Psychology Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the MERLOT Psychology Portal! The Psychology collection provides access to nearly 20 different types of materials (including online texts and online courses) across 15 psychology disciplines. The MERLOT Psychology Editorial Board manages the collection and oversees a peer review process that evaluates the applicability of the materials within the collection. We invite you to explore all that our collection has to offer. Our Board strives to review every Learning Object (LO) submitted for review. We have a multi-level review process for each LO, and use a standardized review form in assessing all LOs submitted to the Psychology collection.
Catherine Honig, Ph.D., Editor -- National Louis University
Julie Evey, Ph.D. -- Kent State University, Geauga
Jean Mandernach, Ph.D. -- Grand Canyon University
Sherri Restauri, Ph.D. -- Coastal Carolina University
This activity is a creatively designed web-based tutorial for teaching the concept of positive reinforcement. Developed by Athabasca University's (Canada) Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, the tutorial introduces students to the definition of positive reinforcement and provides an opportunity for them to participate in a two-part exercise that takes .5 to 1.5 hours to complete.
Stress measurement in less than one minute
Drawing on the scholarly writings of the late professor Richard S. Lazarus, the book presents the development of the...
TEDxBrussels: Open Science can save the planet
Frontiers’ CEO, Kamila Markram, makes a case at TEDxBrussels for why open science is the key to innovation, economic...
CMU's Open Science LibGuide for Biological Sciences
Carnegie Mellon University's Open Science LibGuide for Biological Sciences will provide you with resources for making...
Mason OER Metafinder (MOM): OER Repository Search Engine
George Mason University Libraries' "Mason OER Metafinder" is designed as a search engine (metafinder) of popular OER...
Maptia · Home to a World of Stories
Bringing you a world of inspiring and thought-provoking stories, Maptia is a collaborative project with photographers,...
OpenGrey: "System for Information on Grey Literature in Europe"
OpenGrey is an open access, open science tool, information system for locating Open Grey Literature in Europe. OpenGrey...
Choosing a psychotherapist: Activity and handout | The Macmillan Community
Blog provides additional instructional suggestions for APA's "How to Choose a Psychologist" at...
Thingful.net - a search engine for the Internet of Things (Open IoT Data)
Thingful is a search engine fot the Internet of Things (IoT), enabling secure discoverability and interoperability...
UWG Introduction to General Psychology
This open textbook for Introduction to General Psychology is a remix of newly-created chapters by UWG faculty and...
This textbook for Psychological Development was created by Dr. Tori Kearns and Dr. Deborah Lee under a Round Nine...
Vidéos Psychologie de la négociation
Accès aux 72 vidéos du MOOC (cours en ligne ouvert à tous) consacré à psychologie de la négociation, réalisé par la...
Fundamentals of Personal Finance: A Guide for Helping Professionals
Fundamentals of Personal Finance: A Guide for Helping Professionals This is my OER guide to very basic concepts of...
The Smart Grief Guide |
When someone who has been important to us dies, we are often left with a confusion of feelings and emotions. This guide...
El positivismo es uno de los pilares fundamentales en la vida humana y es que en psicologia se afirma que ser positivo es...
Welcome to eInterview.org, a unique website that goes well beyond standard web surveys. Using an interactive technology...
The MPG Illusion Website
Using behavioral insights to promote smarter decisions about energy efficiency and energy use.
Greater Good: The Science of a Meaningful Life
Based at UC Berkeley, Greater Good reports on groundbreaking research into the roots of compassion, happiness, and...
Breaking Prejudice - Home
Breaking the prejudice habit: Awareness harmony acceptance advocates
Action teaching is a high-impact style of instruction that contributes to peace, social justice, and sustainable living...
Personality Pedagogy; A compendium of resources for the teaching of personality psychology
A compendium of resources for the teaching of personality psychology
Disability, Health and Human Development | SpringerLink
This open access book introduces the human development model to define disability and map its links with health and...
Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST)
The Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST) is a collaborative effort by like-minded individuals and organizations...
Lone Parenthood in the Life Course | SpringerLink
Lone parenthood is an increasing reality in the 21st century, reinforced by the diffusion of divorce and separation. This...
Open Science MOOC: Principles and Practices
The Open Science MOOC: Principles and Practices is designed for faculty, students, and researchers who want to better...
Yohance MurrayMorehouse College
Doug HoltonValencia Community/Technical College
Amy OvermanElon University
Jennifer PrestonPasadena City College
Alicia MurilloAvila College
Jennifer CooperStonehill College
Dr. Erika SotoCalifornia Baptist University
Yashica Crawford, Ph.D.College of Marin
Dan AirthEl Camino College
Marcia OstrowskiUniversity of Southampton
Edward ReidSouthwest Tennessee Community College
MICHAEL MANGANUniversity of New Hampshire
Margaret TarampiUniversity of Hartford
Kylie CrutsingerUniversity of North Texas
Susan FieldGeorgian Court University
Ian PaytonBethune-Cookman University
Mary DolanCalifornia State University, Chico
Jennie RussellUrshan College
Belky SchwartzFlorida International University
José Hugo LópezUACJ
Rita DwanThe American Psychological Association
Roxie DavisWalden University
Sandra MooreSan Bernardino Valley College
Joy TURNERImmaculata University
Materials by Discipline
- APA Style and Manuscript Preparation (36)
- Biological (118)
- Clinical and Counseling (103)
- Cognitive (303)
- Community and Health (58)
- Developmental (110)
- Diversity (32)
- Ethics (18)
- General (118)
- History and Systems (15)
- Industrial and Organizational (40)
- Learning and Memory (37)
- Personality (37)
- Sensation and Perception (56)
- Social Psychology (113)
- Statistics and Research Methods (63)
Journals & Publications
- Teaching of Psychology
- American Psychologist
- Developmental Psychology
- Health Psychology
- Journal of Abnormal Psychology
- Journal of Consulting and a Clinical Psychology
- Journal of Applied Psychology
- Journal of Personality and Social Psychology
- Psychological Assessment
- Psychological Bulletin
- Psychology and Aging
- Psychological Science
- APA & Affiliated Journals
Psychology on the Web
Psychology on Twitter
- Did you know @TeachPsych offers a Professional Development Mentoring Program? Learn more at teachpsych.org/page-1603031… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…15 hours ago | TeachPsych
- Dr. Pimple Popper has more than 3.8 million YouTube subscribers who watch her squeeze, pop and pick pimples. What i… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…16 hours ago | APA
- What Happens in the Classroom No Longer Stays in the Classroom. What Does That Mean for Teaching? chronicle.com/article/What-H… via
- Personality development and adjustment in college: A multifaceted, cross-national view. | Journal of Personality an… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Technology is rapidly advancing across the psychology field. Are you keeping up? Register for #APA2018 and visit th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 day ago | APA
- This study highlights a potential association between digital media and behavioral symptoms typically associated wi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 day ago | APA
- Maintaining online courses into maturity requires substantial investment ihenow.com/2Lx5VJn
- RT @TheLab_DC: Didn't make #formapalooza a few weeks back? Another opportunity to share your input in the revision process with @dcra! http…1 day ago | PsychScience
- As you plan your fall course, take a peek at the wealth of model syllabi available at Project Syllabus on the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- "Although faculty may feel they are hurting students when they assign randomized exams, results of both of our expe… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 days ago | TeachPsych