Health Sciences Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the MERLOT Health Sciences Portal, an educational resource for health professionals. You are invited to join MERLOT―it's free―and contribute to this growing community of health professionals, health professional educators, and students by using the learning materials, submitting your own modules and assignments for evaluation, and learning ideas to help you learn as well as teach in a variety of settings.
If you have any questions, contact the Editor of the Health Sciences Editorial Board,
Liza Mayeux at email@example.com.
This overview and information is for health care professionals and students to understand and value the upcoming technology and medical advances related to genomics. It can be used in the classroom as a Powerpoint Presentation or assigned to students or health care staff for self-study.
Fatty Liver Remedy: Layla Jeffrey
Layla Jeffrey’s Fatty Liver Remedy is an natural online system that designed for cleanse your liver from harmful toxins...
🥇 Mejores Humidificadores baratos【2020】: Bebés, ultrasónicos, aromas🥇
Somos humidificadores-info.com, un ecommerce en el que ofrecemos todo tipo de productos destinados a mejorar, algo tan...
Safer Healthcare | SpringerLink
The Health Foundation is remarkable in encouraging the development of new ideas and giving people the freedom and time to...
Heath, Safety, & Nutrition - CHLD 205
Heath, Safety, & Nutrition Canvas Course - Developed by MiraCosta College as part of a CCC grant.
Human Heredity BI 441-541 Spring 2020
This course outlines a focus on genetics related to human inheritance, disease, and medicine. This includes cell...
Infatuation Scripts: Make Him Sure
Clayton Max’s Infatuation Scripts (Make Him Sure) is an online program designed for women that is rejected by men. This...
ECG Basics • LITFL Medical Blog • LITFL ECG Library
ECG Basics including Rate, Rhythm, Axis calculations and interpretation of P, Q, R, S, T U waves, segments and basic ECG...
Miracle Mix Remedy - Boost You Immune System
Daniel’s Miracle Mix Remedy is an online program that will help you lose 37 lbs of unwanted fat naturally in just 40 days...
Courses | OpenWHO
OpenWHO is World Health Organization's new, interactive, web-based platform that offers free, self-paced Massive Open...
The Devotion System by Amy North
Amy North’s The Devotion System is an online relationship program for women that will help you find real love with the...
Meta | Expand Your Research
Meta is a free discovery tool that uses machine learning to map biomedical science as it happens—so researchers can...
Aerosol Filtration Efficiency of Common Fabrics Used in Respiratory Cloth Masks
The emergence of a pandemic affecting the respiratory system can result in a significant demand for face masks. This...
Coronavirus Disease Research Community - COVID-19 | Zenodo
Zenodo's Coronavirus Disease Research Community COVID-19 collects research inputs that may be relevant to the Coronavirus...
Language of Desire
Felicity Keith’s Language of Desire is an 10-module relationship program for women that have 33 techniques which are help...
Individual and state precautions against COVID-19
In the final lesson, we will review what hygiene precautions need to be taken to prevent infection and explain how to use...
The difference between COVID-19 and influenza
In this lesson, we will focus on comparing the COVID-19 pandemic with common influenza, which is similar but has more...
What is SARS-CoV-2
In this lesson, we will explain what a virus is, what it consists of, and how the new coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 looks like....
Alive After the Fall
Alexander Cain’s Alive After The Fall is a step by step plan to prepare for EMP strikes. Alive After The Fall is an...
The Lost Ways Book
The Lost Ways I The Lost Ways II Claude Davis’s The Lost Ways is an online program that will help you improve survival...
Water Freedom System - Surviving a Water Crisis
Chris Burns’s Water Freedom System is an online program that will help you change highly toxic and dirty water into pure,...
OSF: Coronavirus Outbreak Research Collection
The Center for Open Science (COS) has launched April 23, 2020 in response to the urgent and ongoing need for aggregated...
COVID-19 Data Portal
The aim of the COVID-19 Data Portal is to facillitate data sharing and analysis, and to accelerate coronavirus research....
Margery Spring Rice: Pioneer of Women’s Health in the Early Twentieth Century
This book vividly presents the story of Margery Spring Rice, an instrumental figure in the movements of women’s health...
Protective Health Face Masks
Protective Health Masks is specifically designed for Americans to help breathe clean air without catching a virus and...
Maria Regina FerreiraINSTITUTO POLITÉCNICO DE SANTARÉM
Elaine KafleEvergreen Valley College
Jennifer WalkerDurham College of Applied Arts and Technology
Beth Anne HawkeyLaramie County Community/Technical College
Jennifer McCordUniversity of Alaska
Diana CasianosFelician College
enrique martin alvaenriquem
Sonia carterUrban College of Boston
Maria RivasWest Georgia Technical College
Kaitlyn LyonEast Carolina University
Gretchen BieberAmerican College of Healthcare Sciences (ACHS)
Aslam KhanKing Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences
Wanda ReisingerAnderson College
Jen WomeldorfGrand Canyon University
Marilyn FlaiechmanGenesee Community/Technical College
Monica RossCollege of Saint Mary
Kathleen KevanyDalhousie University
Laura ShackelfordUniversity of Illinois System - Urbana-Champaign
Dee ArmondHinds Community/Technical College
Annette BakerLanier Technical Institute
Adelita CantuUniversity of Texas System - Health Science Center-San Antonio
Zachary TaylorEast Carolina University
Materials by Discipline
- Audiology (4)
- Cancer (468)
- Cardiology (202)
- Dentistry (57)
- Dermatology (37)
- Ear, Nose, and Throat (69)
- Endocrinology (97)
- Epidemiology (88)
- Exercise Science (40)
- Gastroenterology (125)
- Genetics and Infectious Disease (246)
- Geriatrics (61)
- Healthcare Administration (49)
- Hematology (91)
- Internal Medicine (71)
- Medical Laboratory Technology (48)
- Mental Health (543)
- Nephrology (101)
- Neurology (327)
- Nursing Education (171)
- Nursing (928)
- Nutrition (176)
- OB and Gyn (244)
- Ophthalmology (41)
- Orthopedics (131)
- Other (268)
- Pathology (37)
- Pediatrics (153)
- Pharmacy (131)
- Preventive Medicine (27)
- Public Health (487)
- Pulmonary Medicine (51)
- Radiology (73)
- Rheumatology (7)
- Sports Medicine (26)
- Surgery (220)
- Therapeutics (34)
- Toxicology (19)
- Veterinary Medicine (34)
Journals & Publications
- The American Nurse
- Nursing Management
- The Nurse Practitioner
- JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association
- Journal of Dental Hygiene
- Journal of the American Dental Association
- Online Journal of Nursing Informatics
- Online Journal of Issues in Nursing
- American Society of Health SystemsPharmacist (ASHP)
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy(ACCP)
- American Society of ConsultantPharmacists (ASCP)
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM)
- PLOS (Public Library of Science)
- Applied Physiology Nutrition and Metabolism
- Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine
- European Journal of Sport Science
- International Journal of Epidemiology
- International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport
- International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism
- International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance
- Journal of Applied Psychology
- Journal of Athletic Training
- Journal of Biomechanics
- Journal of International Society of Sports Nutrition
- Journal of Physiology
- Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Journal of Sport Management
- Journal of Sport Rehabilitation
- Journal of Sports Sciences
- Journal of Applied Physiology
Health Sciences on the Web
LA County Public Health announces 2112 new cases of COVID-19
May 30, 2020 02:22 PM PDT
4 new cases of COVID-19; community testing event in Albion will help inform public health decisions
May 30, 2020 01:15 PM PDT
Kern Public Health: 1 new death, 69 new COVID-19 cases, totaling 2155
May 30, 2020 10:26 AM PDT
'Policing and Racism Are Public Health Problems.' How Minneapolis Protesters Contend With ...
May 30, 2020 09:18 AM PDT
Adjuvant Osimertinib Therapy Delays Disease Recurrence in Localized NSCLC
May 30, 2020 09:07 AM PDT
Public Health Confirms Two Long-Term Care Facility COVID-19 Outbreaks
May 30, 2020 08:11 AM PDT
The Bumble Of Therapy? Frame Matching Launches To Find Your Perfect Therapist
May 30, 2020 08:00 AM PDT
Asymptomatic patients pose challenge at clinical trial of plasma therapy at PGI
May 30, 2020 07:37 AM PDT
Despite Northam's public health credentials, some Virginians question his leadership during ...
May 30, 2020 07:00 AM PDT
Master of Science in Nursing
May 30, 2020 06:47 AM PDT
HER2-targeted therapy shows antitumor activity in metastatic colorectal cancer
May 30, 2020 05:22 AM PDT
CAR T-cell therapy could 'revolutionize' treatment of advanced multiple myeloma
May 30, 2020 04:26 AM PDT
Local public health order to go in effect Monday
May 29, 2020 11:11 PM PDT
New tune: Eventide Jamestown begins music therapy program
May 29, 2020 10:03 PM PDT
Local Public Health Officials See COVID-19 as Learning Experience
May 29, 2020 09:18 PM PDT
Metro Public Health Department cancels cloth mask giveaways Saturday
May 29, 2020 09:18 PM PDT
Watertown Audiology and Fyzical Therapy opens Evans Mills location
May 29, 2020 08:56 PM PDT
Health Sciences on Twitter
- As #COVID19 challenges communities to work together to #flattenthecurve of the #pandemic, @JournalofEthics provides… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…30 minutes ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- American Indian/Alaskan tribal nations are hit uniquely hard by the #COVID19 #pandemic and have not received promis… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 hour ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- IMGs: We've gathered a panel of experts to discuss mitigating #COVID19, starting #residency, #visas and more. Watch… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 hours ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- “The American Psychological Association urges the administration to reconsider plans to withdraw from the World Hea… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 hours ago | APA
- In a time when #physicaldistancing and isolation are necessary responses to #COVID19, health care clinicians are co… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 hours ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- Washington became an early hot spot for #COVID19. As guidelines for reopening start to be put into place,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…3 hours ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- #NurseInnovation is a shining light in the COVID-19 pandemic. Redesigning spaces, increasing efficiencies, creating… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4 hours ago | ANANursingWorld
- .@JournalofEthics offers a video discussion about how yellow fever epidemics during the antebellum South provide a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4 hours ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- #COVID19 uniquely affects those transitioning from #medschool to #residency. Here are some overlooked challenges th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…5 hours ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- So grateful to guests @phatho_z @andy_peterson_ & Jim Miller for their contributions to our most recent #podcast… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…5 hours ago | CJSMonline