Heritage of Loving Service:The Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in Tucson
next to San Agustin Church for the children of Tucson and three years later one for the native American children at the San
Xavier Mission. Later the parochial school was put under the direction of the Sisters and an orphanage was begun. In 1880,
they took in the first patients at St. Mary's Hospital caring for the sick and injured of the Southern Pacific Railroad, County
patients, and all who came. This World Wide Web exhibit offers a digital history and tribute to the Sisters' contributions in
Tucson and the region.