Health Sciences Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the MERLOT Health Sciences Portal, an educational resource for health professionals. You are invited to join MERLOT―it's free―and contribute to this growing community of health professionals, health professional educators, and students by using the learning materials, submitting your own modules and assignments for evaluation, and learning ideas to help you learn as well as teach in a variety of settings.
If you have any questions, contact the Editor of the Health Sciences Editorial Board,
Nancyruth Leibold, Health Sciences Editor at email@example.com.
Dr. Jamie Murphy's OER textbook for Transitions to Professional Nursing is featured in the Health Sciences showcase. The text is for students transitioning from an associate degree education to a baccalaureate degree. Content includes a broad overview of the nursing profession, the role of accrediting and professional organizations with a strong focus on the American Nurses Association’s foundational documents. The competencies of the Standards of Professional Practice and the Code of Ethics are weaved throughout the text.
Topics covered in this text include professional nursing practice, baccalaureate education, healthcare in the 21st century, autonomy and accountability, nursing philosophy, professional development, communication, interprofessional collaboration, critical thinking, introduction to evidence-based practice, and nursing leadership and theory.
What is food? A thing we eat, a creator of cultures, an all-encompassing system? An object, a process, a way of...
This is a personal portfolio.
Is Banana Good For Diabetes | Know How It Affects Blood Sugar Levels?
The contents of each meal must be carefully considered by a diabetic. While fruits and vegetables provide a variety of...
A review of hemolytic disorders and the laboratory methods used to aid in diagnoses
Macrocytic and Hypoproliferative Anemias
A review of macrocytic and hypoproliferative disorders and the laboratory methods used to aid in diagnoses
Erythrocyte and Hemoglobin
A review of erythorcyte, or red blood cell (RBC), and hemoglobin physiology, to include structure and function.
Virtual zoomable and pannable hemocytometer images to train Clinical Laboratory Science students on identifying nucleated...
Blood Cell ID
A virtual Clinical Hematology tool to visually compare cell morphologies
Nursing Skills Videos
This is a collection of 6 videos that demonstrate a variet of nursing skills. Topics include: Newborn Bath Demonstration...
Cara Menulis Diagnosis Keperawatan - Perawat.Org
Cara menulis diagnosis keperawatan sesuai standarisasi Persatuan Perawat Nasional Indonesia (PPNI) dalam buku Standar...
Foundations for Assisting in Home Care
Home health services are those which are provided within the comforts of the home setting to help people avoid...
Transitions to Professional Nursing Practice
T Transitions to Professional Nursing Practice provides a pivotal learning experience for students transitioning from an...
Applications of Control Charts for Quality Improvement in Health Care
This textbook introduces students to the application methods of control charts to improve quality in health care. The...
Basic Tools for Quality Improvement in Health Care Informatics
This textbook introduces students to the essential tools of quality improvement. The emphasis is placed on health care...
Public Health in Pharmacy Practice: A Casebook 2nd Edition
This casebook, now in its second edition, is a collaboration of over 90 individuals with expertise and training in public...
Gamification in Nursing Education: Digital Instructional Materials Enhancing Pedagogy
This presentation introduces the concept of gamification, which can be used in the educational context for student...
Principles of Environmental Health -HSCI 3052
This open textbook is being utilized in the Principles of Environmental Health course for undergraduate students by Dr....
CAT and Authentic Assessment
This site explains CAT (Classroom Assessment Techniques) as well as Authentic Assessment. It is particularly directed to...
Peripheral Blood CV Slides
A central location to share CellaVision slide files with other laboratory professionals and Clinical Laboratory Science...
The 4 Types of Introvert - Which one are you?
What comes to your mind when you hear the word: “introvert”? Is it that shy wallflower daydreaming in the social...
10 Signs of Narcissistic Victim Syndrome
Narcissistic Victim Syndrome is a term that collectively describes specific and often severe side effects of narcissistic...
6 Signs You Have a Wounded Inner Child
Do you have a wounded inner child? What exactly does an inner child mean? The inner child is a powerful psychological...
13 Problems Only Highly Sensitive People Will Understand
Do you consider yourself a deep thinker and feel things much more intensely than others?
How to Build Self-Esteem – The Six Pillars of Self-Esteem by Nathaniel Branden
If you are struggling, consider an online therapy session with our partner BetterHelp:...
Mary Ann McLaneUniversity of Delaware
Teresa BernabéuClínica Teresa Bernabéu
Andrea Eden ShingletonKentucky CommunityandTechnical College System
Ashley RamseyIvy Tech Community/Technical College - Crawfordsville,Frankfort,Lafayette
Sharon DuffyLouisiana State University System - Health Sciences Center
Dawn PlattMuskegon Community/Technical College
Jennifer JohnsonKaskaskia College
Michele ValenciaCollin County Community/Technical College
Albrey BerberUniversity of Arkansas System - Medical Sciences
Godfred Yawson ScottKwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
Dominique PrinceUniversity System of Georgia - Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College
Cassidy BahrBlue Mountain Community/Technical College
Jennifer Davy-MarquardtSt. Petersburg College
Berline Pierre-LouisUniversity of Saint Thomas
Maria Eduarda Diniz Santos CastroUniversity of São Paulo
Deise GarridoUniversity of São Paulo
Emily RushRush University
LaReine SmithFelbry College of Nursing
Tingting YuGraduate School of Dalian Medical University
Anjela JohnstonSoutheast Region EMS Council
Star LawrenceEast Carolina University
Lila LeeChildren's of Alabama
susan guffeyUniversity of Rochester
Materials by Discipline
- Audiology (4)
- Cancer (484)
- Cardiology (212)
- COVID, SARS, MERS (35)
- Dentistry (84)
- Dermatology (39)
- Ear, Nose, and Throat (70)
- Endocrinology (107)
- Epidemiology (110)
- Exercise Science (47)
- Gastroenterology (127)
- Genetics and Infectious Disease (257)
- Geriatrics (70)
- Healthcare Administration (146)
- Healthcare Disparities/Inequities (13)
- Hematology (97)
- Internal Medicine (72)
- Medical Laboratory Technology (62)
- Mental Health (567)
- Nephrology (103)
- Neurology (333)
- Nursing Education (225)
- Nursing (1392)
- Nutrition (198)
- OB and Gyn (268)
- Ophthalmology (43)
- Orthopedics (132)
- Other (307)
- Pathology (42)
- Pediatrics (168)
- Pharmacy (149)
- Preventive Medicine (33)
- Public Health (563)
- Pulmonary Medicine (55)
- Radiology (74)
- Respiratory Therapy (5)
- Rheumatology (7)
- Sports Medicine (27)
- Surgery (222)
- Therapeutics (37)
- Toxicology (23)
- Veterinary Medicine (57)
Journals & Publications
- The American Nurse
- Nursing Management
- The Nurse Practitioner
- JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association
- Journal of Dental Hygiene
- Journal of the American Dental Association
- Online Journal of Nursing Informatics
- Online Journal of Issues in Nursing
- American Society of Health SystemsPharmacist (ASHP)
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy(ACCP)
- American Society of ConsultantPharmacists (ASCP)
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM)
- PLOS (Public Library of Science)
- Applied Physiology Nutrition and Metabolism
- Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine
- European Journal of Sport Science
- International Journal of Epidemiology
- International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport
- International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism
- International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance
- Journal of Applied Psychology
- Journal of Athletic Training
- Journal of Biomechanics
- Journal of International Society of Sports Nutrition
- Journal of Physiology
- Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Journal of Sport Management
- Journal of Sport Rehabilitation
- Journal of Sports Sciences
- Journal of Applied Physiology
- American Holistic Nurses Association
- National League for Nursing
Health Sciences on the Web
Massachusetts public health officials confirm first case of monkeypox in U.S. - Newport Buzz
May 19, 2022 05:29 AM PDT
The public health crisis with liver disease affects everyone | The Hill
May 19, 2022 05:26 AM PDT
Public health alert issued for specific Great Value Ready-to-Eat Ham product - WTKR
May 19, 2022 04:02 AM PDT
Tracking the Spend: State Public Health's IT Goods Purchases in April - Techwire
May 19, 2022 03:34 AM PDT
Ruxolitinib versus best available therapy in inadequately controlled polycythaemia vera ...
May 19, 2022 03:34 AM PDT
Community health day slated for Saturday at Aspen Rec | AspenTimes.com
May 19, 2022 02:31 AM PDT
Public Health Alert: Black Forest ham from Walmart may not be fully cooked - Dayton Daily News
May 19, 2022 02:30 AM PDT
Public Health Experts: Don't Let Fears of Teen Vaping Slow Push to Get Older Smokers to Switch
May 19, 2022 12:09 AM PDT
Sandusky Register: State leaders wrong about public health, again - The Lima News
May 19, 2022 12:08 AM PDT
Effectiveness of Acceptance Commitment Therapy for autistic individuals has been investigated
May 19, 2022 12:04 AM PDT
eBook: Digitization and Modernization in Public Health Organizations - The Mandarin
May 18, 2022 10:47 PM PDT
Roche, bluebird bio settle gene therapy trademark suit around 'spark' sickle cell disease campaign
May 18, 2022 09:29 PM PDT
Healing through Horses: Chastain Horse Park building new therapy center | News | mdjonline.com
May 18, 2022 09:28 PM PDT
Francis Collins Urges Gene Therapy Community to Scale Efforts to Tackle Rare Diseases
May 18, 2022 08:36 PM PDT
Best Red Light Therapy Tools Of 2022: Fight Fine Lines, Acne & More - MindBodyGreen
May 18, 2022 06:49 PM PDT
NDIS uses secret tool to calculate children's therapy funding - Sydney Morning Herald
May 18, 2022 06:47 PM PDT
Regulatory Testing for Cell and Gene Therapies: Meeting the Challenges - BioProcess International
May 18, 2022 06:35 PM PDT
Athletico Physical Therapy (@athletico_pt) • Fotos e vídeos do Instagram
May 18, 2022 06:24 PM PDT
Dublin Retirement Village hosts retirement 'PAWty' for beloved therapy dog | WTTE - FOX 28
May 18, 2022 06:13 PM PDT
Public Health | ASPE - HHS.gov
May 18, 2022 05:52 PM PDT
Health Sciences on Twitter
- RT @800273TALK: Today is #MentalHealthAction Day, & we're encouraging everyone to take a second to check-in & take action for their #mental…16 minutes ago | APA
- New research from @ufbreathe @ufphhp @ufexplore looking at how acute intermittent hypercapnic-hypoxia elicits cent… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…17 minutes ago | JPhysiol
- The Take Your Leadership to the Next Level: ANA’s Workshop for Experienced Nurse Leaders gives you the skills to th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…25 minutes ago | ANANursingWorld
- 🌟 FREE Article of the Week 🌟
Female rats are less prone to clinical #HeartFailure than male rats in a juvenile rat… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…28 minutes ago | ajpheartcirc
- Research published in @BMCBiology reveals the role of gestational Estriol —a steroid hormone formed only during pre… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…29 minutes ago | BioMedCentral
- Health Leaders Urge Immediate Action on Patient and Workforce Safety
dentistrytoday.com/patient-and-wo…30 minutes ago | DentistryToday
- Through collaborations like the Peer Network, #OurAMA continues its work to address root causes of inequities that… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…34 minutes ago | AmerMedicalAssn
- This is just one of the mat work complete routines you'll find in the new edition of Pilates! Practice with integri… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…35 minutes ago | Human_Kinetics
- RT @journal_trauma: Keynote speakers for elite reviewer training programme-22nd and 29th May 2022 (registration link)
https://t.co/9EFST9H…41 minutes ago | ELSORTHOPAEDICS
- RT @J_ISAKOS: 🆕 #JISAKOS Podcasts | #8
#featuring Dr @RKMartin6 from @UMNOrthoSurg
⏩ Predicting Subjective Failure of ACLR: A Machine Learn…41 minutes ago | ELSORTHOPAEDICS