Health Sciences Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the MERLOT Health Sciences Portal, an educational resource for health professionals. You are invited to join MERLOT―it's free―and contribute to this growing community of health professionals, health professional educators, and students by using the learning materials, submitting your own modules and assignments for evaluation, and learning ideas to help you learn as well as teach in a variety of settings.
If you have any questions, contact the Editor of the Health Sciences Editorial Board,
Kelly P. Massey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This overview and information is for health care professionals and students to understand and value the upcoming technology and medical advances related to genomics. It can be used in the classroom as a Powerpoint Presentation or assigned to students or health care staff for self-study.
Titanic VR: Virtual Reality Exploration
Witness the sinking of RMS Titanic. Explore the shipwreck. Titanic VR @ titanicvr.io is an immersive educational...
An Alternative Therapeutic Approach on Bone Cells Differentiation after Administration of Biofield Energy Treated Vitamin D3 in MG-63 Cell line
The objective of the current experiment was to evaluate the potential of Consciousness Energy Healing-based test items...
Improved Overall Bone Health Activity in MG-63 Cell Line after Biofield Energy Healing Treatment on Vitamin D3.
The aim of the study is to evaluate the role of The Trivedi Effect®-Consciousness Energy Healing based vitamin D3 and...
Biofield Energy Healing Based Vitamin D3: An Improved Overall Bone Health Activity in MG-63 Cell Line
The potential of The Trivedi Effect®-Consciousness Energy Healing vitamin D3 and DMEM medium was investigated in human...
The Value of Mentorship
Transition to practice presents many challenges for new nurses. Mentorship and mentorship programs have been shown to be...
Allen Brain Atlas
The Allen Brain Atlas is the most comprehensive and detailed map of the human brain to date, combining neuroimaging and...
Bio-protocol - Life Science Research Journal for Protocols
Created in 2011 by a group of Stanford scientists, Bio-protocol is an international protocol platform journal for...
An Introduction to Nutrition -
Welcome to Essentials of Nutrition: A Functional Approach! This book is written for students who are not majoring in...
PaperHive.org : coworking hub for researchers
PaperHive introduces seamless discussion of research papers in the browser, embedded in the regular workflow. This allows...
TIP 41: Substance Abuse Treatment: Group Therapy
This guide helps counselors improve their skills in leading group therapy sessions for substance use treatment. The guide...
TIP 35: Enhancing Motivation for Change in Substance Abuse Treatment|SAMHSA
This guide helps clinicians influence the change process in their clients by incorporating motivational interventions...
The Poetics and Politics of Alzheimer’s Disease Life-Writing | SpringerLink
This is the first book-length exploration of the thoughts and experiences expressed by dementia patients in published...
Cloud-Based Benchmarking of Medical Image Analysis | SpringerLink
This book presents the VISCERAL project benchmarks for analysis and retrieval of 3D medical images (CT and MRI) on a...
Das Blaue Buch | SpringerLink
Dieses Buch ist eine Open-Access-Publikation unter einer CC BY-NC 2.5 Lizenz.Einfach handhabbare und praxisorientierte...
Nutrition can be defined as the science of food, beverages, and their components in biological systems. A nutrient is a...
Kansas State University Human Nutrition Flexbook
Designed primarily to be read online, Lindshield’s flexbook includes plenty of visuals, with links to videos, animations,...
The Handbook of Salutogenesis | SpringerLink
This in-depth survey of salutogenesis shows the breadth and strengths of this innovative perspective on health promotion,...
Kansas State University Human Nutrition (FNDH 400) Flexbook
The CK-12 foundation defines a flexbook as a “free and open source textbook platform where one can build and edit...
Introduction to Vital Signs Examination and Evaluation Study Guide
This module will walk the student or clinician through the fundamentals of assessing vital signs. This module is broken...
PLOS ONE: Open Data Research Guidelines & Open Data Recommended Repositories
PLOS One is accelerating the publication of peer-reviewed science by its Open Data Research guidelines and recommended...
Zenodo.org: Open Science Research Data Repository
Zenodo.org is a free Open Science Research Data Archive Repository built by CERN and OpenAIRE enabling researchers to...
Biofield Energy Enriched Vitamin D3: A New Horizons for Development of Bone Health Using MG-63 Cells
The current study investigates the effect of Consciousness Energy Healing based vitamin D3 and DMEM medium on bone health...
Assessment of Bone Health After Treatment with the Consciousness Energy Healing Treated Vitamin D3 in Human Bone Osteosarcoma Cells (MG-63)
Osteoporosis is associated with increased mortality and significant economic and health burden now-a-days. The study was...
Regulation of Bone Health Parameters After Treatment with Biofield Energy Healing Based Vitamin D3 on Human Osteoblast Cell Line (MG-63)
Bone disorders dramatically affecting the functional status of many individuals, which are suffering from bone diseases...
April PageGulf Coast Community/Technical College
Denise Di LellaFraser Health Authority
Hillary WeismillerEast Carolina University
Tamilselvam GunasekaranMichigan State University
Tammy MarshallRappahannock Community/Technical College
Sarah DesjarlaisMinnesota State Community and Technical Colleges
Gonna LearnRoyal Melbourne Institute of Technology
Stacie GreeneSaint Ambrose University
Marissa MeyerUniversity of British Columbia*
lynda shandCollege of New Rochelle
Mandip KCUniversity of Minnesota - Twin Cities
James AndersonHealth and Fitness
Sean YatesUniversity of Texas Medical Branch
Rebecca CockrellHinds Community/Technical College
Martin mikellMedical College of Wisconsin
Megan MarivelesLone Star College Tomball
Heather ClesiNorth Harris Montgomery County Community/Technical College District
Janet CooleyUniversity of Arizona
Jarice RisperNorthern Virginia Community/Technical College
Margaret StewartEast Carolina University
Tia WillisEast Carolina University
Jessica BlackwellEast Carolina University
Materials by Discipline
- Audiology (3)
- Cancer (458)
- Cardiology (197)
- Dentistry (56)
- Dermatology (36)
- Ear, Nose, and Throat (67)
- Endocrinology (91)
- Epidemiology (89)
- Exercise Science (37)
- Gastroenterology (124)
- General (468)
- Genetics and Infectious Disease (136)
- Geriatrics (56)
- Healthcare Administration (40)
- Hematology (91)
- Internal Medicine (66)
- Medical Laboratory Technology (45)
- Mental Health (126)
- Nephrology (98)
- Neurology (322)
- Nursing Education (129)
- Nursing (736)
- Nutrition (163)
- OB and Gyn (157)
- Ophthalmology (43)
- Orthopedics (132)
- Other (272)
- Pathology (37)
- Pediatrics (141)
- Pharmacy (182)
- Preventive Medicine (25)
- Public Health (484)
- Pulmonary Medicine (49)
- Radiology (72)
- Rheumatology (6)
- Sports Medicine (26)
- Surgery (191)
- Therapeutics (32)
- Toxicology (16)
- Veterinary Medicine (31)
Journals & Publications
- The American Nurse
- Nursing Management
- The Nurse Practitioner
- JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association
- Journal of Dental Hygiene
- Journal of the American Dental Association
- Online Journal of Nursing Informatics
- Online Journal of Issues in Nursing
- American Society of Health SystemsPharmacist (ASHP)
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy(ACCP)
- American Society of ConsultantPharmacists (ASCP)
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM)
- PLOS (Public Library of Science)
- Applied Physiology Nutrition and Metabolism
- Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine
- European Journal of Sport Science
- International Journal of Epidemiology
- International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport
- International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism
- International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance
- Journal of Applied Psychology
- Journal of Athletic Training
- Journal of Biomechanics
- Journal of International Society of Sports Nutrition
- Journal of Physiology
- Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Journal of Sport Management
- Journal of Sport Rehabilitation
- Journal of Sports Sciences
- Journal of Applied Physiology
Health Sciences on the Web
Health Sciences on Twitter
- So the guinea pig may be easier on the eye, but the naked mole rat lives more than twice as long! Read more about h… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…56 minutes ago | BioMedCentral
- A direct demonstration of functional TRPV1 in Cajal–Retzius cells buff.ly/2OFAONa https://t.co/dPUDWjYTES, photo: pic.twitter.com/dPUDWjYTES1 hour ago | JPhysiol
- @JSportsSci attention around are articles, tracked by @altmetric
14 sources of attention!!
Not just Twitter!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4 hours ago | JSportsSci
- The Journal of Sports Sciences | @altmetric
Thanks to everyone who has helped create #Attention around our resear… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4 hours ago | JSportsSci
- In the #news: “Are patients adequately informed about CT lung screening?” Find out via @AuntMinnie qoo.ly/rg3dn8 hours ago | JAMAInternalMed
- RT @chrishendel: Several impt papers in @JAMAInternalMed now out.
Clinicians not discussing the harms of #lungcancer screening w/patients
h…9 hours ago | JAMAInternalMed
- Fewer teeth, poorer dental hygiene, and more dental caries experience are closely related to dysbiotic shift in the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…10 hours ago | DentistryToday
- RT @Gil_Bashe: Disease is both organic and environmental. We must choose to sustain people's lives - to arrest illness; overcome challenges…10 hours ago | JAMAInternalMed
- NPs, be sure to read this CE article on noninfectious causes of fever in adults. #NPs #NursePractitioners #APRNs… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…11 hours ago | NursPrac_online
- In the #news: “Many U.S. doctors don’t discuss the harms of lung cancer screening or the potential for overdiagnosi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…11 hours ago | JAMAInternalMed