Health Sciences Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the MERLOT Health Sciences Portal, an educational resource for health professionals. You are invited to join MERLOT―it's free―and contribute to this growing community of health professionals, health professional educators, and students by using the learning materials, submitting your own modules and assignments for evaluation, and learning ideas to help you learn as well as teach in a variety of settings.
If you have any questions, contact the Editor of the Health Sciences Editorial Board,
Kelly P. Massey at email@example.com.
This overview and information is for health care professionals and students to understand and value the upcoming technology and medical advances related to genomics. It can be used in the classroom as a Powerpoint Presentation or assigned to students or health care staff for self-study.
In the Oxford English Dictionary health is defined as: ‘the state of being free from sickness, injury, disease, bodily...
Complementary and Alternative Medicine in the United States
This report was commissioned in September 2002, when 16 NIH institutes, centers, and offices plus the Agency for...
De Gruyter: Open Access Journals
De Gruyter publishes fully open access journals across Science, Technology, Mathematics (STM) and Humanities, Social...
IEEE Access: The Multidisciplinary Open Access Journal
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Access is an award-winning multidisciplinary, all electronic...
African Journals Online (AJOL)
African Journals Online (AJOL) is the world's largest library of peer-reviewed, African-published scholarly journals,...
U.S. Air Force-Flight Nurse
This site provides a brief overview of the requirements to become a flight nurse in the U.S. Air Force.
Degree and Certificate Programs - Frederick Community College
Practice dosage exam for nursing students.
This organization provides grants, publications, and more to promote African American nurses.
NURSE as Educator Created in KnovioWeb from KnowledgeVision. View original:...
The St. Jude Cloud
St. Jude Cloud is a genome data resource for pediatric cancer and other life-threatening diseases. Access sequencing...
Nursing Time Management Tips
Every day is different as a nurse, and so planning a schedule in advance may be easier said than done, so here are my...
Rising to the Challenge of Rural Nursing
The article outlines the challenges of rural nursing. Nurses who work in rural areas are paid less, have different...
Caring for patients in alcohol withdrawal - American Nurse Today
Be sure you’re prepared to care for patients going through Alcohol withdraw
Osmosis.org is a leading medical & health education platform with an audience of over 700,000 current & future clinicians...
8 Rights of Medication Administration
Chances are that some of you may not have known that in addition to the well-known 5 right of medication administration,...
American Journal of nursing Podcast
Evidence-Based Practice: Step by Step: Igniting a Spirit of Inquiry Podcast of Maureen “Shawn” Kennedy, MA, RN,...
How to Don PPE
Instructions on the correct way to place PPE
American Associated of Critical Care Nurses
AACN, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit association, is more than the world’s largest specialty nursing organization – we are an...
ANA Enterprise teaching resources
Our resource materials have been designed to help nurse educators inspire the next generation of health care...
College Drinking: Prevention Perspectives – Lessons Learned at Frostburg State University
Watch Episode 1 of SAMHSA’s latest resource and learn about the actions taken by Frostburg State University to reduce...
Culturally Competent Nursing Care
Being culturally competent while providing nursing care is imperative to caring for patients holistically. This article...
An e-learning course suggested by the Learning Nurse Resources Network about the basics of documentation and medical...
This ECG simulator contains different levels to help nurses learn heart rythmns and gives examples of cases in which a...
Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us | Coursera
Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us from University of Pennsylvania. The vital signs: heart rate,...
Paige JonesUniversity of Southern Indiana
Kayte-Lynn KowalQueen`s University
SABRINA MADDENSamaritan Medical Center
Jacqueline GodinezUniversity of Southern Indiana
Jose QuintanaUniversity of Alabama - Birmingham
Mary OsuhUniversity of Ibadan and University College Hospital
Ashley BarloweValencia Community/Technical College
Mikala GogelUniversity of Southern Indiana
Kaylee RideoutUniversity of Southern Indiana
Latricia GreggsSouthern University System - Baton Rouge
Abi MillwoodUniversity System of Georgia - Georgia College & State University
Christina ParkeConestoga College of Applied Arts and Technology
Sharon PhelpsChamberlain University
Casey HandUniversity of Southern Indiana
Bonita WertsVeteran Health Administration
Kimberly JonesGeorgia College & State University
CELIA BRIDGEFORTHSouthern University System - Baton Rouge
Gina HolmanHawkeye Community/Technical College
Kathy MarianiUniversity of Vermont
Krisna TondróINACAP Universidad Tecnológica de Chile
Materials by Discipline
- Audiology (4)
- Cancer (461)
- Cardiology (197)
- Dentistry (56)
- Dermatology (36)
- Ear, Nose, and Throat (67)
- Endocrinology (93)
- Epidemiology (88)
- Exercise Science (37)
- Gastroenterology (124)
- General (473)
- Genetics and Infectious Disease (135)
- Geriatrics (56)
- Healthcare Administration (40)
- Hematology (92)
- Internal Medicine (66)
- Medical Laboratory Technology (45)
- Mental Health (126)
- Nephrology (104)
- Neurology (323)
- Nursing Education (135)
- Nursing (764)
- Nutrition (163)
- OB and Gyn (159)
- Ophthalmology (42)
- Orthopedics (132)
- Other (272)
- Pathology (36)
- Pediatrics (142)
- Pharmacy (130)
- Preventive Medicine (25)
- Public Health (484)
- Pulmonary Medicine (49)
- Radiology (72)
- Rheumatology (6)
- Sports Medicine (26)
- Surgery (220)
- Therapeutics (32)
- Toxicology (17)
- Veterinary Medicine (31)
Journals & Publications
- The American Nurse
- Nursing Management
- The Nurse Practitioner
- JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association
- Journal of Dental Hygiene
- Journal of the American Dental Association
- Online Journal of Nursing Informatics
- Online Journal of Issues in Nursing
- American Society of Health SystemsPharmacist (ASHP)
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy(ACCP)
- American Society of ConsultantPharmacists (ASCP)
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM)
- PLOS (Public Library of Science)
- Applied Physiology Nutrition and Metabolism
- Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine
- European Journal of Sport Science
- International Journal of Epidemiology
- International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport
- International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism
- International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance
- Journal of Applied Psychology
- Journal of Athletic Training
- Journal of Biomechanics
- Journal of International Society of Sports Nutrition
- Journal of Physiology
- Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Journal of Sport Management
- Journal of Sport Rehabilitation
- Journal of Sports Sciences
- Journal of Applied Physiology
Health Sciences on the Web
Health Sciences on Twitter
- RT @JAMANetworkOpen: Epinephrine autoinjectors should not be >$25 if they reduce food allergy fatality risk by 10-fold. Price >$264 only ju…4 hours ago | JAMAInternalMed
- Twice a week, NYU Dentistry students perform full dental exams and provide fluoride treatment.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4 hours ago | DentistryToday
- RT @DrNickStine: “The first step is not a call for more trials but a retreat from an unbridled and potentially harmful insistence on rigoro…6 hours ago | JAMAInternalMed
- Social media can often serve as a hotbed of health misinformation. Learn strategies on how to effectively bust myth… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…7 hours ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- RT @NephJC: The paper in question is the ‘Association of Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitor or Angiotensin Receptor Blocker Use With O…7 hours ago | JAMAInternalMed
- The I-Max 3D weighs 145 pounds and is shipped fully assembled in a single box.
dentistrytoday.com/products/produ…" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">dentistrytoday.com/products/produ… dentistrytoday.com/products/produ…" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">dentistrytoday.com/products/produ…7 hours ago | DentistryToday
- Sending strength to the nurses, doctors, medical staff and families at Mercy Hospital and Medical Center in Chicago… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…8 hours ago | ANANursingWorld
- We must come together to bring an end to these unspeakable acts. #EndGunViolence twitter.com/eugenegu/statu…8 hours ago | ANANursingWorld
- RT @DrDavidKatz: Effect of Exercise Intervention on Functional Decline in Very Elderly Patients buff.ly/2RRhTR4 via @JAMAInternalMe…8 hours ago | JAMAInternalMed
- A #behindthescenes look at a holiday giveaway we are running starting next week. Stay tuned for more details on how… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…9 hours ago | Human_Kinetics