Culture of Safety Part III - Why Do Things Go Wrong
Learners will be able to:
- Explain the significance of complex adaptive systems to a healthcare culture of safety;
- Summarize the factors that make nursing work complex;
- Explain the influence of human performance factors on nursing work;
- Use the Swiss Cheese Model to demonstrate how errors occur; and
- Demonstrate how the complexity of health care organizations and nursing work can interact with human performance factors to produce errors.