Library and Information Services Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the MERLOT Library and Information Services portal, an educational resource for information professionals.
Create a free account and begin using the learning materials, submitting your own materials for evaluation or those you find valuable on the web, and learning new ideas to help your teaching.
Research Roadmap is an interactive online tutorial for students wanting an introduction to research skills. The tutorial covers the basics, including how to select a topic and develop research questions, select, search for, find, and evaluate information sources. It also covers the ethics of information use, including copyright and fair use, how to avoid plagiarism, and how to cite sources correctly.
ACRL/EBSS Education Guides Repository
This Guide is a repository to a diverse sampling of Education Research Guides for librarians that have a liaison area in...
International Society for Knowledge Organization
This website of the International Society for Knowledge Organization includes their journal, efforts by different...
The Information Literacy User's Guide: An Open, Online Textbook
Good researchers have a host of tools at their disposal that make navigating today’s complex information ecosystem much...
LibGuides: ACRL Equity, Diversity and Inclusion: Home
Library online guide to information and resources on equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) for library services.
Guias Temáticos de Apoio: GUIA DA BIBLIOTECA PARA NOVOS ESTUDANTES: Início
Guias Temáticos de Apoio: GUIA DA BIBLIOTECA PARA NOVOS ESTUDANTES: Início
The Role of Librarians in Supporting ICT Literacy
Librarians in educational settings try to provide not only physical access but also intellectual access to recorded...
The ConnectedLib Toolkit was created to help librarians incorporate digital media into their work with youth to promote...
Do Academic Libraries Protect Privacy in the Digital Age?
The library profession has a long history of safeguarding user privacy, but how well do academic libraries protect...
Open Practices for PNW Librarians
On May 11, 2018, Open Oregon Educational Resources hosted a two-hour online program for Pacific Northwest librarians to...
Using Student Outcomes Data in OER Courses
As OER programs mature, we’re starting to get more data on student outcomes – and not all of the results are positive....
Writing Information Literacy Assessment Plans: A Guide to Best Practice
This paper explains how academic librarians add value to the teaching and learning missions of their institutions though...
Characteristics of Programs of Information Literacy that Illustrate Best Practices: A Guideline
The “Characteristics of Programs of Information Literacy that Illustrate Best Practices" guideline articulates elements...
Credo InfoLit Learning Community
Credo Reference has an InfoLit Learning Community that is free and open to anyone. It links to field-based resources on...
Expanding Perspectives in Your Search
This tutorial challenges researchers to actively seek sources that push outside of their initial perspective. With a more...
Research impact of a journal, an article, an author
This web-based guide will help researchers, authors, and students to track and measure the impact of research, whether...
Concept & Literature Mapping: a tutorial
The interactive tutorial that allows to search and organize the literature for analysis and synthesis of educational...
Introduction to International Copyright Law
This article addresses international copyright law, which is a mix of copyright treaties and domestic copyright laws, and...
Citizen Science: Innovation in Open Science, Society and Policy
Citizen Science: Open Science, Society, and Policy is an excellent review of Citizen Science that brings together some of...
OER: A Field Guide for Academic Librarians
We intend this book to act as a guide writ large for would-be champions of OER, that anyone—called to action by the...
Preservation 101 is a free online textbook that provides a basic introduction to the concepts and standards used to build...
Journal of Librarianship and Scholarly Communication
The Journal of Librarianship and Scholarly Communication seeks to share useful innovations, both in thought and in...
College & Research Libraries
College & Research Libraries (C&RL) is the official scholarly research journal of the Association of College & Research...
Making Institutional Repositories Work
Quickly following what many expected to be a wholesale revolution in library practices, institutional repositories...
Meaningful Metrics: A 21st-Century Librarian’s Guide to Bibliometrics, Altmetrics, and Research Impact
What does it mean to have meaningful metrics in today’s complex higher education landscape? With a foreword by Heather...
Sylvia MoesVrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Lisa BrunickAugustana University
Katie PierceTexas A and M University System - Tarleton State University
Carol HutteChaffey College
John MartinUniversity of North Texas
Shannon PohrteElgin Community/Technical College
Lori ReedPensacola Junior College
Tymmi WoodsArizona Community/Technical College Board - Arizona Western College
Jeph KoUniversity of South Australia
Wanda PerezFlorida Institute of Technology
quinto MartinSeton Hill College
elfi moralitasriwijaya university
Anita McRaryCatawba Valley Community/Technical College
Polly Boruff-JonesIndiana University System - Indiana University-Kokomo
Sarah McGillAultman College
Eduardo Cruz-PalaciosSpanish National Research Council
Amy SmithH. Councill Trenholm State Technical College
Melissa CrowUniversity of Southern California
Erica KnappNortheast Iowa Community/Technical College
whitney sproulSalt Lake City Community/Technical College
Jennifer FarquharSuffolk County Community/Technical College
Maureen AldenFort Lewis College
Thomas San FilippoWheaton College
Elizabeth CheneyCalifornia State University, Northridge
Materials by Discipline
- Archives and Special Collections (46)
- Cataloging and Classification (39)
- Citations and Style Guides (57)
- Information and Communication Technology Literacy (538)
- Information Retrieval (84)
- Information Technology (22)
- Intellectual Property and Plagiarism (69)
- Issues in Librarianship (50)
- Library Specialties (12)
- Professional Development (23)
- American Library Association
- Public Library Association
- Association of College and Research Libraries
- Special Libraries Association
- American Association of School Librarians
- Library and Information Technology Association
- American Association of Law Libraries
- Association for Library Collections & Technical Services
- Association for Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies
- Reference and User Services Association
- Young Adult Library Services Association
- Society of American Archivists
- Library Leadership and Management Association
- Medical Library Association
Journals & Publications
- Journal or Publication Title Journal URL College and Research Libraries
- Library and Information Science Research
- Journal of Academic Researcher
- College and Research Library News
- Cataloging and Classification Quarterly
- Reference Services Review
- Library Hi Tech
- Library Management
- Library Quarterly
- Archival Science Journal of the Medical Library Association
- Journal of Library Administration
- Journal of Information Science
- Annual Review of Information Science and Technology
- Journal of Information Technology
- Public Library Quarterly
- Public Libraries Magazine
- Library Journal
- American Libraries
Library & Information Services on the Web
Alzheimer's Education Program at the Jasper Public Library
Sep 23, 2019 09:41 AM PDT
Powys council selling library and toilets in £900000 auction plan
Sep 23, 2019 09:30 AM PDT
TIKA sets up children's library in Karachi
Sep 23, 2019 09:07 AM PDT
Merrimack Valley region town crier for Sept. 22, 2019
Sep 23, 2019 08:56 AM PDT
University of Chicago helps elementary students build home libraries
Sep 23, 2019 07:48 AM PDT
Global Library furniture in Education Market Explored In Latest Research | Key Players: Steelcase ...
Sep 23, 2019 07:24 AM PDT
Library Automation Services And System Market Overview, Scope and Technology Advancement ...
Sep 23, 2019 06:04 AM PDT
Influence of Technology on Education Market | Highlights from Technavio's Newest Report Catalog
Sep 23, 2019 03:18 AM PDT
Pay a visit to your local library
Sep 23, 2019 03:06 AM PDT
Come celebrate library renovations
Sep 23, 2019 02:00 AM PDT
Wood-Ridge's Little Free Library is Vandalized
Sep 22, 2019 11:45 PM PDT
T-SPL to promote mental health awareness and local resources
Sep 22, 2019 09:18 PM PDT
Mid-Hudson Calendar of Events: Sept. 23 and 24, 2019
Sep 22, 2019 09:07 PM PDT
Bilingual Storytime Set For Yankton Library Tonight
Sep 22, 2019 08:45 PM PDT
Alumni, Industry Leaders to Return to Ithaca to Celebrate 20th Anniversary of Computing and ...
Sep 22, 2019 07:26 PM PDT
Sep 22, 2019 04:48 PM PDT
Pocono Parenting Calendar, Monday, Sept. 23, 2019
Sep 22, 2019 03:41 PM PDT
Lib & Info on Twitter
- Mistakes are embarrassing the publishing industry: Latest Library Links bit.ly/2l3MNe956 minutes ago | amlibraries
- California community colleges implement zero-textbook-cost degree pathways #OER @insidehighered @CalCommColleges… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 hour ago | MERLOTorg
- The Irish Times view on the Museum of Literature Ireland: a well-merited honour irishtimes.com/opinion/editor… via @IrishTimesOpEd1 hour ago | OCLC
- Jane Austen’s family in Ireland: how they shaped politics and society in the North irishtimes.com/culture/books/… via @IrishTimesBooks1 hour ago | OCLC
- RT @PENamerica: As part of #BannedBooksWeek (Sept. 22 – 28), PEN America is launching a weeklong initiative to shed light on the practice o…
- "Hopi Public Library is a bookmobile + 🖥️lab funded by @US_IMLS. It meets ppl where they are w/tech resources & int… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @AnnT: "Libraries provide access to wifi, devices and digital inclusion. The technical skills are as essential as the infrastructure." #…
- RT @HarrisonMantas: .@nicole_umayam speaking as part of a panel at the #TribalBroadbandSummit talking about the role libraries play in conn…
- RT @9cweiss: #TribalBroadbandSummit. “If you are trying to make a resume on a phone, you are at a significant disadvantage,” Nicole Umayam,…
- ”Continuing to carry out these roles in the 21st century—gathering, sharing, and transmitting—requires the connecti… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…