Health Sciences Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the MERLOT Health Sciences Portal, an educational resource for health professionals. You are invited to join MERLOT―it's free―and contribute to this growing community of health professionals, health professional educators, and students by using the learning materials, submitting your own modules and assignments for evaluation, and learning ideas to help you learn as well as teach in a variety of settings.
If you have any questions, contact the Editor of the Health Sciences Editorial Board,
Kelly P. Massey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This overview and information is for health care professionals and students to understand and value the upcoming technology and medical advances related to genomics. It can be used in the classroom as a Powerpoint Presentation or assigned to students or health care staff for self-study.
Statistical Analyis Plan for iVAS
A cost analysis of the iVAS cardiac assist device in comparison to other surgical cardiac pump devivces for the treatment...
Disease Prevention and Healthy Lifestyles | Simple Book Production
Disease Prevention and Healthy Lifestyles, by Judy Baker Ph.D., provides health-related content which allows students to...
In the Oxford English Dictionary health is defined as: ‘the state of being free from sickness, injury, disease, bodily...
Complementary and Alternative Medicine in the United States
This report was commissioned in September 2002, when 16 NIH institutes, centers, and offices plus the Agency for...
De Gruyter: Open Access Journals
De Gruyter publishes fully open access journals across Science, Technology, Mathematics (STM) and Humanities, Social...
IEEE Access: The Multidisciplinary Open Access Journal
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Access is an award-winning multidisciplinary, all electronic...
African Journals Online (AJOL)
African Journals Online (AJOL) is the world's largest library of peer-reviewed, African-published scholarly journals,...
U.S. Air Force-Flight Nurse
This site provides a brief overview of the requirements to become a flight nurse in the U.S. Air Force.
Degree and Certificate Programs - Frederick Community College
Practice dosage exam for nursing students.
This organization provides grants, publications, and more to promote African American nurses.
NURSE as Educator Created in KnovioWeb from KnowledgeVision. View original:...
The St. Jude Cloud
St. Jude Cloud is a genome data resource for pediatric cancer and other life-threatening diseases. Access sequencing...
Nursing Time Management Tips
Every day is different as a nurse, and so planning a schedule in advance may be easier said than done, so here are my...
Rising to the Challenge of Rural Nursing
The article outlines the challenges of rural nursing. Nurses who work in rural areas are paid less, have different...
Caring for patients in alcohol withdrawal - American Nurse Today
Be sure you’re prepared to care for patients going through Alcohol withdraw
Osmosis.org is a leading medical & health education platform with an audience of over 700,000 current & future clinicians...
8 Rights of Medication Administration
Chances are that some of you may not have known that in addition to the well-known 5 right of medication administration,...
American Journal of nursing Podcast
Evidence-Based Practice: Step by Step: Igniting a Spirit of Inquiry Podcast of Maureen “Shawn” Kennedy, MA, RN,...
How to Don PPE
Instructions on the correct way to place PPE
American Associated of Critical Care Nurses
AACN, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit association, is more than the world’s largest specialty nursing organization – we are an...
ANA Enterprise teaching resources
Our resource materials have been designed to help nurse educators inspire the next generation of health care...
College Drinking: Prevention Perspectives – Lessons Learned at Frostburg State University
Watch Episode 1 of SAMHSA’s latest resource and learn about the actions taken by Frostburg State University to reduce...
Culturally Competent Nursing Care
Being culturally competent while providing nursing care is imperative to caring for patients holistically. This article...
An e-learning course suggested by the Learning Nurse Resources Network about the basics of documentation and medical...
Margaret ReneauSacred Heart University
Sameh Abou-BeihFayoum University
Gio MCity Colleges of Chicago - Malcolm X College
ALAN RIVERASan Diego City College
Sarah HirschUniversity of Southern Indiana
Lauren EnglishUniversity of Southern Indiana
Nelly LopezUniversity of Vermont
Alexa BrosmerUniversity of Southern Indiana
Victoria StewartUniversity of Southern Indiana
Sandra WEarneUpper Iowa University
Paige PattersonUniversity of Southern Indiana
Laurie ZielinskiMilwaukee Area Technical College
Sheila JimeneaUpper Iowa University
Ivelisse RuizWilson Technical Community/Technical College
Paige JonesUniversity of Southern Indiana
Kayte-Lynn KowalQueen`s University
SABRINA MADDENSamaritan Medical Center
Jacqueline GodinezUniversity of Southern Indiana
Jose QuintanaUniversity of Alabama - Birmingham
Mary OsuhUniversity of Ibadan and University College Hospital
Materials by Discipline
- Audiology (4)
- Cancer (461)
- Cardiology (197)
- Dentistry (56)
- Dermatology (36)
- Ear, Nose, and Throat (67)
- Endocrinology (93)
- Epidemiology (88)
- Exercise Science (37)
- Gastroenterology (124)
- General (473)
- Genetics and Infectious Disease (135)
- Geriatrics (56)
- Healthcare Administration (40)
- Hematology (91)
- Internal Medicine (66)
- Medical Laboratory Technology (44)
- Mental Health (126)
- Nephrology (104)
- Neurology (323)
- Nursing Education (135)
- Nursing (763)
- Nutrition (163)
- OB and Gyn (159)
- Ophthalmology (42)
- Orthopedics (132)
- Other (272)
- Pathology (36)
- Pediatrics (142)
- Pharmacy (130)
- Preventive Medicine (25)
- Public Health (485)
- Pulmonary Medicine (49)
- Radiology (72)
- Rheumatology (6)
- Sports Medicine (26)
- Surgery (220)
- Therapeutics (32)
- Toxicology (17)
- Veterinary Medicine (31)
Journals & Publications
- The American Nurse
- Nursing Management
- The Nurse Practitioner
- JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association
- Journal of Dental Hygiene
- Journal of the American Dental Association
- Online Journal of Nursing Informatics
- Online Journal of Issues in Nursing
- American Society of Health SystemsPharmacist (ASHP)
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy(ACCP)
- American Society of ConsultantPharmacists (ASCP)
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM)
- PLOS (Public Library of Science)
- Applied Physiology Nutrition and Metabolism
- Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine
- European Journal of Sport Science
- International Journal of Epidemiology
- International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport
- International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism
- International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance
- Journal of Applied Psychology
- Journal of Athletic Training
- Journal of Biomechanics
- Journal of International Society of Sports Nutrition
- Journal of Physiology
- Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Journal of Sport Management
- Journal of Sport Rehabilitation
- Journal of Sports Sciences
- Journal of Applied Physiology
Health Sciences on the Web
Racers rock ugly sweaters for Live Well Physical Therapy event
Dec 09, 2018 07:45 PM PST
Kathleen Lynn: Pioneering doctor, socialist and public-health campaigner
Dec 09, 2018 04:00 PM PST
Food safety and public health in Hong Kong would benefit from the expertise of the veterinary ...
Dec 09, 2018 03:48 PM PST
Quench Wellness provides body maintenance therapy for busy bees
Dec 09, 2018 01:45 PM PST
Technical Entity Trends: CAR T-Cell Therapy Individualizes Cancer Treatment
Dec 09, 2018 01:00 PM PST
Musical Therapy Club hosts annual Winter Recital
Dec 09, 2018 12:26 PM PST
Pancakes, Pajamas event to teach guests about music therapy
Dec 09, 2018 12:15 PM PST
Health, Beauty And Wellness Launches: Vitamin Packs Physician Portal, MTN DEW Game Fuel ...
Dec 09, 2018 12:03 PM PST
Dr. Dean Named Santa Barbara County Physician Of The Year
Dec 09, 2018 10:56 AM PST
Iranian incubator manufactures amblyopia therapy device
Dec 09, 2018 10:22 AM PST
Therapy through arts for people with Parkinson's
Dec 09, 2018 10:00 AM PST
Kareem Hunt Shows Initiative, Enters Counselling and Therapy Programs
Dec 09, 2018 09:56 AM PST
Courageous Hearts Helps Veterans Through Equine Therapy
Dec 09, 2018 08:30 AM PST
Therapy apps may help beat stress
Dec 09, 2018 08:29 AM PST
New Pensacola pelvic floor physical therapy clinic InHer Physique offers new treatment
Dec 09, 2018 07:56 AM PST
Belmont physician named president of state association
Dec 09, 2018 07:33 AM PST
Church of England bishops to open inquiry into gay conversion therapy
Dec 09, 2018 07:30 AM PST
Gillette nurse practitioner provides support during Bush funeral
Dec 09, 2018 04:56 AM PST
Health Sciences on Twitter
- Opioids continue to destroy lives across the country. But some dentists are fighting back.
dentistrytoday.com/news/todays-de…" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">dentistrytoday.com/news/todays-de… dentistrytoday.com/news/todays-de…" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">dentistrytoday.com/news/todays-de…20 minutes ago | DentistryToday
- RT @anti_doping: .@DrDavid_Hughes urges people to stop, pause, and have a careful think about the risks involved in taking #supplements. FO…3 hours ago | CJSMonline
- New @nytimes article makes for difficult reading if you care about unbiased medical research nyti.ms/2G8UXvq3 hours ago | CJSMonline
- RT @JAMA_current: Most patients with #hepatitisC should take direct-acting antivirals, 1 pill once a day for 8-12 weeks. Patients are consi…3 hours ago | JAMAInternalMed
- Remember the chalk test before you got into dental school? Some schools don't use it anymore.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4 hours ago | DentistryToday
- RT @SuppVersity: #IntuitiveEaters: In new RCT cyclists achieved similar levels of recovery during the prolonged, free-living period with an…4 hours ago | APNMjournal
- RT @SWexner: Diagnosis and Management of Nonalcoholic Liver Disease ja.ma/2zIXx5A @JAMA_current @JAMANetworkOpen @JAMANetwork @AA…4 hours ago | JAMAInternalMed
- RT @DorothyMDavisRN: Monitoring Your Blood Pressure ja.ma/2zG9t8b
Reference: @JAMANetworkOpen https://t.co/7o76Jr6Lcs, photo: pic.twitter.com/7o76Jr6Lcs5 hours ago | JAMAInternalMed
- RT @hjluks: Most of you can/should avoid knee surgery for degenerative meniscus tears...
howardluksmd.com/knee/meniscus-…6 hours ago | CJSMonline
- Federal government data indicate that sign-ups “through the federal website spr.ly/6018EGxpo, which manages… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…6 hours ago | AmerMedicalAssn