Health Sciences Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the MERLOT Health Sciences Portal, an educational resource for health professionals. You are invited to join MERLOT―it's free―and contribute to this growing community of health professionals, health professional educators, and students by using the learning materials, submitting your own modules and assignments for evaluation, and learning ideas to help you learn as well as teach in a variety of settings.
If you have any questions, contact the Editor of the Health Sciences Editorial Board,
Kelly P. Massey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This overview and information is for health care professionals and students to understand and value the upcoming technology and medical advances related to genomics. It can be used in the classroom as a Powerpoint Presentation or assigned to students or health care staff for self-study.
Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children - Symptoms and causes
ADHD and ADD are learning disorders that affect up to 5 percent of U.S. children, but what does it really mean to have...
TotallyADD.com is the premier independent site for adults dealing with ADHD. Top experts. It was created for adults with...
Adult ADD/ADHD Documentary
The Adult Attention Deficit Disorder Center of Maryland focuses exclusively on the diagnosis and treatment of adult...
Self Help for Adult ADHD
So, you are an adult and you suspect that you many have Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (AADHD). First,...
Living with ADHD
Developing a thoughtful and coordinated approach to living with ADHD that all family members understand and can agree to...
ADHD Assessment and Diagnosis
Everyone has moments where they do something impulsive, such as blurt out something they didn't mean to say, or lose...
The Causes of ADHD
A multitude of research studies have examined the causes of ADHD. Even with this wealth of data, experts remain uncertain...
ADHD: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
ADHD is a neurological disorder that develops during childhood and can persist into adulthood. Although adult ADHD is...
Statistics on Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Journal Articles on ADHD
This webpage provides information on references and abstracts from MEDLINE/PubMed (National Library of Medicine)...
Attention-Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
People with ADHD may have trouble paying attention, controlling impulsive behaviors (may act without thinking about what...
ADHD: Signs, Symptoms, Research
NIMH researchers talk about the symptoms of ADHD as well as the latest research. ADHD- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity...
Could I Have Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)?
Do you feel that you have struggled throughout your life with poor concentration, inattention, impulsivity, or getting...
Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD): The Basics
Do you find it hard to pay attention? Do you feel the need to move constantly during times when you shouldn’t? Do you...
Depression and anxiety are mental health conditions that often coexist, but they aren't the same. This YouTube channel by...
Social Anxiety Documentary: Afraid of People
This is a documentary in which people with social anxiety explain their feelings and social anxiety scholars explain it....
Anxiety: Hibernate, Adapt, or Migrate
Summer Beretsky enjoys writing about her experiences with anxiety, panic, and Paxil. She had her first panic attack as an...
Turning Fear Into Fuel
This is a video of a Ted Talk that discusses how to turn fear from a source of anxiety and paralysis into fuel for action...
Anxiety Disorders: Theories and Therapies
Our knowledge about successful treatment for anxiety disorders continues to advance at an accelerated rate. This progress...
The Biopsychosocial Model: Causes of Pathological Anxiety
So what causes anxiety and anxiety disorders anyway? According to Edmund Bourne (2000), author of the highly popular The...
Information on Anxiety Disorders
Ask anyone to define anxiety and you will quickly realize there is no shortage of examples that people can provide....
Social anxiety disorder (social phobia) - Symptoms and causes
It's normal to feel nervous in some social situations. For example, going on a date or giving a presentation may cause...
Margaret ReneauSacred Heart University
Sameh Abou-BeihFayoum University
Gio MCity Colleges of Chicago - Malcolm X College
ALAN RIVERASan Diego City College
Sarah HirschUniversity of Southern Indiana
Lauren EnglishUniversity of Southern Indiana
Nelly LopezUniversity of Vermont
Alexa BrosmerUniversity of Southern Indiana
Victoria StewartUniversity of Southern Indiana
Sandra WEarneUpper Iowa University
Paige PattersonUniversity of Southern Indiana
Laurie ZielinskiMilwaukee Area Technical College
Sheila JimeneaUpper Iowa University
Ivelisse RuizWilson Technical Community/Technical College
Paige JonesUniversity of Southern Indiana
Kayte-Lynn KowalQueen`s University
SABRINA MADDENSamaritan Medical Center
Jacqueline GodinezUniversity of Southern Indiana
Jose QuintanaUniversity of Alabama - Birmingham
Mary OsuhUniversity of Ibadan and University College Hospital
Materials by Discipline
- Audiology (4)
- Cancer (461)
- Cardiology (197)
- Dentistry (56)
- Dermatology (36)
- Ear, Nose, and Throat (67)
- Endocrinology (93)
- Epidemiology (88)
- Exercise Science (37)
- Gastroenterology (124)
- General (473)
- Genetics and Infectious Disease (135)
- Geriatrics (56)
- Healthcare Administration (40)
- Hematology (91)
- Internal Medicine (66)
- Medical Laboratory Technology (44)
- Mental Health (185)
- Nephrology (104)
- Neurology (323)
- Nursing Education (135)
- Nursing (763)
- Nutrition (163)
- OB and Gyn (159)
- Ophthalmology (42)
- Orthopedics (132)
- Other (272)
- Pathology (36)
- Pediatrics (142)
- Pharmacy (130)
- Preventive Medicine (25)
- Public Health (485)
- Pulmonary Medicine (49)
- Radiology (72)
- Rheumatology (6)
- Sports Medicine (26)
- Surgery (220)
- Therapeutics (32)
- Toxicology (17)
- Veterinary Medicine (31)
Journals & Publications
- The American Nurse
- Nursing Management
- The Nurse Practitioner
- JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association
- Journal of Dental Hygiene
- Journal of the American Dental Association
- Online Journal of Nursing Informatics
- Online Journal of Issues in Nursing
- American Society of Health SystemsPharmacist (ASHP)
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy(ACCP)
- American Society of ConsultantPharmacists (ASCP)
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM)
- PLOS (Public Library of Science)
- Applied Physiology Nutrition and Metabolism
- Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine
- European Journal of Sport Science
- International Journal of Epidemiology
- International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport
- International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism
- International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance
- Journal of Applied Psychology
- Journal of Athletic Training
- Journal of Biomechanics
- Journal of International Society of Sports Nutrition
- Journal of Physiology
- Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Journal of Sport Management
- Journal of Sport Rehabilitation
- Journal of Sports Sciences
- Journal of Applied Physiology
Health Sciences on the Web
Health Sciences on Twitter
- #TrainingwithHumanKinetics Johnny Tiger Torres is in week 1 of training using the soon to be released, JC's Total B… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…20 minutes ago | Human_Kinetics
- By The Numbers: #MOOCs in 2018 @classcentral buff.ly/2BkhrEn https://t.co/fCmtNQVTkR, photo: pic.twitter.com/fCmtNQVTkR22 minutes ago | MERLOTorg
- I just added “Colgate” to Dentistry Today on #Vimeo: vimeo.com/channels/14226…24 minutes ago | DentistryToday
- Gift-giving doesn't have to be the focus of the season, but what do you tell your kids when they hand you a lengthy… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…26 minutes ago | APA
- I just uploaded “Colgate” to #Vimeo: vimeo.com/30578790142 minutes ago | DentistryToday
- Hackers want your data. What can you do to stop them? Dr. Lorne Lavine explains in our exclusive Q&A:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…50 minutes ago | DentistryToday
- #ArticlesInPress Early myocardial changes induced by doxorubicin in the non-failing dilated ventricle… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…52 minutes ago | ajpheartcirc
- RT @adrian_traeger: Gabapentinoids featured prominently in 2018 summary of overuse in @JAMAInternalMed:
Thanks t…53 minutes ago | JAMAInternalMed
- From burnout to payouts, we’ve learned a lot about medical specialty choice this year. Take a look back.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…53 minutes ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- RT @APSPublications: NEW! Check out our updated data supplement policy. In your next submission, link to additional data and auxiliary info…1 hour ago | ajpheartcirc