Psychology Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the MERLOT Psychology Portal! The Psychology collection provides access to nearly 20 different types of materials (including online texts and online courses) across 15 psychology disciplines. The MERLOT Psychology Editorial Board manages the collection and oversees a peer review process that evaluates the applicability of the materials within the collection. We invite you to explore all that our collection has to offer. Our Board strives to review every Learning Object (LO) submitted for review. We have a multi-level review process for each LO, and use a standardized review form in assessing all LOs submitted to the Psychology collection.
Catherine Honig, Ph.D., Editor -- National Louis University
Julie Evey, Ph.D. -- Kent State University, Geauga
Jean Mandernach, Ph.D. -- Grand Canyon University
Sherri Restauri, Ph.D. -- Coastal Carolina University
This activity is a creatively designed web-based tutorial for teaching the concept of positive reinforcement. Developed by Athabasca University's (Canada) Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, the tutorial introduces students to the definition of positive reinforcement and provides an opportunity for them to participate in a two-part exercise that takes .5 to 1.5 hours to complete.
Inside the Brain: An Interactive Tour
The Brain Tour explains how the brain works and how Alzheimer's affects it. Taking the tour: There are 16 interactive...
The Datasaurus Dozen - Same Stats, Different Graphs: Generating Datasets with Varied Appearance and Identical Statistics through Simulated Annealing | Autodesk Research
Same Stats, Different Graphs: Generating Datasets with Varied Appearance and Identical Statistics through Simulated...
Want some data that look a certain way or have certain stats, but don't have the time to look for a suitable data set or...
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide is a practical reference/development tool for...
Minding the Workplace
Written by David Yamada (Professor of Law, Suffolk University Law School), Minding the Workplace is a blog that is...
WorkplacePsychology.net is Dr. Steve Nguyen's resource-rich blog "about people and behavior in the workplace."
NFL Player Assessment Test
In a 30-minute presentation at the 2017 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference, Dr. Ken Yusko describes a compelling...
Society for Organizational Learning, North America (SOL)
Guiding Principles: "SoL North America allows people to come together to share their experiences and improve both their...
Alliance for Organizational Psychology (AOP)
The AOP is "a federation of Work, Industrial, and Organizational Psychology societies from around the world." Faculty...
INA-Rxiv Papers: The Open Access Preprint Server of Indonesia
INA-Rxiv Papers is a free, open access, country-lead preprint service and preprint repository for all academic and...
Virtual Reality And It's Potential For Europe
Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) are technologies which have the potential to transform the way we work,...
LabScribbles: SGC's Extreme Open Science Initiative: Real-time Open Lab/books
LabScribbles, another milestone and model in Open Science, involves 20+ research scientists from different Structural...
Metrics-Toolkit.org | Helping you use metrics responsibly
The Metrics Toolkit provides evidence-based information about research metrics across disciplines, including how each...
LIS Scholarship Archive (LISSA): Open Access Preprints for Library & Informational Sciences
LIS Scholarship Archive (LISSA) is a free, open access preprints service for Library & Information Sciences and allied...
BITSS: Open Access Preprints for Improving Open Research Transparency and Reproducibility
Berkeley Initiative for Transparency in the Social Sciences (BITSS) is an interdisciplinary preprint archive focused on...
Dimensions.ai: Open Access Research Repository
Digital Science Dimensions (DS Dimensions) is a linked research knowledge system that makes it easy to find and analyze...
protocols.io - International Open Access Repository of Science Methods
Protocols.io is a freely available, crowd-sourced, up-to-date, International Open Access Research Repository for Science...
Open Research Glossary
The Open Research Glossary is designed as a reference resource to inform people about the culture of "Open Scholarship."...
Digital Commons Network: [Open Access] Higher Education Commons
The Digital Commons Network: Higher Education contains and categorizes 44,000+ Open Access scholarly written articles...
Rightsback.org: "Returning Authors' Rights" Termination of Transfer Tool
The Author's Alliance and Creative Commons have created the "Termination of Transfer" (ToT) tool that helps authors...
La Referencia: Latin America's Open Science/Open Access Repositories Network
La Referencia is Latin America's inner-connected network of Open Access repositories, consisting of 100+ academic...
PSY11 - Psychology - Personality
This Free Mini MOOC provides Quick introduction to "Psychology - Personality" in just Two Weeks, on your Smartphone ! ...
PSY05 - Psychology - Sensation and Perception
This Free Mini MOOC provides Quick Introduction to "Psychology - Sensation and Perception" in just a Single Week, on your...
PSY01 - Psychology - Introduction to Psychology
This Free Mini MOOC provides Quick introduction to "Psychology - Introduction to Psychology" in just a Single Week, on...
Katherine TurnerSan Diego State University
Dolores HarperSparks High School
Sai Mun Simon LeeSociety for Inudstrial and Organizational Psychology
Tian JiangUniversity of Rochester
Travis CunninghamColorado State University
Derek HemenwaySaint Leo University
Rodger SteinAmerican River College
Jennifer PedersenKaplan University
Hari BabueSoft consulting
a pTrent University
Damon MitchellCentral Connecticut State University
Paloma TorresLong Beach Unified School District
Ed SchultzeFrederick Community/Technical College
Marie M AltidorOregon State University
tonya wilsonExcelsior College
Michael MillerNavarro College
Ken GuttmanCitrus College
Michelle MarchPurdue University System - Purdue University
Meg Boesno affiliation
Zobaida LaotaUniversity of North Carolina System - Greensboro
Materials by Discipline
- APA Style and Manuscript Preparation (37)
- Biological (118)
- Clinical and Counseling (101)
- Cognitive (302)
- Community and Health (58)
- Developmental (107)
- Diversity (30)
- Ethics (18)
- General (116)
- History and Systems (15)
- Industrial and Organizational (40)
- Learning and Memory (37)
- Personality (37)
- Sensation and Perception (56)
- Social Psychology (112)
- Statistics and Research Methods (63)
Journals & Publications
- Teaching of Psychology
- American Psychologist
- Developmental Psychology
- Health Psychology
- Journal of Abnormal Psychology
- Journal of Consulting and a Clinical Psychology
- Journal of Applied Psychology
- Journal of Personality and Social Psychology
- Psychological Assessment
- Psychological Bulletin
- Psychology and Aging
- Psychological Science
- APA & Affiliated Journals
Psychology on the Web
Psychology on Twitter
- UC Berkeley Rolls Out Tech for Accessible Course Content #accessibility #edtech buff.ly/2HR0tik https://t.co/Xd8ImIkiWx, photo: pic.twitter.com/Xd8ImIkiWx13 hours ago | MERLOTorg
- New issue of Online Learning Journal @OLCToday buff.ly/2HRYYjP15 hours ago | MERLOTorg
- Have you heard the podcast interviews of Bill McKeachie and Charles Brewer on @psych_sessions? Check them out - alo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…16 hours ago | TeachPsych
- Why would doctors in California be reluctant to screen new and expecting mothers for depression? on.apa.org/2G9Kkaz17 hours ago | APA
- RT @jmblush17: As an instructor whose university is located near a large military base, this topic is definitely relevant in my classes. A…17 hours ago | TeachPsych
- A statement from our CEO @ArthurCEvans on the gov't proposal to address the #opioid epidemic: We support expanding… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…20 hours ago | APA
- Psychological scientist Marc Berman chats about his research and the Environmental Neuroscience Lab @UChicago news.uchicago.edu/article/2018/0…1 day ago | PsychScience
- RT @lauriesantos: Happy #InternationalDayOfHappiness! Check out @GreaterGoodSC's article on personal happiness practice tips from me, @Dunn…1 day ago | PsychScience
- Coursera Launches Six New Degrees Including a Bachelors Degree @classcentral buff.ly/2G5NfBb https://t.co/zV6oN1entO, photo: pic.twitter.com/zV6oN1entO1 day ago | MERLOTorg
- You are what you eat. How diet can affect your mental health on.apa.org/2G3zgf41 day ago | APA