Health Sciences Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the MERLOT Health Sciences Portal, an educational resource for health professionals. You are invited to join MERLOT―it's free―and contribute to this growing community of health professionals, health professional educators, and students by using the learning materials, submitting your own modules and assignments for evaluation, and learning ideas to help you learn as well as teach in a variety of settings.
If you have any questions, contact the Editor of the Health Sciences Editorial Board,
Liza Mayeux at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This overview and information is for health care professionals and students to understand and value the upcoming technology and medical advances related to genomics. It can be used in the classroom as a Powerpoint Presentation or assigned to students or health care staff for self-study.
Introduction to Queer Studies
What’s this course all about? Focuses on the lives and contributions of queer people in cultural, historical, and social...
The Stop Snoring and Sleep Apnea Solution
Christian Goodman’s The Stop Snoring and Sleep Apnea Program is an 3-minute exercises solution for snoring and sleep...
Clinical Policy Guidelines for Abortion Care
2018, Clinical Policy Guidelines for Abortion Care, National Abortion Federation,...
Second Trimester Dilation and Evacuation Abortion
2017, Second Trimester Dilation and Evacuation Abortion, Vanessa Dalton, MD, University of Michigan,...
Second-Trimester Abortion: A Toolkit for Service Delivery
2014, Second-Trimester Abortion: A Toolkit for Service Delivery, iPas,...
Second Trimester Abortion
2018, Second Trimester Abortion, Munir Kassa Eshetu, Meghan Obermeyer, Center for International Reproductive Health...
2019, Papaya Workshop online for manual vacuum aspiration, IUD placement, gynecologic skills, Jody Steinauer et al,...
The Papaya Workshop: Using the Papaya to Teach Intrauterine Gynecologic Procedures
2013, The Papaya Workshop: Using the Papaya to Teach Intrauterine Gynecologic Procedures, Jody Steinauer et al,...
Medical Abortion Study Guide, Second Edition
2013, Medical abortion training guide (second ed.), K. L. Turner (Ed.), Ipas,...
Medical Abortion Reference Guide: Induced abortion and postabortion care at or after 13 weeks gestation (‘second trimester’)
2017, Medical Abortion Reference Guide: Induced abortion and postabortion care at or after 13 weeks gestation, Alison...
Comprehensive Abortion Care Part 2
2017, Comprehensive Abortion Care Part 2, Dr. Yonas Getachew, MD, Clinical Advisor, Center for International Reproductive...
Comprehensive Abortion Care part 1
2017, Comprehensive Abortion Care part 1, Dr. Yonas Getachew, MD, Clinical Advisor, Center for International Reproductive...
Comprehensive Abortion Care
2018, Comprehensive Abortion Care, Dr. Diomede Ntasumbumuyange, University of Rwanda,...
Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Strategy
Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Strategy (The Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Solution) overcame fatty liver disease in 3...
Introduction To LGBTQ+ Studies
LGBTQ Studies: An Open Introduction will be an introductory level LGBTQ Studies OER text. The few textbooks in this area...
Early Abortion Training Workbook | TEACH
2016, TEACH Early Abortion Training. Workbook, Fifth Edition, University of California San Francisco Bixby Center for...
Safe abortion: technical and policy guidance for health systems
2012, Safe abortion: technical and policy guidance technical and policy guidance for health systems, Second Edition,...
Introduction to Cancer Concepts: A Guidebook for the Non-Oncologist
This chapter in Cancer Concepts: A Guidebook for the Non-Oncologist presents an introduction to the Guidebook, which...
Principles of Radiation Oncology
This chapter in Cancer Concepts: a Guidebook for the Non-Oncologist describes the principles of Radiation Oncology....
Treatment of Cancer Pain
Pain is one of the first concerns most cancer patients express when newly diagnosed or meeting a new physician. They are...
Lung Cancer and Mesothelioma
This chapter in Cancer Concepts: A Guidebook for the Non-Oncologist presents an overview of lung cancer and mesothelioma,...
Environmental and Infectious Causes of Malignancy
This chapter in Cancer Concepts: A Guidebook for the Non-Oncologist presents a summary of the most relevant causative...
Principles of Multidisciplinary Management
This chapter in Cancer Concepts: a Guidebook for the Non-Oncologist describes the principles of multi-disciplinary...
Head and Neck Cancers: Cancer Concepts: A Guidebook for the Non-Oncologist
This chapter in Cancer Concepts: A Guidebook for the Non-Oncologist presents an overview of head and neck cancers,...
Patricia SheltonFoundation for Advanced Education in the Sciences
maria ibarrawestern dental & orthodontics
Ariel FergusonOld Dominion University
Max WoodNatural Science
Sergio MarteMercy College
Basem GaradaHarvard Medical School
Christian SmithHealth Science
Rani VajraveluUniversity of Central Florida
Okeanis VaouTufts University
Andy WheelerWesleyan College
Donna ThompsonCase Western Reserve University
Materials by Discipline
- Audiology (4)
- Cancer (468)
- Cardiology (195)
- Dentistry (55)
- Dermatology (36)
- Ear, Nose, and Throat (68)
- Endocrinology (96)
- Epidemiology (86)
- Exercise Science (38)
- Gastroenterology (124)
- Genetics and Infectious Disease (241)
- Geriatrics (59)
- Healthcare Administration (42)
- Hematology (91)
- Internal Medicine (70)
- Medical Laboratory Technology (47)
- Mental Health (541)
- Nephrology (100)
- Neurology (326)
- Nursing Education (161)
- Nursing (877)
- Nutrition (172)
- OB and Gyn (243)
- Ophthalmology (40)
- Orthopedics (130)
- Other (272)
- Pathology (36)
- Pediatrics (147)
- Pharmacy (132)
- Preventive Medicine (26)
- Public Health (485)
- Pulmonary Medicine (49)
- Radiology (70)
- Rheumatology (6)
- Sports Medicine (27)
- Surgery (219)
- Therapeutics (34)
- Toxicology (18)
- Veterinary Medicine (34)
Journals & Publications
- The American Nurse
- Nursing Management
- The Nurse Practitioner
- JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association
- Journal of Dental Hygiene
- Journal of the American Dental Association
- Online Journal of Nursing Informatics
- Online Journal of Issues in Nursing
- American Society of Health SystemsPharmacist (ASHP)
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy(ACCP)
- American Society of ConsultantPharmacists (ASCP)
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM)
- PLOS (Public Library of Science)
- Applied Physiology Nutrition and Metabolism
- Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine
- European Journal of Sport Science
- International Journal of Epidemiology
- International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport
- International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism
- International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance
- Journal of Applied Psychology
- Journal of Athletic Training
- Journal of Biomechanics
- Journal of International Society of Sports Nutrition
- Journal of Physiology
- Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Journal of Sport Management
- Journal of Sport Rehabilitation
- Journal of Sports Sciences
- Journal of Applied Physiology
Health Sciences on the Web
City of Appleton bans conversion therapy for minors
Jan 22, 2020 10:22 PM PST
Iowa Department of Public Health Said Coronavirus Risk Remains Low in Iowa
Jan 22, 2020 07:11 PM PST
UF public health college holds open forums in the wake of sexual harassment cases
Jan 22, 2020 05:30 PM PST
Prisma Health launches its Community Health Mobile Unit to provide free services
Jan 22, 2020 05:07 PM PST
Physician Thrive | For Physicians
Jan 22, 2020 04:49 PM PST
How FlyNutrition is elevating the standard for nutritional therapy
Jan 22, 2020 04:22 PM PST
Clinical Practice Guideline for the Treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Snoring with Oral ...
Jan 22, 2020 04:06 PM PST
Therapy bull inspires seniors to grab life by the horns
Jan 22, 2020 03:48 PM PST
Utah Becomes Latest State To Ban Discredited LGBTQ 'Conversion Therapy'
Jan 22, 2020 03:15 PM PST
TinCaps set to host 7th annual Parkview Sports Medicine Baseball Series
Jan 22, 2020 02:52 PM PST
A venture capitalist is giving free therapy to his portfolio-company founders after his own battle with ...
Jan 22, 2020 01:47 PM PST
H.R. 4305, Puppies Assisting Wounded Servicemembers for Veterans Therapy Act
Jan 22, 2020 01:45 PM PST
FDA clears IND application for natural killer cell therapy for glioblastoma multiforme
Jan 22, 2020 01:11 PM PST
St. Joseph's Community Health Foundation distributing $315K
Jan 22, 2020 12:15 PM PST
Public Health Experts Say Coronavirus Exposure May Be Wider Than China Admits
Jan 22, 2020 12:09 PM PST
R-CHOP Plus Rituximab Maintenance Therapy Safe, Effective in Older Patients With MCL
Jan 22, 2020 10:56 AM PST
New Gene Therapy In Mice Could Offer Lasting Protection Against Nerve Agents
Jan 22, 2020 10:56 AM PST
Health Sciences on Twitter
- RT @NatMachIntell: Take a look at our one year anniversary collection with highlights from 2019 go.nature.com/2R1RWAs (free to access); R…1 hour ago | BioMedCentral
- ja.ma/2DV18iI1 hour ago | JAMAInternalMed
- The effect of carbohydrate and caffeine mouth rinsing on competitor Taekwondo athletes kicking performance during R… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 hour ago | JSportsSci
- RT @SNApplSci: Only a year ago the first issue of SN Applied Sciences was published, and here we are celebrating the publication of the 200…2 hours ago | BioMedCentral
- “Deadlines give us the sense that we are really on our way and that we will achieve the goal – soon!” ― John Patric… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 hours ago | E_C_S_S
- Gonadal Hormones may Predict Structural Bone Fragility in Elite Female Soccer Player
#JSSAcceptedToday https://t.co/ayOFoDoafM, photo: pic.twitter.com/ayOFoDoafM2 hours ago | JSportsSci
- ja.ma/2qrvPJk2 hours ago | JAMAInternalMed
- ja.ma/33WEJwj3 hours ago | JAMAInternalMed
- How physically literate are children today? A baseline assessment of Greek children 8-12 years of age… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4 hours ago | JSportsSci
- Outstanding performances during elite-standard short and middle-distance finals and the hyperandrogenism regulation… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4 hours ago | JSportsSci