Health Sciences Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the MERLOT Health Sciences Portal, an educational resource for health professionals. You are invited to join MERLOT―it's free―and contribute to this growing community of health professionals, health professional educators, and students by using the learning materials, submitting your own modules and assignments for evaluation, and learning ideas to help you learn as well as teach in a variety of settings.
If you have any questions, contact the Editor of the Health Sciences Editorial Board,
Liza Mayeux at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This overview and information is for health care professionals and students to understand and value the upcoming technology and medical advances related to genomics. It can be used in the classroom as a Powerpoint Presentation or assigned to students or health care staff for self-study.
2 Week Diet 2020: Brian Flatt
Brian Flatt’s 2 Week Diet is a 99-page online weight loss program, that will help you lose 6 pounds of stubborn body fat...
Interpretation of ABGs in an easy way.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a virus (more specifically, a coronavirus) identified as the cause of an outbreak...
Chest Tube Care
Education on the care of a patient with a chest tube.
Health in the Philippines
This informational webpage discusses major underlying determinants of poor health and their effect on the health of...
How To Read An Electrocardiogram (EKG/ECG)
This material is very educational for any nurse wanting to learn how to interperate EKGs.
NCLEX Study Guide
FREE NCLEX review tips and NCLEX study guide video lessons and more.
2018 NCLEX Practice Questions for Free - Nurseslabs
Free NCLEX practice questions!
Pediatric Nursing Game
Informal pediatric nursing learning and continued education.
Critical Care Cardiovascular Nursing resources
Resources cover the spectrum of cardiovascular diseases and medical and surgical interventions. Find practical and...
Growth and Development of the School-Age Child Flashcards | Quizlet
Key concepts in nursing for understanding the growth and development of school-aged children.
Assessment of Pediatric Patients
This material breaks down the assessment of a pediatric patient. It is a visual guide and helps to tell you what is...
7 Essential NCLEX Study Tips
Once nursing students graduate, one final test is required to confirm their licensure. These study tips provide insight...
Foley Catheter Insertion Female | How to Insert a Foley Catheter Sterile Technique
UPDATE due to recent guidelines changes: Bard no longer recommends inflating or pre-testing the balloon prior to...
Anatomy PurposeGames Playlists
Short anatomy quizzes for learning basic cell structures to major muscles. Created and used to study for nursing school....
Assessment and Management of Stroke
Comprehensive assessment and management of stroke resource for nurses and nursing students. Includes treatment modalities...
HESI Exit Exam | HESI - Test-Guide.com
The HESI Exit Exam is an assessment exam used by various Nursing programs to determine whether a student is ready to take...
This resource includes teaching strategies, unfolding case scenarios, additional resources, and the framework held by the...
Determinants of compassion satisfaction, compassion fatigue and burn out in nursing: A correlative meta-analysis.
Abstract BACKGROUND: Compassionate care is essential for better clinical and patient outcomes, but during healthcare...
Outcomes of rapid response team implementation in tertiary private hospitals: a prospective cohort study
Cardiopulmonary arrest may result in high mortality rate in hospitals where the rapid response team is not implemented. A...
Clinical Issues—March 2020
March 2020's issue from the Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) aims to "provide the learner with...
Back to Basics 2.0: Surgical Attire
This article aims to provide readers with knowledge on best practices related to surgical attire. It has three...
Factile | Jeopardy Classroom Review Game ECG Terms
Online engaging Jeopardy-style game with ECG terms!
This article reviews what bedsores are, how to prevent them, and what treatment should consist of.
sara peelerUniversity of North Carolina System - Wilmington
JENNIFER KEANMiddlesex County Vocational-Technical School
trupti AtkariHumber College of Applied Arts and Technology
Regina DemasiBelmont Technical College
Christal FirmacionOld Dominion University
David PantanganOld Dominion University
Yakita BessantOld Dominion University
Bahzad HamadUniversity of Raparin
Sierra DavisOld Dominion University
Ashlyn CappielloOld Dominion University
Caroline GeradtsOld Dominion University
Sophia ClarkeOld Dominion University
Caroline BrunoSaint Xavier University
D'Ericka ArtisOld Dominion University
Jennifer KohlmeyerNortheast Iowa Community/Technical College
Jennifer NaylorBaptist Health-UAMS GME
Christina-Marie BenedictoOld Dominion University
Brandon SparrerOld Dominion University
Andi SaysonOld Dominion University
Eva DanielsOld Dominion University
Jillian Rose CruzOld Dominion University
Anna MinerOld Dominion University
Materials by Discipline
- Audiology (4)
- Cancer (467)
- Cardiology (201)
- Dentistry (55)
- Dermatology (36)
- Ear, Nose, and Throat (67)
- Endocrinology (96)
- Epidemiology (88)
- Exercise Science (39)
- Gastroenterology (124)
- Genetics and Infectious Disease (241)
- Geriatrics (60)
- Healthcare Administration (45)
- Hematology (90)
- Internal Medicine (70)
- Medical Laboratory Technology (47)
- Mental Health (542)
- Nephrology (100)
- Neurology (326)
- Nursing Education (170)
- Nursing (927)
- Nutrition (175)
- OB and Gyn (244)
- Ophthalmology (40)
- Orthopedics (130)
- Other (268)
- Pathology (36)
- Pediatrics (152)
- Pharmacy (131)
- Preventive Medicine (26)
- Public Health (486)
- Pulmonary Medicine (50)
- Radiology (70)
- Rheumatology (6)
- Sports Medicine (27)
- Surgery (219)
- Therapeutics (33)
- Toxicology (18)
- Veterinary Medicine (34)
Journals & Publications
- The American Nurse
- Nursing Management
- The Nurse Practitioner
- JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association
- Journal of Dental Hygiene
- Journal of the American Dental Association
- Online Journal of Nursing Informatics
- Online Journal of Issues in Nursing
- American Society of Health SystemsPharmacist (ASHP)
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy(ACCP)
- American Society of ConsultantPharmacists (ASCP)
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM)
- PLOS (Public Library of Science)
- Applied Physiology Nutrition and Metabolism
- Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine
- European Journal of Sport Science
- International Journal of Epidemiology
- International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport
- International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism
- International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance
- Journal of Applied Psychology
- Journal of Athletic Training
- Journal of Biomechanics
- Journal of International Society of Sports Nutrition
- Journal of Physiology
- Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Journal of Sport Management
- Journal of Sport Rehabilitation
- Journal of Sports Sciences
- Journal of Applied Physiology
Health Sciences on the Web
Aquablation® Therapy Recommended in 2020 European Association of Urology Guidelines for the ...
Mar 31, 2020 03:52 AM PDT
Commentary: In Maine, public health heroes are all around us
Mar 31, 2020 12:52 AM PDT
San Francisco SRO Hotels To Be Inspected To Ensure Compliance With Public Health Order
Mar 30, 2020 09:52 PM PDT
Public health guidelines for homemade cloth masks
Mar 30, 2020 09:07 PM PDT
Occupational Therapy Restores Function and Independence
Mar 30, 2020 08:56 PM PDT
Davis County drafting new public health order as more young adults get sick
Mar 30, 2020 08:00 PM PDT
Analytics, public health, and the gospel: how faith institutions are adapting to COVID-19
Mar 30, 2020 06:18 PM PDT
Tricare Gives Temporary OK to Telehealth Autism Therapy
Mar 30, 2020 05:22 PM PDT
Public Health receives complaints about roughly 250 employers not following state's orders
Mar 30, 2020 05:21 PM PDT
Both public health and politics played a role in Trump's coronavirus decision
Mar 30, 2020 05:17 PM PDT
SPORTS MEDICINE: Don't be left out when safe to play again
Mar 30, 2020 05:00 PM PDT
Need Some Cat Therapy?
Mar 30, 2020 04:37 PM PDT
Kern Public Health reports 74 COVID-19 cases
Mar 30, 2020 04:22 PM PDT
Physician Assistant Program celebrates 25 years
Mar 30, 2020 04:03 PM PDT
Hirono, Menendez Lead Senate Colleagues in Call for Increased Funding for Public Health ...
Mar 30, 2020 03:14 PM PDT
How the coronavirus' economic toll could also affect public health
Mar 30, 2020 03:12 PM PDT
Amid pandemic jitters, Napa mental health therapy switches to the phone
Mar 30, 2020 02:07 PM PDT
What Is “Public Health” and What Does It Mean for the Coronavirus and COVID-19?
Mar 30, 2020 01:26 PM PDT
Public health officer says social distancing may be working in King County
Mar 30, 2020 12:52 PM PDT
Therapy from the comfort of your home
Mar 30, 2020 11:11 AM PDT
Health Sciences on Twitter
- It's completely normal to experience some anxiety during the #COVID19 pandemic. @DrMaryAlvord outlines some practic… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…36 minutes ago | APA
- We're answering physicians' most frequently asked #COVID19 questions. Our FAQ page explains what physicians should… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…43 minutes ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- We support health workers using their own PPE when these critical resources are not provided by their employer. We… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 hour ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- The lack of #PPE for medical professionals working on the front lines of the #COVID19 #pandemic is unacceptable.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 hour ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- The April issue of #APNMJournal🏋️🍎 is now available online! Check it out here: buff.ly/2xHMtre https://t.co/goH5BkQoj8, photo: pic.twitter.com/goH5BkQoj81 hour ago | APNMjournal
- RT @hug_paquin: Résolution des symptômes à l'intérieur d'un mois, autant chez les adultes que les enfants. #concussion @CJSMonline @INESSS…2 hours ago | CJSMonline
- Cohort study finds poor glycemic control increases the risk of invasive Group B Streptococcus infections. ja.ma/2RFRw302 hours ago | JAMAInternalMed
- Government, industry, and public responses to #COVID19 are changing rapidly. Stay informed on everything from reimb… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 hours ago | APA
- Tune tomorrow at 2 pm CST to this #ChangeMedEd webinar, featuring panelists discussing how to continue developing… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 hours ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- #Adalimumab biosimilars exist to the global bestselling drug #Humira, but they are not marketed in US due to patent… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 hours ago | JAMAInternalMed