SCC MKT 314 - Mom
This course examines advertising as a marketing communications tool. Emphasis is placed on consumer behavior, creative methods, media selection, measurements of effectiveness, and coordination with other aspects of the marketing program.
Course can be taught 100% online. Classroom is collaborative activity based.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- examine the major social and economic impacts of advertising in the United States.
- describe how the advertising industry operates and produces advertising through the work of advertisers, agencies, media, and suppliers.
- evaluate the various advertising media, including television, radio, magazines, newspapers, outdoor, internet, social media, direct mail, and other media.
- create and produce advertising examples for magazine ads, television and radio commercials, social media, and billboards.
- work together in groups to create and present media advertising for an advertising campaign.
Activities, homework assignments, and exams
Advertising Principles.com (Reference Material)
Advertising Literacy (Presentation)
Campaigns That Have Made a Difference (Reference Material)
Advertising: It's Everywhere (Drill and Practice)
Lecture Slides for Persuasive Advertising (Reference Material)
The Gender Ads Project (Collection)
eMarketing: The Essential Guide to Online Marketing (Open (Access) Textbook)