Health Sciences Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the MERLOT Health Sciences Portal, an educational resource for health professionals. You are invited to join MERLOT―it's free―and contribute to this growing community of health professionals, health professional educators, and students by using the learning materials, submitting your own modules and assignments for evaluation, and learning ideas to help you learn as well as teach in a variety of settings.
If you have any questions, contact the Editor of the Health Sciences Editorial Board,
Liza Mayeux at email@example.com.
This overview and information is for health care professionals and students to understand and value the upcoming technology and medical advances related to genomics. It can be used in the classroom as a Powerpoint Presentation or assigned to students or health care staff for self-study.
The BEST Place to Learn Nursing 👩⚕️👨⚕️| NURSING.com
Start a trial today! 270,000+ nurses and nursing students use NURSING.com courses, cheat sheets, and practice questions...
Pill Identifier and Drug list - Apps on Google Play
Pill Identifier and Drug List – Patient Care Edition is a FREE tool that helps you identify Brand and Generic drugs by...
Lung Sounds | Over 50 Lessons, Reference Guides and Quiz
Over 50 lung sounds that can help nurses assess their patient better.
Calculating Dosages Online
Used for calculating medication dosages, practice with educational modules.
Rehab Techniques in Oncology Workbook - Jodi Steele, PT | Niagara College Digital Archive
This workbook was created by physical therapist Jodi Steele to provide information on appropriate rehabilitation...
Lymphedema Workbook - Jodi Steele, PT | Niagara College Digital Archive
This workbook outlines appropriate treatments and techniques for physical therapists treating lymphedema. Contents...
Nutrition Resources | The Children's Hospital at Montefiore
This is a helpful guide/worksheet for counting carbohydrates. Nurses could use this in early diabetes education or school...
Quality of life in adults with brain tumors: Current knowledge and future directions
Quality of life is an important area of clinical neurooncology that is increasingly relevant as survivorship increases...
“Bad Breath”: An integrated case study of alcoholic liver disease for first year medical students.
Alcoholic liver disease represents a timeless teaching opportunity for health professional students. Due to the...
What is CAR T-Cell Therapy?
How CAR T-cell therapy holds promise for patients with certain types of lymphoma and leukemia when other treatments have...
N95 Masks' Efficiency Can Be Restored With Electricity: Smart Masks May Follow
IEEE Spectrum Recharging N95 masks restores filtering ability to like-new levels for reuse—and opens the door for...
Jim Allison: Breakthrough (film) and Educator Toolkit
Educators can use the toolkit as a whole or borrow pieces to meet their unique learning objectives and circumstances. You...
Online Resources for Science Laboratories (POD) - Remote Teaching
Online Resources for Science Laboratories (POD) - Remote Teaching. This is a live document. For many subjects and...
Open Scholarship Knowledge Base
The Open Scholarship Knowledge Base contains resources created, curated, and contributed by the Open Scholarship...
Transitions to Professional Nursing Practice
This text provides a pivotal learning experience for students transitioning from an associ- ate degree education to a...
Open at the Margins: Critical Perspectives on Open Education
Open At The Margins: Critical Perspectives on Open Education is a pertinent book on Open Education, "containing 38...
Major Histocompatibility Complex MHC Protein Structure and Function
Video Tutorial with Quiz & open-ended questions: Major Histocompatibility Complex (MHC) molecular structure and how it...
Exercise Science 335: Kinesiology & Biomechanics
The OER content in this course shell consists of readings, labs, and homework assignments for a 300-level Kinesiology &...
Impact of Doulas on Healthy Birth Outcomes
Birth outcomes of two groups of socially disadvantaged mothers at risk for adverse birth outcomes, one receiving prebirth...
Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses Student Resources
This website is beneficial to those interested in Labor and Delivery, postpartum, antepartum nursing. Student nurses can...
Factile | #1 Jeopardy Review Game | Pediatric Nursing
The #1 Jeopardy-style classroom review game now supports remote learning online. It’s Free, Easy and Loads of fun! Create...
Preeclampsia and Eclampsia
Preeclampsia and Eclampsia - handy infographic.
Acute Otitis Media (Causes, Pathophysiology, signs and symptoms, treatment and complications)
Visual explanation for Acute Otitis Media infection.
RNpedia - Drugs for Pharmacology
Comprehensive and detailed drug studies of the most commonly use drugs in clinical nursing. Make sure to study these...
DeMarcus WoolforkMedical University of South Carolina
Chelsea KuykendallOld Dominion University
Stacey WarnerCalifornia State University, Los Angeles
Kristina SeymourOld Dominion University
Alyssa StanleyOld Dominion University
Kemisola AdeyemiOld Dominion University
Robyn PrattUniversity of North Carolina at Wilmington
Darlange PrevilOld Dominion University
TERESA KRISTEKUniversity of North Carolina System - Wilmington
Jordan WhiteOld Dominion University
Lidia LeeEastern Michigan University
Lindsay McCormickHCA CJW Medical Center
Matt FalconeCleveland State University
Meredith WingoOld Dominion University
Jefferson SvengsoukUniversity of Rochester
Donna PoliquinOld Dominion University
Samantha RudolphOld Dominion University
Stephen FullerWestern Governor's University
Cassandra TaylorSouthwest Tennessee Community College
Teresa ConnollyUniversity of Colorado System - Health Sciences Center
Madelyn HallWest Virginia University
Samantha HatcherWest Virginia University
Materials by Discipline
- Audiology (4)
- Cancer (471)
- Cardiology (203)
- Dentistry (57)
- Dermatology (37)
- Ear, Nose, and Throat (69)
- Endocrinology (98)
- Epidemiology (90)
- Exercise Science (39)
- Gastroenterology (126)
- Genetics and Infectious Disease (250)
- Geriatrics (62)
- Healthcare Administration (51)
- Hematology (91)
- Internal Medicine (72)
- Medical Laboratory Technology (49)
- Mental Health (549)
- Nephrology (101)
- Neurology (328)
- Nursing Education (179)
- Nursing (986)
- Nutrition (176)
- OB and Gyn (244)
- Ophthalmology (42)
- Orthopedics (131)
- Other (269)
- Pathology (37)
- Pediatrics (155)
- Pharmacy (136)
- Preventive Medicine (29)
- Public Health (488)
- Pulmonary Medicine (52)
- Radiology (73)
- Rheumatology (7)
- Sports Medicine (26)
- Surgery (220)
- Therapeutics (35)
- Toxicology (19)
- Veterinary Medicine (34)
Journals & Publications
- The American Nurse
- Nursing Management
- The Nurse Practitioner
- JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association
- Journal of Dental Hygiene
- Journal of the American Dental Association
- Online Journal of Nursing Informatics
- Online Journal of Issues in Nursing
- American Society of Health SystemsPharmacist (ASHP)
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy(ACCP)
- American Society of ConsultantPharmacists (ASCP)
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM)
- PLOS (Public Library of Science)
- Applied Physiology Nutrition and Metabolism
- Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine
- European Journal of Sport Science
- International Journal of Epidemiology
- International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport
- International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism
- International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance
- Journal of Applied Psychology
- Journal of Athletic Training
- Journal of Biomechanics
- Journal of International Society of Sports Nutrition
- Journal of Physiology
- Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Journal of Sport Management
- Journal of Sport Rehabilitation
- Journal of Sports Sciences
- Journal of Applied Physiology
Health Sciences on the Web
'I love this place': Marcfirst opening new, larger pediatric therapy space
Oct 24, 2020 05:00 AM PDT
Public Health Expert Warns Against COVID-19 Fatigue As Cases Rise
Oct 24, 2020 03:18 AM PDT
Patterns of online health information seeking after visiting a physician: perceptions of adolescents ...
Oct 24, 2020 01:57 AM PDT
Cook County Department of Public Health
Oct 23, 2020 10:41 PM PDT
Wheeling Hospital's Amy Butts makes list of top physician assistants
Oct 23, 2020 09:30 PM PDT
Maple City Physical Therapy welcomes 3 new physical therapists
Oct 23, 2020 09:07 PM PDT
Benefits and Options for Therapy
Oct 23, 2020 08:45 PM PDT
2 physician practices to join Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center next year
Oct 23, 2020 07:03 PM PDT
Austin Public Health prepares for COVID-19 vaccine with 'distribution coalition'
Oct 23, 2020 06:52 PM PDT
Light box therapy: How to combat seasonal depression with the power of light
Oct 23, 2020 06:30 PM PDT
Remote therapy provides new avenue for care
Oct 23, 2020 06:07 PM PDT
Public health officials release information on COVID-19 clusters in Dane County
Oct 23, 2020 04:22 PM PDT
St. Croix County keeps public health authority law on agenda as COVID numbers accelerate
Oct 23, 2020 04:15 PM PDT
Telemedicine Internal Medicine Physician - Virtual Urgent Care
Oct 23, 2020 04:03 PM PDT
Helena rallies behind physician who is out for unexplained reasons
Oct 23, 2020 04:03 PM PDT
Public Health Confirms One New COVID-19 Case
Oct 23, 2020 03:41 PM PDT
Coronavirus in Moffat County: Public Health announces 7 new cases since Monday
Oct 23, 2020 02:56 PM PDT
Covid-19 has exposed the US need to invest in public health
Oct 23, 2020 02:22 PM PDT
Public Health in the Time of a Pandemic: A Conversation with Dr. Barbara Ferrer
Oct 23, 2020 02:11 PM PDT
Health Sciences on Twitter
- The latest installment of our Prioritizing Equity panel features health care leaders discussing alternative approac… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…42 minutes ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- RT @JAMAInternalMed: ja.ma/32ybalI #meded #medtwitter1 hour ago | JAMAInternalMed
- ACSM Certified Professionals In The News | Fitness-related stories featuring #ACSMcertified practitioners… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 hour ago | ACSMNews
- What is the role of metabolism of β‐NAD in the #colon? Could modulating the duration and strength of purinergic neu… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 hour ago | JPhysiol
- Join @subailey & @CDCgov's Mike Bell, MD for a special webinar on @CDC_Firstline, the CDC's new national training c… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 hour ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- Our frequent failure to collect ethnicity data means we have no way of knowing if our trials truly represent the co… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 hours ago | BioMedCentral
- For those fighting #COVID19 on the front lines, @Headspace is offering free subscriptions to help maintain mindfuln… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 hours ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- As a powerful ally for international medical graduates, #OurAMA offers a robust collection of benefits for ECFMG-ce… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…9 hours ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- As this year's #IMGWeek comes to a close, take a look at the numbers that detail this vital part of the U.S. physic… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…10 hours ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- #OurAMA's Immediate Past Chair of the IMG section, Dr. King, will take care of over 200-300k people over the span o… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…11 hours ago | AmerMedicalAssn