Health Sciences Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the MERLOT Health Sciences Portal, an educational resource for health professionals. You are invited to join MERLOT―it's free―and contribute to this growing community of health professionals, health professional educators, and students by using the learning materials, submitting your own modules and assignments for evaluation, and learning ideas to help you learn as well as teach in a variety of settings.
If you have any questions, contact the Editor of the Health Sciences Editorial Board,
Liza Mayeux at email@example.com.
This overview and information is for health care professionals and students to understand and value the upcoming technology and medical advances related to genomics. It can be used in the classroom as a Powerpoint Presentation or assigned to students or health care staff for self-study.
Smithsonian Open Access: Create. Imagine. Discover
Welcome to Smithsonian Open Access where you can download, share, and reuse millions of the Smithsonian's images right...
Personal and Social Frameworks for Nutrition and Healthy Aging
Provides an overview of the impact of nutrition on aging and the impact of aging on nutrient needs. Examines food access,...
Solve the Outbreak | Mobile Activities | CDC
As stated by the author the it is an interactive app a simulate the learners ability to becoming a disease detective. The...
CardioVisual | Heart Health App: Built by Cardiologists
Free heart health information in an easy-to-use mobile app for doctors, patients and anyone who wants to keep their heart...
Hospital Readmission Challenge | Jump Simulation
The material is a mobile app to allow more in depth knowledge about hospital readmissions. As stated by the authors it is...
CDCs Health IQ App
Race against the clock to earn more points or use hints when you are stumped. Each quiz delivers a mix of 10 questions.
Foundations of Epidemiology
This book is intended to provide a basic introduction to epidemiologic methods and epidemiologic thinking. After reading...
In the United States alone, there are over 750,000 Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics who have received...
Improving Understanding and Collaboration Among First Responders
This unique training addresses the institutional culture of five responder groups: law enforcement, EMS, fire, public...
Health Case Studies
Health Case Studies is composed of eight separate health case studies. Each case study includes the patient narrative or...
Cardiac Exam III: Abnormal Heart Sounds | Protocol
Abnormal heart sounds
Locate and interpret STEMI based on 12 Lead EKG
Best 12 lead EKG interpretation practice cheat sheet video showing ST elevation Myocardial Infarction for Lateral MI,...
The Over 40 Ab Solution
Shaun Hadsall’s Over 40 Ab Solution is a 12-minute metabolic trick to reactivate declining fat loss hormones and increase...
LGBTQ Training For Nurses and Other Healthcare Providers
Make an account and complete the LGBTQ training for a CEU. It's free.
The teaching of histology increasingly relies on digital resources in lieu of traditional microscope laboratories....
Overthrowing Anxiety Disorder Program: The End Of Anxiety
Christian Goodman’s Overthrowing Anxiety (The End Of Anxiety) is an online program that overcame anxiety disorder and...
Adverse Effects of Folexin - Systematic Review & Analysis
Hair loss is a situation that has been concerning for a lot of adults lately. Use of chemicals, stress and environmental...
An Introduction to Nutrition
Welcome to Essentials of Nutrition: A Functional Approach! This book is written for students who are not majoring in...
This textbook serves as an introduction to nutrition for undergraduate students and is the OER textbook for the FSHN 185...
The Hemorrhoids Healing Protocol: Hemorrhoids Horror Healed
Scott Davis’s Hemorrhoids Healing Protocol (Hemorrhoids Horror Healed) is a three-week online program that designed to...
Anatomy and Physiology
Anatomy and Physiology is a dynamic textbook for the two-semester human anatomy and physiology course for life science...
Yoga in Transformation
Ever since the emergence of yoga-related practices and teachings in South Asia around 500 BCE, yoga has shown a protean...
Mind-Body Medicine in Children and Adolescents
A central theme of the Special Issue is the importance of enhancing self-efficacy in pediatric patients. The field of...
Pediatric Palliative Care
At least 20 million children worldwide would benefit from Pediatric Palliative Care (PPC) annually, and eight million...
Ann JacksonUltimate Medical Academy
Michael SmithKilgore College
Katie Bystrak-NikoWichita State University
Olivia NogakiOld Dominion University
Daniel BrennanBordentown Regional High School
Ki SlusherOld Dominion University
Tara GreenCollege of New Caledonia
Frances FaschingDeSales University
Abigail SwidergalNorthern Illinois University
Jessica WuJames Ruse Agricultural High school
SYNTHIA FRANKWestern Kentucky University
Dennis PalmerBaptist Institute of Health Sciences
Kenneth CombsOld Dominion University
Shelley YowWestern Carolina University
Jim AtkinAustralian National University
Lyle MrozUniversity of Rhode Island
KESAVANARAYANAN KRISHNAN SELVARAJANUniversity of Hail
Materials by Discipline
- Audiology (4)
- Cancer (468)
- Cardiology (197)
- Dentistry (55)
- Dermatology (37)
- Ear, Nose, and Throat (68)
- Endocrinology (96)
- Epidemiology (88)
- Exercise Science (39)
- Gastroenterology (124)
- Genetics and Infectious Disease (241)
- Geriatrics (59)
- Healthcare Administration (45)
- Hematology (91)
- Internal Medicine (70)
- Medical Laboratory Technology (47)
- Mental Health (542)
- Nephrology (100)
- Neurology (326)
- Nursing Education (161)
- Nursing (875)
- Nutrition (175)
- OB and Gyn (243)
- Ophthalmology (40)
- Orthopedics (130)
- Other (271)
- Pathology (36)
- Pediatrics (149)
- Pharmacy (132)
- Preventive Medicine (26)
- Public Health (485)
- Pulmonary Medicine (49)
- Radiology (70)
- Rheumatology (6)
- Sports Medicine (27)
- Surgery (219)
- Therapeutics (33)
- Toxicology (18)
- Veterinary Medicine (34)
Journals & Publications
- The American Nurse
- Nursing Management
- The Nurse Practitioner
- JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association
- Journal of Dental Hygiene
- Journal of the American Dental Association
- Online Journal of Nursing Informatics
- Online Journal of Issues in Nursing
- American Society of Health SystemsPharmacist (ASHP)
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy(ACCP)
- American Society of ConsultantPharmacists (ASCP)
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM)
- PLOS (Public Library of Science)
- Applied Physiology Nutrition and Metabolism
- Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine
- European Journal of Sport Science
- International Journal of Epidemiology
- International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport
- International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism
- International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance
- Journal of Applied Psychology
- Journal of Athletic Training
- Journal of Biomechanics
- Journal of International Society of Sports Nutrition
- Journal of Physiology
- Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Journal of Sport Management
- Journal of Sport Rehabilitation
- Journal of Sports Sciences
- Journal of Applied Physiology
Health Sciences on the Web
Dozens spoke against bill to ban transgender therapy for youth. Chair won't advance it
Feb 26, 2020 11:41 AM PST
Public health official says risk remains low of Iowans contracting coronavirus in the state
Feb 26, 2020 11:07 AM PST
Nevada County Public Health Department update on coronavirus – no cases in Nevada County
Feb 26, 2020 10:00 AM PST
Sports Medicine World Markets, 2020-2027 - Featuring Profiles of Key Players Stryker, Arthrex ...
Feb 26, 2020 09:26 AM PST
Physician from Middletown joins Army Reserves at age of 53
Feb 26, 2020 09:15 AM PST
Former White House physician: Joe Biden 'might need' cognitive test
Feb 26, 2020 09:03 AM PST
Pediatrician condemns transgender bill criminalizing hormonal or surgical therapy for a minor
Feb 26, 2020 08:30 AM PST
No one predicted rapid growth of gene therapy market, says CEO
Feb 26, 2020 08:07 AM PST
Physician Charged for Alleged Role in an Over $120 Million Health Care Fraud and Money ...
Feb 26, 2020 08:04 AM PST
Nine countries seek to ban gay 'conversion' therapy
Feb 26, 2020 07:56 AM PST
Ryan Newman shares 'therapy' fishing photo as he recovers from Daytona 500 crash
Feb 26, 2020 07:11 AM PST
Senior Director of Sports Medicine and Performance Reggie Scott sworn in as PFATS president
Feb 26, 2020 07:00 AM PST
CDC releases Public Health Update on coronavirus warning of potential school closures and other ...
Feb 26, 2020 06:31 AM PST
Referendum: parents' rights versus public health
Feb 26, 2020 05:52 AM PST
Noninvasive candidiasis, viral infections common after CAR T-cell therapy
Feb 26, 2020 05:18 AM PST
Swimming in Onondaga Lake poses public health risk (Your letters)
Feb 26, 2020 04:45 AM PST
Hopebridge Brings Pediatric Autism Therapy Centers into Colorado
Feb 26, 2020 04:12 AM PST
Health Sciences on Twitter
- RT @leftbundle: This is a beautiful, touching piece that we just published in @jamacardio. It describes a physician's experience of the sud…5 minutes ago | JAMAInternalMed
- RT @JAMAHealthForum: Are our current #academic promotion and #tenure systems dated? @samyuktaMD and her co-authors certainly seem to think…6 minutes ago | JAMAInternalMed
- RT @jenabbasi: Amidst (legit) concerns about #COVIDー19, a visual reminder from @JAMA_current that the #flu has killed 16000 Americans this…6 minutes ago | JAMAInternalMed
- Coronary microvascular dysfunction (CMD) is abnormal dilation and constriction of the small blood vessels of the he… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…25 minutes ago | JAMAInternalMed
- Went to the gym for the first time in 6 weeks. Did 60 mins light cardio. Just training to train for the next 10 day… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…35 minutes ago | ijpas_editor
- We know economic vitality and optimal health go hand in hand, which is why we're joining in support of @WSUnitedChi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…55 minutes ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- RT @DrTedros: The key message from the intl. expert mission to 🇨🇳 is: #coronavirus can be contained. But every country needs to be ready to…1 hour ago | ANANursingWorld
- A study revealed that 63% of children received #vaccines on time before the age of three, as per @CDCgov guidelines… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 hour ago | pharmacists
- RT @dougmcvay: RT @JAMANetworkOpen: Association of Take-Home Naloxone and Opioid Overdose Reversals Performed by Patients in an Opioid Trea…1 hour ago | JAMAInternalMed
- E-cigarette users had an abundance of Porphyromonas bacteria, while an increase in Veillonella bacteria was found i… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 hours ago | DentistryToday