Health Sciences Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the MERLOT Health Sciences Portal, an educational resource for health professionals. You are invited to join MERLOT―it's free―and contribute to this growing community of health professionals, health professional educators, and students by using the learning materials, submitting your own modules and assignments for evaluation, and learning ideas to help you learn as well as teach in a variety of settings.
If you have any questions, contact the Editor of the Health Sciences Editorial Board,
Liza Mayeux at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This overview and information is for health care professionals and students to understand and value the upcoming technology and medical advances related to genomics. It can be used in the classroom as a Powerpoint Presentation or assigned to students or health care staff for self-study.
10 Common Mental Illnesses Crash Course
What is mental illness or mental disorder? According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness, mental illness is...
What Is Schizophrenia?
Educational video about schizophrenia Inspired by ASAP Science IG: eugenehwang_ Eugene Hwang Personal Project 2015-16...
COVID-19: Mental Health Issues and Coping
The current challenges brought about by COVID-19 for people all around the globe have caused fear, anxiety, and...
Anxiety: What You Should Know [Especially During Coronavirus Outbreak]
Access this full video series on anxiety for FREE here: https://bit.ly/3a96JjY There's a lot of anxiety surrounding the...
Narcissist, Psychopath, or Sociopath: How to Spot the Differences
Access exclusive videos with Dr. Ramani on narcissism, psychopaths and sociopaths HERE: https://bit.ly/34GbIXm Subscribe...
What is Borderline Personality Disorder?
A quick summary about Borderline Personality Disorder, or BPD, one of the many personality trait-based DSM diagnoses. In...
Nursing information that will help retain information
Book qualified vet on call for a consultation
Are you looking for a vet for a consultation? Consult with a qualified and experienced vet on call regarding the dog’s...
Eat, Sleep, Console Approach: A Family-Centered Model for the Treatment of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome - PubMed
Several studies were found with successful development and implementation of the ESC model. Studies supported the use of...
Way to Grow | Health Library | CHKD
Way to Grow by CHKD are the perfect go to information to provide families with information about their child's condition....
Breast Cancer and Race: Disparities and Mental Health Effects
Breast cancer and race disparities
Medical Surgical Nursing Study Guides
In this page are the collection of various Medical-Surgical Nursing study guides including sample test bank questions for...
How to Give a Bed Bath (nursing patient care skills)
Video shows basic procedure for giving a proper bed bath to a patient. 4:48 minutes long.
Changing Occupied Bed
Video demonstrating proper change of bed sheets in an occupied bed. 6:57 minutes long.
This health infogrpahic is aimed at providing relevant information to the vulnearble female population located in rural...
Antibody Molecular Structure & Function
Video Tutorial with Quiz & open-ended questions: Antibody (IgG1) molecular structure and how it supports defense...
Nursing Burnout: Why It Happens and How to Avoid It | Rasmussen College
Information to help recognize and prevent nursing burnout
Alarm Fatigue: Use of an Evidence-Based Alarm Management... : Journal of Nursing Care Quality
Research Outcomes of Implementing CEASE: An Innovative,... : Dimensions of Critical Care Nursing
The use of the CEASE method to reduce alarm fatigue in critical care units
Critical care nurses’ knowledge of alarm fatigue and practices towards alarms: A multicentre study
Critical care nurses’ knowledge of alarm fatigue and practices toward alarms in critical care settings- a cross sectional...
Coronavirus Resource Center - National League for Nursing
Resources for nurses looking for information about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
If EKG Rhythms Were Songs
If EKG Rhythms were songs!
How Nurses Are Using Health Informatics to Improve Patient Care - Electronic Health Reporter
This article is about how informatics improves patient care by improving documentation, reducing medical errors,...
Picmonics: Pharmacological Nursing
Picmonic Pharmacology Nursing animation program is an easy way to learn pharmacology (and many more) nursing topics! The...
Nicole WhitleyOld Dominion University
Yolanda KnightOld Dominion University
Doug HudginsOld Dominion University
Hannah FaganOld Dominion University
Cynthia DeSienaChamberlain University
Kailey CrosenOld Dominion University
Allyssa Marie EscubilJubilee Christian Academy
Courtney GeiselOld Dominion University
Theresa NoyesOld Dominion University
Samantha PritchardRush University
Laura BirkoskiOld Dominion University
Tracy BruenUniversity of Memphis
ryan grennierOld Dominion University
Nancy SeguraTec de Monterrey
Elisa BradberryBarrow County Schools
Jessica TutoneOld Dominion University
Latrice MartinOld Dominion University
Hayley ForrestOld Dominion University
liliemed medClinique Equilibre
Julia MilesOld Dominion University
Laura KavanaghSentara Healthcare
Charles MillerTulane University
Scott DeyoOld Dominion University
Materials by Discipline
- Audiology (4)
- Cancer (469)
- Cardiology (203)
- Dentistry (57)
- Dermatology (37)
- Ear, Nose, and Throat (69)
- Endocrinology (98)
- Epidemiology (89)
- Exercise Science (40)
- Gastroenterology (125)
- Genetics and Infectious Disease (250)
- Geriatrics (62)
- Healthcare Administration (51)
- Hematology (91)
- Internal Medicine (72)
- Medical Laboratory Technology (49)
- Mental Health (550)
- Nephrology (101)
- Neurology (327)
- Nursing Education (177)
- Nursing (947)
- Nutrition (176)
- OB and Gyn (244)
- Ophthalmology (41)
- Orthopedics (131)
- Other (269)
- Pathology (37)
- Pediatrics (155)
- Pharmacy (133)
- Preventive Medicine (29)
- Public Health (487)
- Pulmonary Medicine (52)
- Radiology (73)
- Rheumatology (7)
- Sports Medicine (26)
- Surgery (220)
- Therapeutics (35)
- Toxicology (19)
- Veterinary Medicine (34)
Journals & Publications
- The American Nurse
- Nursing Management
- The Nurse Practitioner
- JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association
- Journal of Dental Hygiene
- Journal of the American Dental Association
- Online Journal of Nursing Informatics
- Online Journal of Issues in Nursing
- American Society of Health SystemsPharmacist (ASHP)
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy(ACCP)
- American Society of ConsultantPharmacists (ASCP)
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM)
- PLOS (Public Library of Science)
- Applied Physiology Nutrition and Metabolism
- Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine
- European Journal of Sport Science
- International Journal of Epidemiology
- International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport
- International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism
- International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance
- Journal of Applied Psychology
- Journal of Athletic Training
- Journal of Biomechanics
- Journal of International Society of Sports Nutrition
- Journal of Physiology
- Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Journal of Sport Management
- Journal of Sport Rehabilitation
- Journal of Sports Sciences
- Journal of Applied Physiology
Health Sciences on the Web
Houston Mayor Cancels Texas GOP's In-Person Convention, Citing Public Health Concerns
Jul 08, 2020 06:52 PM PDT
Idaho statute gives public health districts broad power in addressing coronavirus pandemic
Jul 08, 2020 05:45 PM PDT
Statement on closure of Duke's Restaurant at Alki Beach
Jul 08, 2020 05:22 PM PDT
It's The Pandemic, Stupid: Public Health Worries—Not Shutdowns—Driving Recession
Jul 08, 2020 05:11 PM PDT
Racism in Health Care: Providers Address a Public Health Crisis
Jul 08, 2020 04:48 PM PDT
Jean DelPapa Noble, 86, worked as a registered nurse for 30 years
Jul 08, 2020 04:00 PM PDT
FOLLOWUP: Duke's Alki closed by Public Health because of COVID-19 outbreak
Jul 08, 2020 03:49 PM PDT
Houston Mayor Cancels Texas GOP Convention, Calling It a 'Public Health Risk'
Jul 08, 2020 02:32 PM PDT
Butte County Public Health reports fourth coronavirus death
Jul 08, 2020 02:11 PM PDT
Weekly COVID-19 Public Health Report
Jul 08, 2020 01:18 PM PDT
Couples Therapy Built the World's Most Convincing Reality-TV Set
Jul 08, 2020 12:52 PM PDT
'Not a choice we get to ignore': Albion council could declare racism a public health crisis
Jul 08, 2020 12:41 PM PDT
Oklahoma City hospital, physician group to pay $77 million false claims settlement
Jul 08, 2020 12:35 PM PDT
Public health issues COVID-19 alert involving Chetek softball tournament
Jul 08, 2020 12:30 PM PDT
Oregon Voters Will Decide On Legalizing Psilocybin Therapy In November, State Announces
Jul 08, 2020 12:07 PM PDT
Public Health reports an additional positive, seven new recoveries Wednesday
Jul 08, 2020 11:22 AM PDT
Careers and a pandemic: public health professions
Jul 08, 2020 11:13 AM PDT
Health Sciences on Twitter
- RT @CNN: “Our people are tired,” Carlos Migoya, President of Jackson Health System in Florida, says the governor sending 100 additional nur…16 minutes ago | ANANursingWorld
- RT @palafo: Gov. Gavin Newsom said hospitalizations have increased 43% in the last two weeks while admissions to ICU units have increased 3…21 minutes ago | ANANursingWorld
- #OurAMA talks to #residents about their experiences during the #COVID19 pandemic, the resources AMA is providing to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…32 minutes ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- Dr. Anthony Fauci breaks down the three things that may be driving the lower death ratio amid the resurgence of… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 hour ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- .@UWSurgery implemented an emergency restructuring of its program, aiming to minimize #COVID19 exposure among its… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 hours ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- RT @JAMAInternalMed: jamanetwork.com/journals/jamai… #meded #medtwitter3 hours ago | JAMAInternalMed
- As #COVID19 cases begin to rapidly rise again, there is a dire need to understand and eliminate health inequities t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…3 hours ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- In the third episode of a five part series honoring #residents during #RecognizingResidents Week, we look at the im… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4 hours ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- #COVID19 has skewed the #residency application process by forcing many interviews to go virtual. The bright side? F… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…5 hours ago | AmerMedicalAssn