiana Community College
Sarah BrittoUniversity of Regina
Richard GoffVentura College
Markita McCrimmonCentral Carolina Community/Technical College
Richard Slusher IINorth Miami Beach Police Department
Donald GallonPasadena City College
- Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences
- American Correctional Association
- American Jail Association
- American Probation and Parole Association
- International Association of Chiefs of Police
- International Association for Intelligence Education
- Midwest Criminal Justice Association
- National Criminal Justice Association
- Northeastern Association of Criminal Justice Sciences
- Southern Criminal Justice Association
- Southwestern Association of Criminal Justice
- International Association for Intelligence Education
Journals & Publications
- Applied Psychology in Criminal Justice
- British Journal of Criminology
- Corrections Today
- Evidence Technology Magazine
- FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin
- Federal Probation Journal
- Homeland Security Affairs
- Journal of Criminal Justice
- Journal of Homeland Security Education
- Journal of National Security Law and Policy
- Perspectives on Terrorism
- Police Chief Magazine
- The Open Criminology Journal
- Trends and Issues in Crime and Criminal Justice
Criminal Justice on the Web
Bernie Sanders' criminal justice reform plan is actually pretty good
Aug 21, 2019 06:41 AM PDT
Philly's experiments with progressive criminal justice lend evidence to public safety debate | Opinion
Aug 21, 2019 06:40 AM PDT
Prosecutors are mainly to blame for the criminal justice crisis
Aug 21, 2019 05:56 AM PDT
Formerly Incarcerated Bed-Stuy Man Dedicates Life to Criminal Justice Reform
Aug 21, 2019 04:48 AM PDT
Elizabeth Warren's criminal justice reform plan takes aim at both Joe Biden and Kamala Harris
Aug 21, 2019 02:00 AM PDT
Sebastian County criminal justice panel brief on needs assessment
Aug 20, 2019 10:15 PM PDT
LETTER: Criminal justice bias after I was fined for traffic offence and travellers get off scott free
Aug 20, 2019 08:56 PM PDT
California Strengthens Use-of-Force Law, Still Leaves It Vague Enough to Be Unnecessarily Deadly
Aug 20, 2019 06:16 PM PDT
Sanders Criminal Justice Plan AIMS to Cut Prison Population
Aug 20, 2019 04:26 PM PDT
Opinion: I'm proof criminal justice reforms should invest in education
Aug 20, 2019 04:15 PM PDT
Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders Are Leading the Democratic Candidates on Criminal Justice ...
Aug 20, 2019 03:18 PM PDT
Sanders and Warren Left Sex Workers Out of Their Criminal Justice Plans
Aug 20, 2019 02:22 PM PDT
Warren highlights criminal justice plan in Minneapolis
Aug 20, 2019 01:37 PM PDT
Judge orders mental health evaluation for accused gunman in shooting last week at VA hospital in ...
Aug 20, 2019 01:26 PM PDT
Sentences Handed Down in Brown/Mills County District Court
Aug 20, 2019 01:15 PM PDT
Criminal Justice on Twitter
- How #assistivetechnology Improves Student Experience #EdTech @CalCommColleges buff.ly/2ZhBeCe https://t.co/t6rDUqBfFZ, photo: pic.twitter.com/t6rDUqBfFZ0 seconds ago | MERLOTorg
- On our new episode of #TheJustPod we chat with the Discovery Standards Task Force. We discuss prominent cases that… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…43 minutes ago | ABACJS
- OpenStax partner schools expected to save students $9.1M on textbooks over the upcoming year! @RiceUniversity… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 hour ago | MERLOTorg
- Want to be a better online teacher? buff.ly/2KP6IGH https://t.co/4kHLi58LL5, photo: pic.twitter.com/4kHLi58LL53 hours ago | MERLOTorg
- Congratulations to Hon. Rachel Pickering for her appointment to the 3rd Judicial District Court. Judge Pickering is… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 day ago | ABACJS
- OLC Accelerate is celebrating 25 years! Join us in Orlando in November and share your #WeAreOLC store here:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 day ago | MERLOTorg
- Need Instructional Technology OER? Check these out! buff.ly/2Y2pxLt
#OER #FoundInMERLOT… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 day ago | MERLOTorg
- The hotel deadline for the London White Collar Crime Institute is only 1 month away! Don’t forget to register and b… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 day ago | ABACJS
- Google adds community colleges to higher ed search feature @EdDiveHigherEd buff.ly/2P3t3W4 https://t.co/NQIgR1SmTx, photo: pic.twitter.com/NQIgR1SmTx2 days ago | MERLOTorg