Health Sciences Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the MERLOT Health Sciences Portal, an educational resource for health professionals. You are invited to join MERLOT―it's free―and contribute to this growing community of health professionals, health professional educators, and students by using the learning materials, submitting your own modules and assignments for evaluation, and learning ideas to help you learn as well as teach in a variety of settings.
If you have any questions, contact the Editor of the Health Sciences Editorial Board,
Kelly P. Massey at email@example.com.
This overview and information is for health care professionals and students to understand and value the upcoming technology and medical advances related to genomics. It can be used in the classroom as a Powerpoint Presentation or assigned to students or health care staff for self-study.
Survivors of Suicide Loss Fact Sheet
A survivor of suicide is a family member or friend of a person who died by suicide. This fact sheet provides information...
Picture This: Depression and Suicide Prevention
Picture This is a guide to the key issues within the realm of depression and suicide prevention, as identified by mental...
A MANAGER’S GUIDE TO SUICIDE POSTVENTION IN THE WORKPLACE: 10 Action Steps for Dealing with the Aftermath of Suicide
Postvention is psychological first aid, crisis intervention, and other support offered after a suicide to affected...
Confessions of a depressed comic
Kevin Breel didn't look like a depressed kid: team captain, at every party, funny and confident. But he tells the story...
The bridge between suicide and life
For many years Sergeant Kevin Briggs had a dark, unusual, at times strangely rewarding job: He patrolled the southern end...
Break the silence for suicide attempt survivors
Even when our lives appear fine from the outside, locked within can be a world of quiet suffering, leading some to the...
Red Tea Detox Belly Fat Burning Drink For Weight Loss at $17
Product Name: Red Tea Detox Author Name: Liz Swann Miller Bonus: Yes Official Website: CLICK HERE Add to Cart -...
Nursing Cheat Sheets - Easy Guides, Forms, and Charts about Nursing
Multiple Nursing Cheat Sheets - labs, patient positioning, pharmacology, and more! All the info you need in one spot on...
1,000+ Nursing Care Plans: The Ultimate Guide and Database for Free
Database and list of nursing care plans (NCP) examples and nursing diagnoses for student nurses. Learn how to write care...
Investigation of Biofield Treated Vitamin D3 to Improve Immunity of Bone Cells in MG-63 Cell Line.
The study was aimed to evaluate the effect of Consciousness Energy Healing-based vitamin D3 and DMEM on bone health in...
Now Matters Now
We have had suicidal thoughts and emotions and problems that felt unsolvable. Here are our stories, including...
Talking About Suicide: The interviews
This site has interviews with suicide attempt survivors. One clicks on a name and reads the story of what happened to...
Home | Live Through This
Established in 2010, Live Through This is a collection of portraits and true stories of suicide attempt survivors across...
Can You Hear Me Now? New Voices of Attempt Survivors
Can You Hear Me Now? New Voices of Attempt Survivors was a panel presented at the 47th annual conference of the American...
Suicide is the leading cause of death for Australians aged between 15 and 44, about 200 Australians attempt suicide every...
Guiding Their Way Back
Having someone you care about attempt suicide can be an incredibly traumatic experience. You might respond with anger,...
Finding Your Way Back
Getting your life back on track after attempting suicide is not easy. It takes time to recover physically and...
Zero Suicide Toolkit
Zero Suicide operationalizes the core components necessary for health care systems to transform suicide care into seven...
A Journey Toward Health and Hope
This booklet is a guide to help you take the first steps toward recovery after your suicide attempt. The tools and...
Suicide Attempt Survivors
In 2014, AAS took the historic step of approving a membership division for people who have been suicidal and their...
This site contains a number of articles that talk about suicide, including the Nature of Suicide, Suicide in the News,...
This article’s examination of suicide postvention begins by exploring the consequences of being a survivor and the goals...
AAS Mission Statement: To promote the understanding and prevention of suicide and support those who have been affected by...
There is no single cause to suicide. It most often occurs when stressors exceed current coping abilities of someone...
Sarah PrichardRockhurst University
Tonya Smith-JacksonUniversity of St. Augustine for Health Sciences
Michelle Ferrara-RyanCounty College of Morris
Sue FieldWinona State University
Katrina StaggsOld Dominion University
Christine SayreOhio State University System - Columbus
Robert ojiamboUniversity Global Health Equity
Lisa HumelbaughCalifornia State University, Dominguez Hills
Traci KrauseMinneapolis Community and Technical College
Jennifer ButzUniversity of North Carolina System - Wilmington
Katherine Ott WalterJames Madison University
Arlene WilliamsThe University of the West Indies
Liz Swann MillerThe Red Tea Detox Program
Ojeen SimmanSouth Louisiana Community College
Jenny ProchnowWinona State University
Susan FarrellBakersfield College
Sara StevensWashington State University at Vancouver
mikki BARRETTBroward Community/Technical College
Amy RussellUpper Iowa University
Dawn LambertMillersville University of Pennsylvania
Rick KaseljUnlock Your Hip Flexors
Deirdre D'AlfonsoState University of New York System - College of Technology at Delhi
Danielle ShaverWorcester State College
Dora BlitchteinUniversidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas
Materials by Discipline
- Audiology (4)
- Cancer (461)
- Cardiology (195)
- Dentistry (55)
- Dermatology (36)
- Ear, Nose, and Throat (67)
- Endocrinology (93)
- Epidemiology (88)
- Exercise Science (37)
- Gastroenterology (124)
- General (472)
- Genetics and Infectious Disease (135)
- Geriatrics (56)
- Healthcare Administration (41)
- Hematology (91)
- Internal Medicine (66)
- Medical Laboratory Technology (42)
- Mental Health (479)
- Nephrology (102)
- Neurology (320)
- Nursing Education (136)
- Nursing (761)
- Nutrition (163)
- OB and Gyn (158)
- Ophthalmology (41)
- Orthopedics (131)
- Other (270)
- Pathology (36)
- Pediatrics (140)
- Pharmacy (130)
- Preventive Medicine (24)
- Public Health (485)
- Pulmonary Medicine (49)
- Radiology (71)
- Rheumatology (6)
- Sports Medicine (26)
- Surgery (219)
- Therapeutics (34)
- Toxicology (17)
- Veterinary Medicine (30)
Journals & Publications
- The American Nurse
- Nursing Management
- The Nurse Practitioner
- JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association
- Journal of Dental Hygiene
- Journal of the American Dental Association
- Online Journal of Nursing Informatics
- Online Journal of Issues in Nursing
- American Society of Health SystemsPharmacist (ASHP)
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy(ACCP)
- American Society of ConsultantPharmacists (ASCP)
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM)
- PLOS (Public Library of Science)
- Applied Physiology Nutrition and Metabolism
- Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine
- European Journal of Sport Science
- International Journal of Epidemiology
- International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport
- International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism
- International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance
- Journal of Applied Psychology
- Journal of Athletic Training
- Journal of Biomechanics
- Journal of International Society of Sports Nutrition
- Journal of Physiology
- Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Journal of Sport Management
- Journal of Sport Rehabilitation
- Journal of Sports Sciences
- Journal of Applied Physiology
Health Sciences on the Web
Health Sciences on Twitter
- RT @USPHSPharmacy: 82 percent of American adults take at least one medication and 29 percent take five or more. Learn how to #protect your…2 minutes ago | pharmacists
- RT @Surgeon_General: Thank you @MinorityHealth for hosting the #LoveYourHeartChat & thanks to everyone that joined! Remember you can get…3 minutes ago | pharmacists
- RT @CPFgrants: "Some states are engaging in such wide exemptions [#vaccinations] that they're creating the opportunity for outbreaks on a s…3 minutes ago | pharmacists
- RT @Tnightingale10: Sex differences in the relationship between cardiorespiratory fitness and brain function in older adulthood | Journal o…
- RT @HCHolmberg1: The Historical Context and Scientific Legacy of John O. Holloszy | Journal of Applied Physiology physiology.org/doi/abs/10.115…
- RT @stanleychen177: Inactivity Induces Resistance to the Metabolic Benefits Following Acute Exercise | Journal of Applied Physiology https:…
- What is the culture like at your practice? Does everyone feel like they contribute to and benefit from its success?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…47 minutes ago | DentistryToday
- #ArticlesInPress B. anthracis Lethal Toxin but not Edema Toxin, Increases Pulmonary Artery Pressure and Permeabili… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…52 minutes ago | ajpheartcirc
- RT @nashvillemed: Congratulations to @SenAlexander on his selection as an @AmerMedicalAssn (AMA) Nathan Davis Award winner. Nashville Acade…53 minutes ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- Though details are still developing, ANA is concerned that the criminalization of medical errors could have a chill… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 hour ago | ANANursingWorld