Brains Minds and Computers
This course addresses several fundamental Neuroscience issues from an Engineering viewpoint:
- How the brain works from both a bioelectrical and a computational point of view
- How to use computers to simulate and explore neural function (Computational Neuroscience)
- How memories are inscribed in the brain and why that is so different from the way computers do it
- How sensory perception (particularly vision and hearing) compares in brains and computers
- How signals generated in the brain can be noninvasively monitored and interfaced to control external devices.