Health Sciences Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the MERLOT Health Sciences Portal, an educational resource for health professionals. You are invited to join MERLOT―it's free―and contribute to this growing community of health professionals, health professional educators, and students by using the learning materials, submitting your own modules and assignments for evaluation, and learning ideas to help you learn as well as teach in a variety of settings.
If you have any questions, contact the Editor of the Health Sciences Editorial Board,
Kelly P. Massey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This overview and information is for health care professionals and students to understand and value the upcoming technology and medical advances related to genomics. It can be used in the classroom as a Powerpoint Presentation or assigned to students or health care staff for self-study.
A Prospective Study on Bone Health: Effect of Biofield Energy Treated Vitamin D3 Using MG-63 Cell Line
The aim of the present study was to evaluate the significant role of Consciousness Energy Healing based vitamin D3 and...
Improved Structure and Development of Bone using Biofield Energy Enriched Vitamin D3 in Human Bone Osteosarcoma Cells (MG-63)
The present study aimed to investigate the effect of Consciousness Energy Healing based vitamin D3 and DMEM medium on...
The Bone Regenerative Effects of the Biofield Energy Treated Vitamin D3 in Human Bone Osteosarcoma Cells (MG-63)
The current research work was presented to evaluate impact of Biofield Energy Treated vitamin D3 and DMEM on bone health...
A Comparative Analysis of Vitamin D3 and Biofield Energy Treated Vitamin D3 in Bone Health Using MG-63 Cell Line
Poor bone health is related with various bone disease that predisposes to fractures, while sufficient supplementation...
Effect of Biofield Energy Treated Vitamin D3 on the Proliferation of Osteoblast-Like MG-63 Human Osteo-sarcoma Cells in vitro
The study objective was to evaluate the effect of Biofield Treated vitamin D3 and DMEM on bone health. The Test Items...
Titanic VR: Virtual Reality Exploration
Witness the sinking of RMS Titanic. Explore the shipwreck. Titanic VR @ titanicvr.io is an immersive educational...
An Alternative Therapeutic Approach on Bone Cells Differentiation after Administration of Biofield Energy Treated Vitamin D3 in MG-63 Cell line
The objective of the current experiment was to evaluate the potential of Consciousness Energy Healing-based test items...
Improved Overall Bone Health Activity in MG-63 Cell Line after Biofield Energy Healing Treatment on Vitamin D3.
The aim of the study is to evaluate the role of The Trivedi Effect®-Consciousness Energy Healing based vitamin D3 and...
Biofield Energy Healing Based Vitamin D3: An Improved Overall Bone Health Activity in MG-63 Cell Line
The potential of The Trivedi Effect®-Consciousness Energy Healing vitamin D3 and DMEM medium was investigated in human...
The Value of Mentorship
Transition to practice presents many challenges for new nurses. Mentorship and mentorship programs have been shown to be...
Allen Brain Atlas
The Allen Brain Atlas is the most comprehensive and detailed map of the human brain to date, combining neuroimaging and...
Bio-protocol - Life Science Research Journal for Protocols
Created in 2011 by a group of Stanford scientists, Bio-protocol is an international protocol platform journal for...
An Introduction to Nutrition -
Welcome to Essentials of Nutrition: A Functional Approach! This book is written for students who are not majoring in...
PaperHive.org : coworking hub for researchers
PaperHive introduces seamless discussion of research papers in the browser, embedded in the regular workflow. This allows...
TIP 41: Substance Abuse Treatment: Group Therapy
This guide helps counselors improve their skills in leading group therapy sessions for substance use treatment. The guide...
TIP 35: Enhancing Motivation for Change in Substance Abuse Treatment|SAMHSA
This guide helps clinicians influence the change process in their clients by incorporating motivational interventions...
The Poetics and Politics of Alzheimer’s Disease Life-Writing | SpringerLink
This is the first book-length exploration of the thoughts and experiences expressed by dementia patients in published...
Cloud-Based Benchmarking of Medical Image Analysis | SpringerLink
This book presents the VISCERAL project benchmarks for analysis and retrieval of 3D medical images (CT and MRI) on a...
Das Blaue Buch | SpringerLink
Dieses Buch ist eine Open-Access-Publikation unter einer CC BY-NC 2.5 Lizenz.Einfach handhabbare und praxisorientierte...
Nutrition can be defined as the science of food, beverages, and their components in biological systems. A nutrient is a...
Kansas State University Human Nutrition Flexbook
Designed primarily to be read online, Lindshield’s flexbook includes plenty of visuals, with links to videos, animations,...
The Handbook of Salutogenesis | SpringerLink
This in-depth survey of salutogenesis shows the breadth and strengths of this innovative perspective on health promotion,...
Kansas State University Human Nutrition (FNDH 400) Flexbook
The CK-12 foundation defines a flexbook as a “free and open source textbook platform where one can build and edit...
Introduction to Vital Signs Examination and Evaluation Study Guide
This module will walk the student or clinician through the fundamentals of assessing vital signs. This module is broken...
Kendall YoungmanArkansas State University,Jonesboro
patricia RyderPensacola Junior College
Denise LipscombSaginaw Valley State University
April PageGulf Coast Community/Technical College
Denise Di LellaFraser Health Authority
Hillary WeismillerEast Carolina University
Tamilselvam GunasekaranMichigan State University
Tammy MarshallRappahannock Community/Technical College
Sarah DesjarlaisMinnesota State Community and Technical Colleges
Gonna LearnRoyal Melbourne Institute of Technology
Stacie GreeneSaint Ambrose University
Marissa MeyerUniversity of British Columbia*
lynda shandCollege of New Rochelle
Mandip KCUniversity of Minnesota - Twin Cities
James AndersonHealth and Fitness
Sean YatesUniversity of Texas Medical Branch
Rebecca CockrellHinds Community/Technical College
Martin mikellMedical College of Wisconsin
Megan MarivelesLone Star College Tomball
Heather ClesiNorth Harris Montgomery County Community/Technical College District
Janet CooleyUniversity of Arizona
Jarice RisperNorthern Virginia Community/Technical College
Materials by Discipline
- Audiology (3)
- Cancer (458)
- Cardiology (197)
- Dentistry (56)
- Dermatology (36)
- Ear, Nose, and Throat (67)
- Endocrinology (91)
- Epidemiology (89)
- Exercise Science (37)
- Gastroenterology (124)
- General (468)
- Genetics and Infectious Disease (136)
- Geriatrics (56)
- Healthcare Administration (40)
- Hematology (91)
- Internal Medicine (66)
- Medical Laboratory Technology (45)
- Mental Health (126)
- Nephrology (98)
- Neurology (322)
- Nursing Education (129)
- Nursing (736)
- Nutrition (163)
- OB and Gyn (157)
- Ophthalmology (43)
- Orthopedics (132)
- Other (272)
- Pathology (37)
- Pediatrics (141)
- Pharmacy (182)
- Preventive Medicine (25)
- Public Health (484)
- Pulmonary Medicine (49)
- Radiology (72)
- Rheumatology (6)
- Sports Medicine (26)
- Surgery (191)
- Therapeutics (32)
- Toxicology (16)
- Veterinary Medicine (31)
Journals & Publications
- The American Nurse
- Nursing Management
- The Nurse Practitioner
- JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association
- Journal of Dental Hygiene
- Journal of the American Dental Association
- Online Journal of Nursing Informatics
- Online Journal of Issues in Nursing
- American Society of Health SystemsPharmacist (ASHP)
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy(ACCP)
- American Society of ConsultantPharmacists (ASCP)
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM)
- PLOS (Public Library of Science)
- Applied Physiology Nutrition and Metabolism
- Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine
- European Journal of Sport Science
- International Journal of Epidemiology
- International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport
- International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism
- International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance
- Journal of Applied Psychology
- Journal of Athletic Training
- Journal of Biomechanics
- Journal of International Society of Sports Nutrition
- Journal of Physiology
- Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Journal of Sport Management
- Journal of Sport Rehabilitation
- Journal of Sports Sciences
- Journal of Applied Physiology
Health Sciences on the Web
Predictors of non adherence to antiretroviral therapy at an urban HIV care and treatment center in ...
Aug 20, 2018 07:26 PM PDT
Alcohol Concerns Main Focus of Public Health and Safety Committee
Aug 20, 2018 06:07 PM PDT
Journal of Environmental and Public Health
Aug 20, 2018 05:43 PM PDT
Knockdown and replace: A gene therapy twofer to treat blindness
Aug 20, 2018 04:15 PM PDT
Washington's smoky air looks scary, but UW physician says trust your body's defenses
Aug 20, 2018 04:10 PM PDT
Sixteen Street Community Health Centers gives up on Village of West Milwaukee as site of new clinic
Aug 20, 2018 03:30 PM PDT
Medical historian looks back on role of opiates, personal physician in Elvis' death
Aug 20, 2018 02:45 PM PDT
Ask Your Physical Therapist: Why physical therapy is better than medication, surgery?
Aug 20, 2018 02:11 PM PDT
RAINBOW Study: Antiangiogenic Therapy in Gastric Cancer
Aug 20, 2018 02:06 PM PDT
'Liquid biopsy' predicts lymphoma therapy success within days
Aug 20, 2018 02:00 PM PDT
Factors that may explain the increase in physician burnout in healthcare
Aug 20, 2018 01:15 PM PDT
IHP Assistant/Associate Professor, Physical Therapy (FACULTY)
Aug 20, 2018 01:03 PM PDT
'Liquid biopsy' predicts lymphoma therapy success within days
Aug 20, 2018 12:52 PM PDT
Lion TCR T-cell therapy for liver cancer to undergo phase 1/2 trial
Aug 20, 2018 12:41 PM PDT
Health Sciences on Twitter
- The anatomical pathway from the mesodiencephalic junction to the inferior olive relays perioral sensory signals to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…33 minutes ago | JPhysiol
- RT @JAMANeuro: #Timolol eye drops are effective in treating #migraines in some patients. Read the details in this research letter from inve…38 minutes ago | JAMAInternalMed
- Achilles tendon structure differs between competitive distance runners and nonrunners despite no clinical signs or… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…55 minutes ago | japplphysiol
- Cold-water immersion after training sessions: effects on fiber type-specific adaptations in muscle K+ transport pro… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…56 minutes ago | japplphysiol
- 15 Tips and Online Resources That Will Help Students Improve Their Writing @EmergingEdTech buff.ly/2Pt5zWT https://t.co/ORrgTbxbCf, photo: pic.twitter.com/ORrgTbxbCf1 hour ago | MERLOTorg
- 61 million American adults “have a disability that impacts a major part of their life,” according to the @CDCgov. spr.ly/6013DaHu51 hour ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- Pneumococcal disease was responsible for an estimated 3,300 deaths in 2012. Are you prepared in your #pharmacy to p… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 hours ago | pharmacists
- The long and winding road towards an EU health information system: bit.ly/2nVh3Wv2 hours ago | BioMedCentral
- RT @mad_sters: Can combining low doses of 3 high blood pressure medications into one pill improve blood pressure control? @JAMA_current htt…2 hours ago | JAMAInternalMed
- Class Central’s Top 50 #MOOCs of All Time (2018 edition) buff.ly/2LdkT6k https://t.co/AA25WfBv2L, photo: pic.twitter.com/AA25WfBv2L3 hours ago | MERLOTorg