Health Sciences Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the MERLOT Health Sciences Portal, an educational resource for health professionals. You are invited to join MERLOT―it's free―and contribute to this growing community of health professionals, health professional educators, and students by using the learning materials, submitting your own modules and assignments for evaluation, and learning ideas to help you learn as well as teach in a variety of settings.
If you have any questions, contact the Editor of the Health Sciences Editorial Board,
Kelly P. Massey at email@example.com.
This overview and information is for health care professionals and students to understand and value the upcoming technology and medical advances related to genomics. It can be used in the classroom as a Powerpoint Presentation or assigned to students or health care staff for self-study.
Cognitive Neuroscience of Mindfulness Meditation
Mindfulness meditation, one type of meditation technique, has been shown to enhance emotional awareness and psychological...
Behavioral Neuroscience Lab: Psychology 116, UCLA
Psychology 116, Neuroscience Lab, is a laboratory experience exploring various topics in behavioral neuroscience. This is...
What hallucination reveals about our minds
Neurologist and author Oliver Sacks brings our attention to Charles Bonnett syndrome -- when visually impaired people...
Brain Basics provides information on how the brain works, how mental illnesses are disorders of the brain, and ongoing...
Neuroscience - Psychology Today
The complicated, multidisciplinary, and quickly developing field of neuroscience looks at the structure and function of...
Neuroscience (or neurobiology) is the scientific study of the nervous system. It is a multidisciplinary branch...
Experts in Emotion 17.2a
In this episode, Dr. June Gruber will speak about Depression and Emotion in Adults with Dr. Jutta Joormann from...
LIBERATING THE MIND FROM UNHAPPINESS PART II
Wisdom is described as the antidote to mental suffering. Loving, kindness and compassion as guarantors of an effective...
LIBERATING THE MIND FROM UNHAPPINESS PART I
"I am the source of my own suffering, because of the habits of my mind." This seminar will teach participants to identify...
We Need to Talk about Depression
Darryl Neher is an award-winning Senior Lecturer of Business Communication at the Indiana University Kelley School of...
Mike Wallace on Depression
This is a 27-minute presentation in the Healthy Minds Series.
Listening to shame
Shame is an unspoken epidemic, the secret behind many forms of broken behavior. Brené Brown, whose earlier talk on...
Depression (major depressive disorder)
Depression is a mood disorder that causes a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest. Also called major...
Bipolar disorder - Symptoms and causes
Bipolar disorder, formerly called manic depression, is a mental health condition that causes extreme mood swings that...
Emotional Disorders II (Depression and Mania)
This is a presentation from a course on Human Emotion. This is a 25-minute video. This course is part of a broader...
5 Types of Bipolar Disorder
Bipolar Disorder is a complex mood illness comprising several diverse types. Learn what makes each unique. This is a...
The Other Side of Me - inside my bipolar mind
I could have easily kept my reality under wraps, hidden behind an airbrushed smile, but that would have only perpetuated...
How to manage bipolar disorder - 6 Strategies
Even though medication is the mainstay of managing bipolar disorder, there are ways you can manage bipolar disorder...
MDPI Books: Open Access Books & Series Library
MDPI Books Library contains 600+ Open Access Books & Series/Open Access Monographs covering subjects in: Bioengineering,...
Bipolar vs Borderline Personality Disorder – How to tell the difference
Bipolar disorder vs borderline personality disorder. They are very similar but very different. This video is based on a...
Up/Down: Bipolar Disorder Documentary
There are approximately 5.7 million people in the United States with bipolar disorder. In an attempt to eliminate the...
Psychiatry - M2
This course introduces students to clinical psychiatry. The sequence focuses on the clinical diagnosis and treatment of...
On being just crazy enough
Comedian Joshua Walters, who's bipolar, walks the line between mental illness and mental "skillness." In this funny,...
Open Science by Design: Realizing a Vision for 21st Century Research
The 2019 National Academies report "Open Science by Design: Realizing a Vision for 21st Century Research" discusses the...
Donna DiPaoloUniversity of California System
Ellen GarrettSAU Tech Community College
Kay-Trenia Davis-PorterLiberty University
Jessica WalterSalisbury University
Stephanie PetroskyNova Southeastern University
Kelly FalconePalomar College
Adrienne MauriCedar Crest College
Marcia StraughnAbilene Christian University
Cathy SimpsonCalhoun Community/Technical College
Richard KynionTripler AMC
Dene BarbondyVancouver Community/Technical College
Maria del Pilar Rodriguez AlfaroEl blog de tu bebe
Melissa WilsonPensacola Junior College
Andrea JonesUniversity of Ulster
Mehjabin HAQUEJiangxi university of traditional Chinese medicine
Kelly GallagherLinden High school
Julie LambelDelta College
orrette bakerExcelsior College
jose antonio cieza ruizHOSPITAL NACIONAL EDGARDO REBAGLIATI MARTINS - ESSALUD
Donna TaylorThomas Nelson Community/Technical College
Patrick GrusenmeyerUniversity of Alabama - Birmingham
Trapianto capelliTrapianto di capelli
Materials by Discipline
- Audiology (4)
- Cancer (461)
- Cardiology (197)
- Dentistry (56)
- Dermatology (36)
- Ear, Nose, and Throat (67)
- Endocrinology (93)
- Epidemiology (88)
- Exercise Science (37)
- Gastroenterology (124)
- General (474)
- Genetics and Infectious Disease (135)
- Geriatrics (56)
- Healthcare Administration (41)
- Hematology (91)
- Internal Medicine (66)
- Medical Laboratory Technology (44)
- Mental Health (310)
- Nephrology (103)
- Neurology (322)
- Nursing Education (137)
- Nursing (763)
- Nutrition (164)
- OB and Gyn (159)
- Ophthalmology (42)
- Orthopedics (132)
- Other (271)
- Pathology (36)
- Pediatrics (142)
- Pharmacy (131)
- Preventive Medicine (24)
- Public Health (486)
- Pulmonary Medicine (49)
- Radiology (72)
- Rheumatology (6)
- Sports Medicine (26)
- Surgery (220)
- Therapeutics (32)
- Toxicology (17)
- Veterinary Medicine (30)
Journals & Publications
- The American Nurse
- Nursing Management
- The Nurse Practitioner
- JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association
- Journal of Dental Hygiene
- Journal of the American Dental Association
- Online Journal of Nursing Informatics
- Online Journal of Issues in Nursing
- American Society of Health SystemsPharmacist (ASHP)
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy(ACCP)
- American Society of ConsultantPharmacists (ASCP)
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM)
- PLOS (Public Library of Science)
- Applied Physiology Nutrition and Metabolism
- Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine
- European Journal of Sport Science
- International Journal of Epidemiology
- International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport
- International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism
- International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance
- Journal of Applied Psychology
- Journal of Athletic Training
- Journal of Biomechanics
- Journal of International Society of Sports Nutrition
- Journal of Physiology
- Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Journal of Sport Management
- Journal of Sport Rehabilitation
- Journal of Sports Sciences
- Journal of Applied Physiology
Health Sciences on the Web
Health Sciences on Twitter
- In the #news: “Participation in shared decision-making visits before low-dose CT screening for lung cancer was “rem… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…9 minutes ago | JAMAInternalMed
- Prescription #opioids increase risk of #pneumonia in people with and without #HIV, and higher doses and immunosuppr… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…46 minutes ago | JAMAInternalMed
- RT @sportingjim: Dr Doug Casa #PRiSM2019 keynote speaker talks about the 4 H’s of sudden death in HS college football : head heat heart he…2 hours ago | CJSMonline
- This agreement will give ADA members access to preferred rates on practice financing regardless of where their prac… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 hours ago | DentistryToday
- RT @JAMA_current: Patients with #IBD have been shown to have alterations in #gutmicrobiota, but whether these alterations are a cause or co…3 hours ago | JAMAInternalMed
- RT @sgorio: MET CAERDYDD YN ENNILL #CwpanNathanielMG 2018/19!!! 🏆👏
ST: @CardiffMetFC 2-0 Cambrian a Clydach https://t.co/VKFFUr5pab, photo: pic.twitter.com/VKFFUr5pab
- RT @CardiffMetFC: WE'VE DONE IT. A huge congratulations to everyone involved with Cardiff Met, showed so many of the qualities that make us…
- RT @CMetSPA: .@CardiffMetFC
- RT @WelshUniSport: Huge congratulations to @CardiffMetFC on winning the #NathanielMGCup this evening #WelshUnis #HEsport @FAWales ⚽️
- RT @CardiffMetFC: Take me home... 🏹🏹 https://t.co/tGpJs1PhTV, photo: pic.twitter.com/tGpJs1PhTV