Health Sciences Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the MERLOT Health Sciences Portal, an educational resource for health professionals. You are invited to join MERLOT―it's free―and contribute to this growing community of health professionals, health professional educators, and students by using the learning materials, submitting your own modules and assignments for evaluation, and learning ideas to help you learn as well as teach in a variety of settings.
If you have any questions, contact the Editor of the Health Sciences Editorial Board,
Liza Mayeux at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This overview and information is for health care professionals and students to understand and value the upcoming technology and medical advances related to genomics. It can be used in the classroom as a Powerpoint Presentation or assigned to students or health care staff for self-study.
Final Poster Session
Final poster session of Summer internship with TARGET PharmaSolutions.
Major Histocompatibility Complex MHC Protein Structure and Function
Video Tutorial with Quiz & open-ended questions: Major Histocompatibility Complex (MHC) molecular structure and how it...
Exercise Science 335: Kinesiology & Biomechanics
The OER content in this course shell consists of readings, labs, and homework assignments for a 300-level Kinesiology &...
Impact of Doulas on Healthy Birth Outcomes
Birth outcomes of two groups of socially disadvantaged mothers at risk for adverse birth outcomes, one receiving prebirth...
Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses Student Resources
This website is beneficial to those interested in Labor and Delivery, postpartum, antepartum nursing. Student nurses can...
Factile | #1 Jeopardy Review Game | Pediatric Nursing
The #1 Jeopardy-style classroom review game now supports remote learning online. It’s Free, Easy and Loads of fun! Create...
Preeclampsia and Eclampsia
Preeclampsia and Eclampsia - handy infographic.
Acute Otitis Media (Causes, Pathophysiology, signs and symptoms, treatment and complications)
Visual explanation for Acute Otitis Media infection.
RNpedia - Drugs for Pharmacology
Comprehensive and detailed drug studies of the most commonly use drugs in clinical nursing. Make sure to study these...
COVID-19 Response Webinar Series
Link to all past and upcoming webinars regarding COVID-19 responses.
NCLEX Review and Nursing Test Prep
Need to pass the NCLEX? Kaplan Nursing is your source for NCLEX review courses, NCLEX practice tests, and much more....
Be Confident Protecting Yourself and Providing the Best Care to Your Patients during this COVID-19 Pandemic - On Demand
Be Confident Protecting Yourself and Providing the Best Care to Your Patients during this COVID-19 Pandemic - On Demand...
Case Studies in Cardiac Dysfunction After Acute Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
Patients with acute aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH) often present with more than just neurological compromise. A...
The Impact of Informatics on Nursing Education: A Review of the Literature
The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing | On the basis of a study by the Institute of Medicine, the current health...
Nursing Mnemonics and Tips
Helpful nursing mnemonics and tips to get you through nursing school! Check out these collection of the best memory aids...
Nursing Made Incredibly Easy
Containing over 50 titles The Made Incredibly Easy, Made Incredibly Quick! and Made Incredibly Visual! books help you...
Teaching and Learning in Nursing | Vol 15, Issue 4, In progress (October 2020) | ScienceDirect.com
Associate degree of nursing learning journal
Teaching Cultural Competence in Nursing and Health Care:... : Nursing Education Perspectives
Teaching cultural competence in a hospital setting.
Drugs.com | Prescription Drug Information, Interactions & Side Effects
Prescription drug information and news for professionals and consumers. Search our drug database for comprehensive...
Global Health @ Peru
"Webcountry" that covers global health perspectives. In-depth review of the health system in Peru Review of key health...
Understanding the COVID-19 Pandemic
Johns Hopkins University is hosting a free, publicly available course titled Understanding the COVID-19 Pandemic:...
Retina Basics Video - TimRoot.com
This introduction to the retina covers all the basics: anatomy, diabetic retinopathy, retinal detachments, and macular...
Endometriosis | Womenshealth.gov
Endometriosis is especially common among women in their 30s and 40s. Learn about its symptoms and treatments.
Nursing Modules for Care of Older Adult Patients
entry page for nurse training modules regarding geriatrics
Samara gordonFranklin University
Terri JohnsonSouthern University - Shreveport Bossier City
Cornelia FinkbeinerSan Jose State University
Immaculee BENIMANAUniversity of Rwanda
John VarleyCalifornia State University, Fullerton
Eileen LindemannSage Colleges,The
Linda SamsonGovernors State University
Stephanie WilcherEast Carolina University
Staci McMinnTaft Union High School District
Michelle BrooksBaltimore City Community/Technical College
A TremblayCharter College
Sameer GulatiVardhman Mahavir Medical College, New Delhi
Shilpa SunejaVardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital
jerin rajanShri vinoba bahve college of nursing , Silvassa
Nuanchan ChutabhakdikulMahidol University
Melodie KolmetzIthaca College
Venus McCoyCity Colleges of Chicago - Malcolm X College
Shannon ThomasonGuilford Technical Community/Technical College
Maria TomásEscola Superior de Tecnologia da Saude de Lisboa - ESTeSL
Tanya MaierNeurodiagnostic Technology Institute
Anna LangstonUniversity of Memphis
David DialKnox County Schools
Materials by Discipline
- Audiology (4)
- Cancer (469)
- Cardiology (203)
- Dentistry (57)
- Dermatology (37)
- Ear, Nose, and Throat (69)
- Endocrinology (98)
- Epidemiology (90)
- Exercise Science (39)
- Gastroenterology (125)
- Genetics and Infectious Disease (250)
- Geriatrics (62)
- Healthcare Administration (51)
- Hematology (91)
- Internal Medicine (71)
- Medical Laboratory Technology (49)
- Mental Health (549)
- Nephrology (101)
- Neurology (327)
- Nursing Education (178)
- Nursing (984)
- Nutrition (176)
- OB and Gyn (244)
- Ophthalmology (42)
- Orthopedics (131)
- Other (269)
- Pathology (37)
- Pediatrics (155)
- Pharmacy (136)
- Preventive Medicine (29)
- Public Health (489)
- Pulmonary Medicine (52)
- Radiology (73)
- Rheumatology (7)
- Sports Medicine (26)
- Surgery (220)
- Therapeutics (35)
- Toxicology (19)
- Veterinary Medicine (34)
Journals & Publications
- The American Nurse
- Nursing Management
- The Nurse Practitioner
- JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association
- Journal of Dental Hygiene
- Journal of the American Dental Association
- Online Journal of Nursing Informatics
- Online Journal of Issues in Nursing
- American Society of Health SystemsPharmacist (ASHP)
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy(ACCP)
- American Society of ConsultantPharmacists (ASCP)
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM)
- PLOS (Public Library of Science)
- Applied Physiology Nutrition and Metabolism
- Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine
- European Journal of Sport Science
- International Journal of Epidemiology
- International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport
- International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism
- International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance
- Journal of Applied Psychology
- Journal of Athletic Training
- Journal of Biomechanics
- Journal of International Society of Sports Nutrition
- Journal of Physiology
- Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Journal of Sport Management
- Journal of Sport Rehabilitation
- Journal of Sports Sciences
- Journal of Applied Physiology
Health Sciences on the Web
Lexington physician explains why false positives happen
Aug 08, 2020 08:11 PM PDT
SPORTS MEDICINE: COVID-19 complications just commencing?
Aug 08, 2020 05:33 PM PDT
Ottawa Public Health asks businesses to encourage mask use by staff in break rooms, kitchens
Aug 08, 2020 05:00 PM PDT
New public health emergency makes way for additional FoodShare benefits
Aug 08, 2020 04:15 PM PDT
ASCO20 Virtual: Hormonal Therapy for mCSPC: With So Many Options, How Does One Choose?
Aug 08, 2020 03:18 PM PDT
Tewksbury Public Health Museum launches Pandemic Project
Aug 08, 2020 02:00 PM PDT
Ramona gym owner facing charges of violating public health orders
Aug 08, 2020 01:26 PM PDT
Herbert extends executive orders regarding public health risk, masks in state facilities
Aug 08, 2020 01:14 PM PDT
ASCO20 Virtual: Precision Therapy in Urothelial Cancer: New Molecular Enrichment Approaches
Aug 08, 2020 12:18 PM PDT
Dane County Supervisors call on public health officials to shine light on Epic's controversial re ...
Aug 08, 2020 11:56 AM PDT
Public health alert issued for smoked sausage products due to possible contamination with Listeria ...
Aug 08, 2020 11:22 AM PDT
Darien occupational therapy assistant marks fifth anniversary at Seneca Health Care Center
Aug 08, 2020 10:48 AM PDT
Public Health Officials Announce 2190 New Confirmed Cases of Coronavirus Disease
Aug 08, 2020 09:52 AM PDT
Kern public health: 11 new deaths, 617 additional cases and 315 recoveries
Aug 08, 2020 09:41 AM PDT
Statement from the Chief Public Health Officer of Canada on August 8, 2020
Aug 08, 2020 08:56 AM PDT
Pueblo public health director thrown into the fire
Aug 08, 2020 08:22 AM PDT
More therapists opt for remote therapy amid coronavirus crisis
Aug 08, 2020 08:09 AM PDT
Health Sciences on Twitter
- Journalists are faced with the unique challenge of educating the public about who is being hit the hardest by… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 hour ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- #COVID19 has transformed clinical care in the U.S.--instigating changes that reduce administrative burdens and impr… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 hours ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- The #COVID19 pandemic is brimming with misinformation. In part 1 of a 2 part series, @vishplus discusses the digita… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…3 hours ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- ja.ma/3kBAQGC #meded #medtwitter3 hours ago | JAMAInternalMed
- Great faculty great resource twitter.com/theamssm/statu…4 hours ago | CJSMonline
- RT @TheAMSSM: AMSSM's Dr. Sam Dona reminds athletes not only to follow state guidelines to protect themselves from COVID-19, but to take ot…4 hours ago | CJSMonline
- .@OchsnerHealth has long made strides to improve the well-being of their health care workers. Learn how they quickl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4 hours ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- RT @TiffanyOsh: Hey #APA2020 folks, let’s #SaturdayShoutOut folks you connected with and learned from @APAconvention - I’ll start w/ @anne…5 hours ago | APA
- Our #COVID19 resource center keeps you informed and up to date with coronavirus news. It includes updates from… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…5 hours ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- Cross-sectional study finds 80% of physicians experience fatigue within 22 minutes of continuous #EHR use, leading… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…5 hours ago | JAMAInternalMed