Criminal Justice Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the MERLOT Criminal Justice Portal, an educational resource for teaching and learning. Use this portal to discover online learning materials, MERLOT members, journals, professional organizations, and news in your discipline.
You are also invited to join MERLOT – it's free! As a member, you can contribute to this growing community of instructors and students by using and rating the learning materials you find, submitting online learning materials for evaluation that you have created or that you have used.
MERLOT prides itself on the peer reviews of material in our collection. As a member you can become a peer reviewer. The peer review process for evaluating the teaching and learning resources in MERLOT follows a standard model and is led by Editors and editorial boards. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Peer Review Information page.
Paul Bowdre, Editor - Criminal Justice Editorial Board
This is a game based on a TV show "The First 48". The true life show follows detectives from the first call to a murder scene through the first 48 hours. This game allows the user to examine finger prints, process a crime scene, and interview suspects and family among other things.
Open Journal Systems | Public Knowledge Project
The Open Journal System (OJS) by the Public Knowledge Project (PKP) is a Free Open Source Software (FOSS) system...
OEWeek 2019 CCCOER Faculty Dialogues: Admin of Justice
to celebrate Open Education Week, CCCOER held a 45-minute webinar where faculty in a specific discipline will discuss the...
Criminal Justice Degree and Career Guide
Criminal Justice is all about providing particular criminal justice degree, schooling, career ifnormation. You can lear,...
Principles and Procedures of the Justice System - 2018
This is a comprehensive overview of the legal procedures and constitutional requirements followed by law enforcement, the...
The Open Data Barometer
The Open Data Barometer (ODB) is a global measure of how government and publishing are using Open Data for...
Bibliography on the Social Aspects of Terrorism
This bibliography contains journal articles, book chapters, books, edited volumes, theses, grey literature,...
Bibliography of Terrorism Research Literature (Part 1)
This bibliography is the first in a series that contains journal articles, book chapters, books, edited volumes, theses,...
Bibliography on Terrorism Research Literature (Part 2)
This bibliography is the second in a series that contains journal articles, book chapters, books, edited volumes, theses,...
Bibliography of Terrorism Research Literature (Part 3)
This bibliography is the third in a series that contains journal articles, book chapters, books, edited volumes, theses,...
Collaborating Against Child Abuse | SpringerLink
This edited collection explores the background and implementation of the Nordic Barnahus (or 'Children's House') model –...
TEDxBrussels: Open Science can save the planet
Frontiers’ CEO, Kamila Markram, makes a case at TEDxBrussels for why open science is the key to innovation, economic...
Fundamentals of Personal Finance: A Guide for Helping Professionals
Fundamentals of Personal Finance: A Guide for Helping Professionals This is my OER guide to very basic concepts of...
Societal Implications of Community-Oriented Policing and Technology | SpringerLink
Part of the SpringerBriefs in Criminology book series (BRIEFSCRIMINOL) Also part of the SpringerBriefs in Policing book...
White-Collar Crime in the Shadow Economy | SpringerLink
This open access book examines the magnitude, causes of, and reactions to white-collar crime, based on the theories and...
Beyond Safety Training | SpringerLink
This book investigates why, despite more and more resources devoted to safety training, expectations are not entirely...
Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST)
The Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST) is a collaborative effort by like-minded individuals and organizations...
Community-Oriented Policing and Technological Innovations | SpringerLink
This book is open access under a CC BY 4.0 license.
Radicalisation: A Subtype of Religious Conversion?
This Research Note addresses Radicalisation: A Subtype of Religious Conversion? by starting with an evaluation Lofland...
Recent Online Resources for the Analysis of Terrorism and Related Subjects
This collection of reference material focuses on recent online resources for the analysis of terrorism and related...
130+ (Counter-) Terrorism Research Centres – an Inventory
In the still expanding field of Terrorism Studies, it is difficult to keep track of who is doing what. Anyone looking for...
N. Marteache - CJUS 590: Special Topics – Wildlife Crime Faculty e-Portfolio for CSU San Bernardino
These open resources are being utilized in a Wildlife Crime course for undergraduate students by Nerea Marteache, Ph.D....
Ethics in Law Enforcement
In this book, you will examine the moral and ethical issues that exist within law enforcement. This book will also...
Criminal Law uses a two-step process to augment learning, called the applied approach. First, after building a strong...
National Drug Threat Assessment 2011
This assessment is a comprehensive assessment of the threat posed to the United States by the trafficking and abuse of...
Jeff SantelliColorado Technical University
Christine RodriguezUniversity of La Verne
Jessica NobleLewisandClark Community/Technical College
Mikala HamptonSouthwest Tennessee Community College
Amanda SielingSouthwest Minnesota State University
Brandon BellUniversity System of Georgia - Dalton State College
Amber SandersSheridan College
Edward MarockoSt. Clair College of Applied Arts and Technology
Victor QuirosGolden West College
James MontgomeryNational Park Community/Technical College
Alonda FullerColorado Technical University
Brianne CrumplerSan Jacinto College District
Lisa LucasAlbany Law School of Union University
Joseph SchmitzKirkwood Community/Technical College
Mashea ArringtonSouthwest Tennessee Community College
brandon LawsonSouthwest Tennessee Community College
Carla BuntynSouthern University - Shreveport Bossier City
John ZottoNorwich University
TARUS BURRELLKLEIN ISD
James McManusLorain County Community/Technical College
Paige McGeeSouth Louisiana Community College
Crystal FulkersonColorado Technical University
Carrie MaloneyEast Stroudsburg State University of Pennsylvania
Leigh LaughlinUniversity System of Georgia - Georgia Southwestern State University
- Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences
- American Correctional Association
- American Jail Association
- American Probation and Parole Association
- International Association of Chiefs of Police
- International Association for Intelligence Education
- Midwest Criminal Justice Association
- National Criminal Justice Association
- Northeastern Association of Criminal Justice Sciences
- Southern Criminal Justice Association
- Southwestern Association of Criminal Justice
- International Association for Intelligence Education
Journals & Publications
- Applied Psychology in Criminal Justice
- British Journal of Criminology
- Corrections Today
- Evidence Technology Magazine
- FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin
- Federal Probation Journal
- Homeland Security Affairs
- Journal of Criminal Justice
- Journal of Homeland Security Education
- Journal of National Security Law and Policy
- Perspectives on Terrorism
- Police Chief Magazine
- The Open Criminology Journal
- Trends and Issues in Crime and Criminal Justice
Criminal Justice on the Web
The Surprises in the Mueller Report
Apr 18, 2019 08:56 PM PDT
'Hindutva terror' acquittals expose India's deeply compromised criminal justice system
Apr 18, 2019 07:26 PM PDT
Mueller laid out 'thorough and compelling' case of obstruction, but Barr decided Trump wasn't guilty ...
Apr 18, 2019 06:52 PM PDT
High turnover continues at Harris County DA's office
Apr 18, 2019 06:30 PM PDT
Dr. Jeff Bumgarner-NDSU Department Head for Criminal Justice/Political Science Department
Apr 18, 2019 05:33 PM PDT
After 4/20, Advocates Want the Next Day to Rally for Cannabis Justice
Apr 18, 2019 05:22 PM PDT
Bernie Sanders calls for criminal justice, education reform at SC town hall
Apr 18, 2019 05:11 PM PDT
Inaugural Department of Criminal Justice Symposium: Gangs in the Southwest
Apr 18, 2019 05:07 PM PDT
What's New in Civic Tech: CfA Justice Project Gets Donations
Apr 18, 2019 04:15 PM PDT
ACJS Academy Awards and Others
Apr 18, 2019 04:11 PM PDT
Former US attorney general talks criminal justice reform
Apr 18, 2019 03:52 PM PDT
The myriad factors affecting crime do not lend themselves to easy fixes
Apr 18, 2019 03:41 PM PDT
The Politics & Policy Daily: It's (Finally) Mueller Time
Apr 18, 2019 03:30 PM PDT
LUCHA Protests, Calling For Criminal Justice Reform
Apr 18, 2019 03:26 PM PDT
Criminal Justice & Law
Apr 18, 2019 03:24 PM PDT
The Mueller report, explained
Apr 18, 2019 03:04 PM PDT
Criminal Justice on Twitter
- Dr. @LauraIRendon, Professor Emerita at @UTSA, joins #OLCCollaborate #SanDiego for a talk called “Fostering… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…10 hours ago | MERLOTorg
- RT @washingtonpost: Read the redacted Mueller Report here: wapo.st/2Up3Kvk17 hours ago | ABACJS
- Grants Management Training Day at the 2019 Forum on Criminal Justice. Check out the agenda! forumoncriminaljustice.org/forumoncrimina…19 hours ago | thencja
- Join us for #OLCCollaborate San Diego! We’ll be at @AshfordU on June 4th. Just $175 for academics who are also OLC… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 day ago | MERLOTorg
- Live Online Video Classes Are ‘The New Face-to-Face.’ #EdTech #MOOC @EdSurge buff.ly/2PnkWk1 https://t.co/pMAcf46ahP, photo: pic.twitter.com/pMAcf46ahP1 day ago | MERLOTorg
- How did Cyntoia Brown gain #clemency? What does The First Step Act do? And what doesn't it do? How is… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 day ago | ABACJS
- Nominations are open for the Charles R. English Award. This honor is awarded to judges, prosecutors, the defense ba… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 days ago | ABACJS
- A THREAD: Nominations are open for the Criminal Justice Section awards! Do you know a judge, prosecutor, professor… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 days ago | ABACJS
- SA Kim Foxx has faced backlash for the handling of the Jussie Smollett fraud case. #ABACJS Prosecution Fuction Chai… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…3 days ago | ABACJS
- Register now for the 10th Annual Prescription for Criminal Justice Forensics hosted at Fordham University School of… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…3 days ago | ABACJS