Health Sciences Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the MERLOT Health Sciences Portal, an educational resource for health professionals. You are invited to join MERLOT―it's free―and contribute to this growing community of health professionals, health professional educators, and students by using the learning materials, submitting your own modules and assignments for evaluation, and learning ideas to help you learn as well as teach in a variety of settings.
If you have any questions, contact the Editor of the Health Sciences Editorial Board,
Liza Mayeux at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This overview and information is for health care professionals and students to understand and value the upcoming technology and medical advances related to genomics. It can be used in the classroom as a Powerpoint Presentation or assigned to students or health care staff for self-study.
This e book discusses Hearing aid from the perspective of otolaryngologist.
Introduction to Nursing
This LibGuides-based open textbook was created through a Round 13 Textbook Transformation Grant. The text covers an...
Images for Pharmacy Tech
Download the perfect pharmacy pictures. Find over 100+ of the best free pharmacy images. Free for commercial use ✓ No...
COVID-19 Comprehensive Resource for Education, Health, and Administrative Services
This resource, which was funded by the New York State OER Grant, is curated and maintained by Dr. Jose Nanin, Professor...
SARS-CoV-2 spike protein mutations
UK and South African mutant lineages of COVID-19 have increased contagion. The locations of these mutations in the spike...
The Dietary Supplements And Books In The World
The S.T.O.P. Practice: Creating Space Around Automatic Reactions - Mindful
Rhonda Magee takes us through this simple portable mindfulness practice she uses to find calm when difficult moments...
This Loving-Kindness Meditation is a Radical Act of Love - Mindful
Jon Kabat-Zinn leads a guided meditation for deep healing of ourselves and others. Follow this practice to soften states...
Biblioteca de Imagens Radiográficas
A Biblioteca de imagens radiológicas conta com imagens de radiografias intrabucais, panorâmicas, tomografias...
Transitions to Professional Nursing Practice - 2nd Edition - Open Textbook Library
Transitions to Professional Nursing Practice provides a pivotal learning experience for students transitioning from an...
Nursing Pharmacology - Open Textbook Library
This open access Nursing Pharmacology textbook is designed for entry-level undergraduate nursing students. It explains...
Education - Minnesota Nurses Association
MNA offers a wide range of learning opportunities at no cost to expand your personal and professional growth through the...
Online Nursing Education: Virtual Classrooms and Clinical Simulations Help Meet Student Needs
Over the last two decades, nursing not only has been a leader in online education, but the online environment has become...
Mama Natural - Pregnancy, Babies, Parenting & Health Tips
Whether you’re pregnant, caring for baby, interested in gentle parenting, or just want to be more natural, you’ll find...
Life Cycle of Corona Virus
A free online platform for science education from Harvard University
All consuming: building a healthier food system for people and planet
This report explains that more than 20% of global carbon emissions comes from agriculture and food production, and half...
Dental Hygiene| Clinical Skills
This website contains a library collection of videos on procedures and techniques in basic and advanced instrumentation,...
Dental Hygiene| Introduction to the three C's of gingival description
It is an essential part of the dental hygiene clinician role to correctly classifying the state of gingival health by...
Introduction to descriptive statistics for nurses.
This OER video includes closed caption and is an introduction to descriptive statistics for nurses. Intended Audience:...
The PICOT question in nursing
This OER video that includes closed captions explains the PICOT question in nursing. Intended Audience: Those learning...
Introduction to Qualitative Research Designs
This OER video that includes closed captions introduces qualitative research designs commonly used in nursing. Intended...
From the garden: Qualitative data collection methods in nursing.
CC BY NC. This video explains an overall of qualitative data collection methods commonly used in nursing for students of...
How to Write Paragraph Summaries of Research Articles!
In this short virtual chapter, you will learn how to write paragraph summaries of nursing research studies for your...
Home | ADHA - American Dental Hygienists Association
The American Dental Hygienists' Association (ADHA) is the largest national organization representing the professional...
Brittany WebsterAthabasca University
Lindsey WeigmanUniversity of North Carolina System - Wilmington
Lonnie MillsCollege of the Desert
Maida Fatima ChanSaint Louis University
Dr Lynn StoneWellness Realm
Mary BemkerWalden University
Rosemary FromerIndiana Wesleyan University,Marion
Suzanne DortOld Dominion University
Evan InfanzonPensacola Junior College
Phano SomPhiladelphia College of Pharmacy and Science
LUZ DEL CARMEN RIVERA MARQUEZBenemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla
Nancy SinclairMcMaster University
JHEIMY AVENDAÑOBenemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla
Alicia GreenNortheast High School
Kristi BoothConestoga College of Applied Arts and Technology
Selene Lopez SanchezBenemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla
Kaitlin MayerConestoga College of Applied Arts and Technology
Ummi Kalthom Che OthmanUniversiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UnisZa)
Jennifer MalkowskiCalifornia State University, Chico
Jessica PillsburySouthwest Tennessee Community College
Beverly BanksAlpena Community/Technical College
Timothy ColbertDelta State University
Kevin Hermes TenaUniversidad de Sta. Isabel
Materials by Discipline
- Audiology (4)
- Cancer (471)
- Cardiology (206)
- Dentistry (59)
- Dermatology (38)
- Ear, Nose, and Throat (69)
- Endocrinology (98)
- Epidemiology (91)
- Exercise Science (39)
- Gastroenterology (126)
- Genetics and Infectious Disease (251)
- Geriatrics (63)
- Healthcare Administration (52)
- Hematology (91)
- Internal Medicine (72)
- Medical Laboratory Technology (50)
- Mental Health (549)
- Nephrology (102)
- Neurology (329)
- Nursing Education (183)
- Nursing (1020)
- Nutrition (176)
- OB and Gyn (247)
- Ophthalmology (42)
- Orthopedics (131)
- Other (271)
- Pathology (37)
- Pediatrics (155)
- Pharmacy (137)
- Preventive Medicine (30)
- Public Health (491)
- Pulmonary Medicine (52)
- Radiology (74)
- Rheumatology (7)
- Sports Medicine (26)
- Surgery (220)
- Therapeutics (36)
- Toxicology (19)
- Veterinary Medicine (34)
Journals & Publications
- The American Nurse
- Nursing Management
- The Nurse Practitioner
- JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association
- Journal of Dental Hygiene
- Journal of the American Dental Association
- Online Journal of Nursing Informatics
- Online Journal of Issues in Nursing
- American Society of Health SystemsPharmacist (ASHP)
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy(ACCP)
- American Society of ConsultantPharmacists (ASCP)
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM)
- PLOS (Public Library of Science)
- Applied Physiology Nutrition and Metabolism
- Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine
- European Journal of Sport Science
- International Journal of Epidemiology
- International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport
- International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism
- International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance
- Journal of Applied Psychology
- Journal of Athletic Training
- Journal of Biomechanics
- Journal of International Society of Sports Nutrition
- Journal of Physiology
- Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Journal of Sport Management
- Journal of Sport Rehabilitation
- Journal of Sports Sciences
- Journal of Applied Physiology
Health Sciences on the Web
Health Sciences on Twitter
- Long overshadowed by colonoscopy, at-home stool-based screening tests are resurging as non-emergency procedures hav… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 hours ago | JAMAInternalMed
- A study published in #BMCMedEduc evaluates the experiences of reflective practice among the participants in Aqoon:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…3 hours ago | BioMedCentral
- "Unity and cooperation is absolutely essential in this challenging new phase of the pandemic." AMA president,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…3 hours ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- Missed an episode of the @CDC_Firstline vlog? Check out this one where Dr. Abby Carlson discusses respiratory dropl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4 hours ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- .@POTUS's first executive actions offer hope in executing a coordinated approach needed to cease the spread of… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Radio icon Tom Joyner shared with AMA Immediate-past president, @PatriceHarrisMD, how his health issues inspired hi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Reach out & remind a #student nurse #WeAreInThisTogether. Our #healthynurse #studentnurse #wellness challenge can h… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…5 hours ago | ANANursingWorld
- RT @KimLomisMD: Reflections on the tremendous innovation accomplished with our @AmerMedicalAssn #ChangeMedEd consortium colleagues! Thanks…
- “The important thing about imagination is that it gives you optimism.”—former APA President Dr. Martin Seligman, on… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…5 hours ago | APA
- Researchers found brief, simple resistance activity bouts every 30 min, but not every 60 min, increased mean femora… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…5 hours ago | ajpheartcirc