Understanding Nonpunitive Reporting
- Define the terms cuulture of safety and culture of blame.
- Explain what is meant by nonpunitive reporting of erros in health care.
- Summarize why nonpunitive reporting is important and who is responsible for it.
- Suggest ways to make nonpunitive reporting effective in your organization.
- Describe an example of a nonpunitive reporting policy.
The learning resource includes a printable handout with references. The content author was Patricia Ebright, faculty at Indiana University School of Nursing. The project is a component of NEAT (Nursing Education and Technology).