This is a module that is part of a course on Issues in Culture and Society. The site contains presentations, readings,and assignments and was updated in 2007. The author lists as objectives for this module:
- Learn just what we mean by "culture".
- Understand the role of mass communication in forming a "Common Culture".
- Understand how culture liberates and limits the individual.
- Understand how culture defines, divides, and unites us.
- And understand the difference between the dominant culture and sub-cultures.
You just viewed What Is Culture?
. Please take a moment to rate this material.
Search by ISBN?
It looks like you have entered an ISBN number. Would you like to search using what you have
entered as an ISBN number?
Searching for Members?
You entered an email address. Would you like to search for members? Click Yes to continue. If no, materials will be displayed first. You can refine your search with the options on the left of the results page.