Health Sciences Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the MERLOT Health Sciences Portal, an educational resource for health professionals. You are invited to join MERLOT―it's free―and contribute to this growing community of health professionals, health professional educators, and students by using the learning materials, submitting your own modules and assignments for evaluation, and learning ideas to help you learn as well as teach in a variety of settings.
If you have any questions, contact the Editor of the Health Sciences Editorial Board,
Liza Mayeux at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This overview and information is for health care professionals and students to understand and value the upcoming technology and medical advances related to genomics. It can be used in the classroom as a Powerpoint Presentation or assigned to students or health care staff for self-study.
N95 Masks' Efficiency Can Be Restored With Electricity: Smart Masks May Follow
IEEE Spectrum Recharging N95 masks restores filtering ability to like-new levels for reuse—and opens the door for...
Jim Allison: Breakthrough (film) and Educator Toolkit
Educators can use the toolkit as a whole or borrow pieces to meet their unique learning objectives and circumstances. You...
Online Resources for Science Laboratories (POD) - Remote Teaching
Online Resources for Science Laboratories (POD) - Remote Teaching. This is a live document. For many subjects and...
Open Scholarship Knowledge Base
The Open Scholarship Knowledge Base contains resources created, curated, and contributed by the Open Scholarship...
Transitions to Professional Nursing Practice
This text provides a pivotal learning experience for students transitioning from an associ- ate degree education to a...
Open at the Margins: Critical Perspectives on Open Education
Open At The Margins: Critical Perspectives on Open Education is a pertinent book on Open Education, "containing 38...
Major Histocompatibility Complex MHC Protein Structure and Function
Video Tutorial with Quiz & open-ended questions: Major Histocompatibility Complex (MHC) molecular structure and how it...
Exercise Science 335: Kinesiology & Biomechanics
The OER content in this course shell consists of readings, labs, and homework assignments for a 300-level Kinesiology &...
Impact of Doulas on Healthy Birth Outcomes
Birth outcomes of two groups of socially disadvantaged mothers at risk for adverse birth outcomes, one receiving prebirth...
Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses Student Resources
This website is beneficial to those interested in Labor and Delivery, postpartum, antepartum nursing. Student nurses can...
Factile | #1 Jeopardy Review Game | Pediatric Nursing
The #1 Jeopardy-style classroom review game now supports remote learning online. It’s Free, Easy and Loads of fun! Create...
Preeclampsia and Eclampsia
Preeclampsia and Eclampsia - handy infographic.
Acute Otitis Media (Causes, Pathophysiology, signs and symptoms, treatment and complications)
Visual explanation for Acute Otitis Media infection.
RNpedia - Drugs for Pharmacology
Comprehensive and detailed drug studies of the most commonly use drugs in clinical nursing. Make sure to study these...
COVID-19 Response Webinar Series
Link to all past and upcoming webinars regarding COVID-19 responses.
NCLEX Review and Nursing Test Prep
Need to pass the NCLEX? Kaplan Nursing is your source for NCLEX review courses, NCLEX practice tests, and much more....
Be Confident Protecting Yourself and Providing the Best Care to Your Patients during this COVID-19 Pandemic - On Demand
Be Confident Protecting Yourself and Providing the Best Care to Your Patients during this COVID-19 Pandemic - On Demand...
Case Studies in Cardiac Dysfunction After Acute Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
Patients with acute aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH) often present with more than just neurological compromise. A...
The Impact of Informatics on Nursing Education: A Review of the Literature
The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing | On the basis of a study by the Institute of Medicine, the current health...
Nursing Mnemonics and Tips
Helpful nursing mnemonics and tips to get you through nursing school! Check out these collection of the best memory aids...
Nursing Made Incredibly Easy
Containing over 50 titles The Made Incredibly Easy, Made Incredibly Quick! and Made Incredibly Visual! books help you...
Teaching and Learning in Nursing | Vol 15, Issue 4, In progress (October 2020) | ScienceDirect.com
Associate degree of nursing learning journal
Teaching Cultural Competence in Nursing and Health Care:... : Nursing Education Perspectives
Teaching cultural competence in a hospital setting.
Drugs.com | Prescription Drug Information, Interactions & Side Effects
Prescription drug information and news for professionals and consumers. Search our drug database for comprehensive...
Suzanne SoltysikSaint Bonaventure University
Erika GardinerConestoga College of Applied Arts and Technology
Charis DavidsonMercy College
Pamela Rothpletz-PugliaRutgers University – RBHS
Elizabeth VakikiUniversity of Aspen
Lisa SchickerCuesta College
DONALD RAYMONDChippewa Valley Technical College
Jeanne FreemanDavenport College
Tina PughIndiana University System - Indiana University-East
Jeyanthi Valaithamhigh school
Florence Mwendwakenyatta university
Wanda JohnsonCalifornia State University, Fresno
Jaishri VenkatMiami Dade College
Maka TsulukidzeFlorida Gulf Coast University
Bizuayehu Nigatu Tirfieyanet health college
Brittany CusworthConestoga College of Applied Arts and Technology
Jim BantaLoma Linda University
Surani Hayre-KwanSutter Health
Marilyn DukesUnited States University
Materials by Discipline
- Audiology (4)
- Cancer (470)
- Cardiology (203)
- Dentistry (57)
- Dermatology (37)
- Ear, Nose, and Throat (69)
- Endocrinology (98)
- Epidemiology (90)
- Exercise Science (39)
- Gastroenterology (125)
- Genetics and Infectious Disease (250)
- Geriatrics (62)
- Healthcare Administration (51)
- Hematology (91)
- Internal Medicine (71)
- Medical Laboratory Technology (49)
- Mental Health (549)
- Nephrology (101)
- Neurology (327)
- Nursing Education (178)
- Nursing (983)
- Nutrition (176)
- OB and Gyn (244)
- Ophthalmology (42)
- Orthopedics (131)
- Other (269)
- Pathology (37)
- Pediatrics (155)
- Pharmacy (136)
- Preventive Medicine (29)
- Public Health (488)
- Pulmonary Medicine (52)
- Radiology (73)
- Rheumatology (7)
- Sports Medicine (26)
- Surgery (220)
- Therapeutics (35)
- Toxicology (19)
- Veterinary Medicine (34)
Journals & Publications
- The American Nurse
- Nursing Management
- The Nurse Practitioner
- JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association
- Journal of Dental Hygiene
- Journal of the American Dental Association
- Online Journal of Nursing Informatics
- Online Journal of Issues in Nursing
- American Society of Health SystemsPharmacist (ASHP)
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy(ACCP)
- American Society of ConsultantPharmacists (ASCP)
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM)
- PLOS (Public Library of Science)
- Applied Physiology Nutrition and Metabolism
- Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine
- European Journal of Sport Science
- International Journal of Epidemiology
- International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport
- International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism
- International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance
- Journal of Applied Psychology
- Journal of Athletic Training
- Journal of Biomechanics
- Journal of International Society of Sports Nutrition
- Journal of Physiology
- Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Journal of Sport Management
- Journal of Sport Rehabilitation
- Journal of Sports Sciences
- Journal of Applied Physiology
Health Sciences on the Web
Gillings School of Public Health hosts seminar on striving for equity in health care
Sep 21, 2020 04:26 PM PDT
NIH Official Departs After Anonymous Posts Attacking Public Health Leaders
Sep 21, 2020 03:41 PM PDT
Regis Center for Counseling and Family Therapy
Sep 21, 2020 02:46 PM PDT
County COVID-19 database could help public health officials identify clusters
Sep 21, 2020 02:33 PM PDT
Senate Majority Leader Takubo, a physician, says he has mild covid case
Sep 21, 2020 02:22 PM PDT
Amanda Evans-Freet Presents Virtual Art Therapy for Adams County
Sep 21, 2020 02:15 PM PDT
COVID-19 Conspiracy Theories Are Spreading Rapidly—and They're a Public Health Risk All Their ...
Sep 21, 2020 02:00 PM PDT
Myra F. Levick, psychologist who helped establish the field of art therapy, dies at 96
Sep 21, 2020 01:37 PM PDT
Louisville, Kentucky, has finally banned conversion therapy, but the practice is still legal in over half ...
Sep 21, 2020 12:52 PM PDT
What is pelvic floor therapy and how can it help me?
Sep 21, 2020 12:30 PM PDT
The Heightened Role of Respiratory Therapy Amid COVID-19
Sep 21, 2020 11:33 AM PDT
Potential SRT for Neuronopathic Gaucher Shows Efficacy in Early Study
Sep 21, 2020 10:26 AM PDT
FDA Grants Fast Track Designation to 'Off-the-shelf' CAR T-cell Therapy
Sep 21, 2020 10:15 AM PDT
Watch: Santa Clara County Public Health Department gives updates on coronavirus and testing ...
Sep 21, 2020 10:02 AM PDT
Plumas Public Health announces 50th confirmed case
Sep 21, 2020 09:52 AM PDT
Global Protein Therapeutics Market (2020 to 2025) - by Component, Therapy Area, Function ...
Sep 21, 2020 09:18 AM PDT
Health Sciences on Twitter
- Promoting gender equity requires an acknowledgment of the underlying causes of gender-based disparities and collabo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 hours ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- RT @EurJSportSci: Our latest issue now available online tandfonline.com/toc/tejs20/cur… #sportscience #sportsmedicine #nutrition #physiology #psych…2 hours ago | E_C_S_S
- A look back at the original work of Sir Thomas Lewis and utilize the Lewis lead configuration to diagnose a challen… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…3 hours ago | JAMAInternalMed
- Despite being the largest racial marginalized group in the U.S., #COVID19's impact on the #Latinx community has not… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…3 hours ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- RT @DianeEMeier: The Science of Persuasion Offers Lessons for COVID-19 Prevention ja.ma/2FY34vq via @JAMA_current part of @JAMANe…3 hours ago | JAMAInternalMed
- 86% of survey respondents agree that patients with one or more chronic diseases benefit when a physician leads the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4 hours ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- RT @gavery10: Nearly Half of Dementia Cases Could Be Prevented or Delayed ja.ma/3kAotJQ via @JAMA_current part of @JAMANetwork4 hours ago | JAMAInternalMed
- Military members die by suicide at higher rates than the general U.S. population. We are taking an active role in a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…5 hours ago | APA
- Join APhA CEO Scott Knoer & the APhA Board of Trustees for a special edition of our weekly webinar on September 24.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…5 hours ago | pharmacists
- #ArticlesInPress: “Traube-Hering Waves Are Formed by Interaction of Respiratory Sinus Arrhythmia and Pulse Pressure… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…5 hours ago | japplphysiol