Library and Information Services Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the MERLOT Library and Information Services portal, an educational resource for information professionals.
Create a free account and begin using the learning materials, submitting your own materials for evaluation or those you find valuable on the web, and learning new ideas to help your teaching.
Research Roadmap is an interactive online tutorial for students wanting an introduction to research skills. The tutorial covers the basics, including how to select a topic and develop research questions, select, search for, find, and evaluate information sources. It also covers the ethics of information use, including copyright and fair use, how to avoid plagiarism, and how to cite sources correctly.
Remote Capture: Digitising Documentary Heritage in Challenging Locations
This is a must-read how-to guide if you are planning to embark on a scholarly digitisation project. Tailored to the...
Access to Online Resources | SpringerLink
This book is published open access under a CC BY 4.0 licence.The book offers a concise guide for librarians, helping them...
Information Literacy: Searching in Scopus
This tutorial shows some of the specific features of the bibliographic database and search system Scopus. In this...
Open Science Training Handbook (ver 1)
The Open Science Training Handbook (ver. 1) is intended for anyone who wishes to host Open Science training events or...
U.S. Copyright Basics Tutorial
This lesson introduces the basics of U.S. copyright protection. Copyright is a form of legal protection that allows...
Public Librarians - BecomeALibrarian.org
A site that tells all the career of librarianship. "If you're looking for a job that is highly skilled, in demand and...
Information Literacy: PubMed
This tutorial is meant to show some of the specific features of the PubMed database and search system. In this module...
Habits of Mind Toolkit
This toolkit provides the foundational "habits of mind" or skills that underlie approaches to effectively interacting...
ChemSpider.com | Chemical Structure Database
ChemSpider is a free chemical structural database providing fast text and structure search access to over 63+ million...
CitizenScience.gov (USA) is an official government website designed to accelerate the use of crowdsourcing and Citizen...
Canadian School Libraries Research Archive – Scholarly and Practitioner Research about the School Library Learning Commons
The Canadian School Libraries Research Archive makes scholarly and practitioner research from all Treasure Mountain...
Metrics-Toolkit.org | Helping you use metrics responsibly
The Metrics Toolkit provides evidence-based information about research metrics across disciplines, including how each...
LIS Scholarship Archive (LISSA): Open Access Preprints for Library & Informational Sciences
LIS Scholarship Archive (LISSA) is a free, open access preprints service for Library & Information Sciences and allied...
Online Plagiarism Checker Tool | Plagiarismcheck.org
An advanced plagiarism checking tool that will help you identify plagiarism in any document, if it exists. Free and paid...
Library Tutorials | Libraries | Colorado State University
This website teachs basic and advanced boolean search, truncaiton, and "where do I start", etc.
Library Tools and Tutorials - Research Guides at Dominican University of California
This website provides multiple research guides on how to complete research. Some topics are annotated bibliography,...
LibGuides: Library Tutorials Best Practices: Creating Tutorials: Best Practices
This site provided access to mulltiple tutorials, LibGuides, PowerPoints, technology, etc. on how to research and locate...
Online Library Tutorials | UNCW Randall Library
There are multiple online tutorials on topics such as developing a search stratey, types of publication, search specifi...
LibGuides: Information Literacy Tutorials and Activities: Home
This is a very large information literacy site that covers multiple topics such as: evaluating information, peer review &...
How to Research | Pima Community College, Tucson, Arizona
There are 4 library tutorials on: Getting started with research, Information resources, Using the library catalog, using...
Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education
This Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education (Framework) grows out of a belief that information literacy...
La Referencia: Latin America's Open Science/Open Access Repositories Network
La Referencia is Latin America's inner-connected network of Open Access repositories, consisting of 100+ academic...
ACRL Instruction for Diverse Populations Committee > Library
This collection, collated in Zotero, includes articles and other resources to help academic librarians teach diverse...
Improve your research skills | University of Arizona Libraries
This set of tutorials from the University of Arizona LIbraries gives guidance on key concepts, using databaess, writing...
Dana TomlinState University of New York System - College at Old Westbury
Charissa JeffersonCalifornia State University, Northridge
Drew BagbyFront Range Community/Technical College
Janet SwatschenoUniversity of Illinois System - Urbana-Champaign
Christina WacPortage College
Jill Hallam-MillerBucknell University
Marian van HarmelenWageningen University & Research - Library
Gillian SochorMarshall University
Jenay SolomonUniversity of North Carolina System - Greensboro
Genevieve GoreMcGill University*
Cynthia AinsworthHartnell College
Rosanne HumesNassau Community/Technical College
Renee RuzickaMission College
Rachel MilaniHibbing Community College
John LiebhardtAmerican University of Sharjah
Gregg KiehlTompkins Cortland Community/Technical College
David AlvarezINACAP Universidad Tecnológica de Chile
Steven KishLawrence Technological University
Rachel MilesKansas State University
Debbie CarneyBucks County Community/Technical College
Tom SchmiedelWestern Connecticut State University
karen wheelerArkansas State University,Jonesboro
Materials by Discipline
- Archives and Special Collections (45)
- Cataloging and Classification (38)
- Citations and Style Guides (58)
- General (92)
- Information and Communication Technology Literacy (549)
- Information Retrieval (85)
- Information Technology (22)
- Intellectual Property and Plagiarism (76)
- Issues in Librarianship (48)
- Library Specialties (12)
- Professional Development (20)
- American Library Association
- Public Library Association
- Association of College and Research Libraries
- Special Libraries Association
- American Association of School Librarians
- Library and Information Technology Association
- American Association of Law Libraries
- Association for Library Collections & Technical Services
- Association for Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies
- Reference and User Services Association
- Young Adult Library Services Association
- Society of American Archivists
- Library Leadership and Management Association
- Medical Library Association
Journals & Publications
- Journal or Publication Title Journal URL College and Research Libraries
- Library and Information Science Research
- Journal of Academic Researcher
- College and Research Library News
- Cataloging and Classification Quarterly
- Reference Services Review
- Library Hi Tech
- Library Management
- Library Quarterly
- Archival Science Journal of the Medical Library Association
- Journal of Library Administration
- Journal of Information Science
- Annual Review of Information Science and Technology
- Journal of Information Technology
- Public Library Quarterly
- Public Libraries Magazine
- Library Journal
- American Libraries
Library & Information Services on the Web
Lib & Info on Twitter
- RT @jamesneal: Must read from Lisa Hinchliffe on determining value of a journal subscription and on expanding accessibility and use of open…35 minutes ago | ALALibrary
- #OCLCtraining Tip: Try the advanced search in WorldShare Record Manager when you’re getting too many results in bas… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…49 minutes ago | OCLC
- #TeamALA in Vermont today for #ALAAdvocacyBootcamp at Dynamic Landscapes 2018. #VTed #DL2018 twitter.com/dsmacdonald/st…1 hour ago | ALALibrary
- Latest Library Links: 2018 Ernest DiMattia Award bit.ly/2s4QDmB1 hour ago | amlibraries
- Did you attend #NLLD18? Just curious about the event? You can see the photos from Briefing Day, the reception, and… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…1 hour ago | ALALibrary
- Latest Library Links: Signed Truman memoir found in Waco High library bit.ly/2s3C6HT2 hours ago | amlibraries
- Monday, June 11, 1 p.m. ET, #ALLive FREE webinar: Librarians’ Insights on How to Integrate STEM and Coding into Mak… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…2 hours ago | amlibraries
- We like the sound of a cookbook club! Are you hosting one at your library? bookriot.com/2018/05/21/coo…2 hours ago | ALALibrary
- ICYMI - the fight for #NetNeutrality continues in the House! Call or email your Representatives today and ask for t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…3 hours ago | ALALibrary
- Well take live #OCLCdss questions here through Twitter.4 hours ago | OCLC