Criminal Justice Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the MERLOT Criminal Justice Portal, an educational resource for teaching and learning. Use this portal to discover online learning materials, MERLOT members, journals, professional organizations, and news in your discipline.
You are also invited to join MERLOT – it's free! As a member, you can contribute to this growing community of instructors and students by using and rating the learning materials you find, submitting online learning materials for evaluation that you have created or that you have used.
MERLOT prides itself on the peer reviews of material in our collection. As a member you can become a peer reviewer. The peer review process for evaluating the teaching and learning resources in MERLOT follows a standard model and is led by Editors and editorial boards. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Peer Review Information page.
Paul Bowdre, Editor - Criminal Justice Editorial Board
This is a game based on a TV show "The First 48". The true life show follows detectives from the first call to a murder scene through the first 48 hours. This game allows the user to examine finger prints, process a crime scene, and interview suspects and family among other things.
N. Marteache - CJUS 470 - Environmental Crime Prevention Faculty e-Portfolio for California State University, San Bernardino
This textbook is being utilized in a Criminal Justice course for undergraduate students by Nerea Marteache, Ph.D. at...
Introduction to the American Criminal Justice System
There is a dearth of OER textbooks in Criminology and Criminal Justice, which made creating this textbook all the more...
Introduction to Criminal Investigation: Processes, Practices and Thinking
Introduction to Criminal Investigation, Processes, Practices, and Thinking, as the title suggests, is a teaching text...
Criminal Law begins with the foundations of law and the legal system and then extensively explores criminal laws and...
OEWeek 2019 CCCOER Faculty Dialogues: Admin of Justice
to celebrate Open Education Week, CCCOER held a 45-minute webinar where faculty in a specific discipline will discuss the...
Criminal Justice Degree and Career Guide
Criminal Justice is all about providing particular criminal justice degree, schooling, career ifnormation. You can lear,...
Principles and Procedures of the Justice System
This is a comprehensive overview of the legal procedures and constitutional requirements followed by law enforcement, the...
The Open Data Barometer
The Open Data Barometer (ODB) is a global measure of how government and publishing are using Open Data for...
Bibliography on the Social Aspects of Terrorism
This bibliography contains journal articles, book chapters, books, edited volumes, theses, grey literature,...
Bibliography of Terrorism Research Literature (Part 1)
This bibliography is the first in a series that contains journal articles, book chapters, books, edited volumes, theses,...
Bibliography on Terrorism Research Literature (Part 2)
This bibliography is the second in a series that contains journal articles, book chapters, books, edited volumes, theses,...
Bibliography of Terrorism Research Literature (Part 3)
This bibliography is the third in a series that contains journal articles, book chapters, books, edited volumes, theses,...
Collaborating Against Child Abuse | SpringerLink
This edited collection explores the background and implementation of the Nordic Barnahus (or 'Children's House') model –...
TEDxBrussels: Open Science can save the planet
Frontiers’ CEO, Kamila Markram, makes a case at TEDxBrussels for why open science is the key to innovation, economic...
Fundamentals of Personal Finance: A Guide for Helping Professionals
Fundamentals of Personal Finance: A Guide for Helping Professionals This is my OER guide to very basic concepts of...
Societal Implications of Community-Oriented Policing and Technology | SpringerLink
Part of the SpringerBriefs in Criminology book series (BRIEFSCRIMINOL) Also part of the SpringerBriefs in Policing book...
White-Collar Crime in the Shadow Economy | SpringerLink
This open access book examines the magnitude, causes of, and reactions to white-collar crime, based on the theories and...
Beyond Safety Training | SpringerLink
This book investigates why, despite more and more resources devoted to safety training, expectations are not entirely...
Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST)
The Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST) is a collaborative effort by like-minded individuals and organizations...
Community-Oriented Policing and Technological Innovations | SpringerLink
This book is open access under a CC BY 4.0 license.
Radicalisation: A Subtype of Religious Conversion?
This Research Note addresses Radicalisation: A Subtype of Religious Conversion? by starting with an evaluation Lofland...
Recent Online Resources for the Analysis of Terrorism and Related Subjects
This collection of reference material focuses on recent online resources for the analysis of terrorism and related...
130+ (Counter-) Terrorism Research Centres – an Inventory
In the still expanding field of Terrorism Studies, it is difficult to keep track of who is doing what. Anyone looking for...
N. Marteache - CJUS 590: Special Topics – Wildlife Crime Faculty e-Portfolio for CSU San Bernardino
These open resources are being utilized in a Wildlife Crime course for undergraduate students by Nerea Marteache, Ph.D....
John LanierStanly Community/Technical College
JOHN LANTZWest Virginia Northern Community/Technical College
Lisa HolleranSaint Edward's University
Christina GreenPenn Foster
Diana CulpFrederick Community/Technical College
Paul ClarkMid Ohio Valley Technical Institute
Lynn MillerAlbany Technical College
Jesus AmayaCalifornia State University, Bakersfield
Aileen CalderonCalifornia State University, Bakersfield
Emily BarraganCalifornia State University, Bakersfield
Michael PuckettState University of New York System - College at Oneonta
Laisah LoaisigaCalifornia State University, Bakersfield
Daniel VidalCalifornia State University, Bakersfield
Litzy Karina Sanchez VazquezCalifornia State University, Bakersfield
Carina RomeroCalifornia State University, Bakersfield
Jacqueline CahueCalifornia State University, Bakersfield
Salma PerezCalifornia State University, Bakersfield
noemi vargasCalifornia State University, Bakersfield
Raven BolesLafayette Campus, Lafayette
Courtney MarksSouth Louisiana Community College
Hope TrahanSouth Louisiana Community College
Farah IsmailAsia Pacific Universiry
Kathryn HowardWeber State University
Nicole YeoCharles Sturt University
- Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences
- American Correctional Association
- American Jail Association
- American Probation and Parole Association
- International Association of Chiefs of Police
- International Association for Intelligence Education
- Midwest Criminal Justice Association
- National Criminal Justice Association
- Northeastern Association of Criminal Justice Sciences
- Southern Criminal Justice Association
- Southwestern Association of Criminal Justice
- International Association for Intelligence Education
Journals & Publications
- Applied Psychology in Criminal Justice
- British Journal of Criminology
- Corrections Today
- Evidence Technology Magazine
- FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin
- Federal Probation Journal
- Homeland Security Affairs
- Journal of Criminal Justice
- Journal of Homeland Security Education
- Journal of National Security Law and Policy
- Perspectives on Terrorism
- Police Chief Magazine
- The Open Criminology Journal
- Trends and Issues in Crime and Criminal Justice
Criminal Justice on the Web
Supreme Court to consider whether sniper Lee Malvo should be resentenced
Oct 14, 2019 03:30 AM PDT
Kansas made this sex trafficking survivor a criminal. She wants another chance.
Oct 14, 2019 02:56 AM PDT
There Are Way Too Many Prosecutors in the Federal Judiciary
Oct 14, 2019 02:45 AM PDT
Commissioner Cook talks about changing times at Connecticut's prisons
Oct 14, 2019 02:33 AM PDT
Kamala Harris' Offices Fought Payments to Wrongly Convicted
Oct 14, 2019 02:00 AM PDT
Letters: Governor displays total disregard for public safety
Oct 14, 2019 01:48 AM PDT
New York's Most Desperate Caught Up in 'Crimes of Poverty'
Oct 14, 2019 01:15 AM PDT
UW grad Lisa Daugaard may be the best qualified to bring radical criminal justice reform to Seattle
Oct 14, 2019 12:07 AM PDT
Domestic violence: NI crime rates highest on record
Oct 13, 2019 10:03 PM PDT
Colorado Division Of Criminal Justice Moving Towards Performance-Based Contracting For ...
Oct 13, 2019 08:56 PM PDT
Hearing scheduled Monday to consider DNA testing in Sedley Alley case
Oct 13, 2019 08:00 PM PDT
First Responders: Investigator Jeff Jowers
Oct 13, 2019 07:48 PM PDT
SU Humanities Center hosts panel on issues shown in '12 Angry Men'
Oct 13, 2019 07:03 PM PDT
LAX Police Chief is excited to serve community in new position
Oct 13, 2019 06:07 PM PDT
Our View: Limiting the speech of prisoners is unconstitutional
Oct 13, 2019 04:15 PM PDT
'When They See Us' Screening & Panel Discussion Hosted at Jefferson School
Oct 13, 2019 03:18 PM PDT
Fort Worth police shooting spurs calls for transparency, justice in death of 28-year-old woman
Oct 13, 2019 02:33 PM PDT
Start your Monday smart: Opioid trial, impeachment, Brexit, EU tariffs, Dems' debate
Oct 13, 2019 02:22 PM PDT
Criminal Justice on Twitter
- The Annual Review of the Supreme Court’s term, Criminal Cases (2018-2019) by Prof. Roy Little is now available onli… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 days ago | ABACJS
- We are ONE month away from the 12th Annual CJS Fall Institute! Register to meet top criminal law practitioners from… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @ABAesq: Mental health matters. Do you need help or know someone who does? Find information about your state’s Lawyer Assistance Program…
- Andrea Gacki, Director of OFAC, US Treasury and Rena Lalgie, Director, Office of Financial Sanctions Implementation… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- #ABACJS Standards for the Prosecution Function 3-1.10: cited in discussion of public statements. cincinnati.com/story/opinion/…
- Why is this impeachment inquiry not a criminal investigation? What are the differences? We discuss on #TheJustPod w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4 days ago | ABACJS
- How Intrinsic Motivation Helps Students Manage Digital Distractions @EdSurge buff.ly/2AOWWQf https://t.co/zoaJwJTwIn, photo: pic.twitter.com/zoaJwJTwIn
- Coursera Brings Online Course Content to Campus @Campus_Tech buff.ly/2OvwOlx
- Seven Tips for Developing a Digital Music Classroom @EdSurge buff.ly/2MgLTEI https://t.co/rornkkEgwt, photo: pic.twitter.com/rornkkEgwt